New Engineer, need combo field tips

in Engineer

Posted by: Splatter.2169

Splatter.2169

Q:

Newish Eng, level 30 which I just love coming from a relatively “vanilla” Warrior. I’ve read/heard about making/using our own combo fields but I’m really ignorant of exactly how they work and how I can utilize them myself. I know about the flame thrower combo field and I do put it up for friendlies to shoot through but that is it. On a separate but related note, I’d also love to know how blast finishers work.

Thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: Rvue.1839

Rvue.1839

A:

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Blast combos work by setting off some kind of explosion inside the combo field and spreading a bonus to everyone near the blast. For example, you could stand in your own napalm wall, pull out your pistol/shield, and double-tap ‘4’ to blast might to everyone around you. Then you could back up and shoot through it yourself to get a chance at burning. If you have a rifle, you could Jump Shot through the wall of fire to get a fire aura effect.

Each skill will list some kind of “Combo Finisher: XXXX” if it can be used to combo with a field. There’s a couple unlisted ones though, especially the “detonate turret” buttons. A couple turrets can actually combo with themselves if you detonate them at the right time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Andy.3567

Andy.3567

Check this out:
http://www.mastodonte.fr/outils/tool-combo#en

It allows you to see exactly what combo’s your prof. is capable of and shows you which abilities to use to achieve them

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Let me tell you how to get you and your team 18 seconds of out-of-combat stealth.

1) Use pistol/shield
2) Put down your healing turret, rifle turret, and a mine
3) Switch to your bomb kit
4) Drop Big Ol’ bomb
5) Drop bomb kit 4 skill then switch back to pistol/shield
6) Prepare to drop supply crate on yourself
7) Wait for the smoke bomb to explode
8) Immediately drop the supply crate, detonate your two turrets and your mine
9) Double-tap shield 4 for Magnetic inversion

Steps 4-9 need to be done as fast as game mechanics allow, because the smoke field only lasts 3 second. Do this many times and you’ll get a grand idea of engineer’s self-combo fields. Consider other fields, like the bomb kit #2 for 18 stacks of might. Also the flame turret creates a smoke field for 5 second which would be easier except the field only works when you are in combat with the enemy close to the turret.

Another thing I did, to prove it worked, was to allow myself to get a long poison from a spider in Lonar’s pass, drop Elixir Gun’s Super Elixir, and shoot through it with my gun (or perhaps the took kit tool belt skill) to see if the projectile finisher will actually remove the poison when combo’d through my light field. Spoiler: it does.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Engineer

Posted by: Splatter.2169

Splatter.2169

Thanks everyone!