New Engineer questions

New Engineer questions

in Engineer

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

Hey guys I have never played an engineer before and was wondering how fun they are?
Also any recomendation on which race?

New Engineer questions

in Engineer

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

I love playing engi – it was my first character, and even though i now have 7/8 classes, its still my favorite and my overwhelmingly most played PvE and by a fair margin my most played WvW character currently.
I find them really fun because they can fill almost any role adequately. Engis have water fields, fire fields, AoE poison (for WvW), heals, a fair amount of blast finishing, projectile negation, high, AoE power DPS potential, high conditions potential (engis have access to almost every condition in the game, iirc the only exceptions being fear and torment), liberal condi cleanse, extremely high utility, and even a bit of stability.

Of course, many of these roles can be preformed more effectively by other classes, but its the all around versatility, combined with high-end damage, that makes me love engi so much.

For race, i personally only play Asura, so maybe im biased, but i think Asura fits engi particularly well. Out of all the races, your engi hobosacks look the least bad on Asura i think, as well as that i think the idea of engineer kinda fits Asura.
In lore though, engineering started with the Charr, so id definitely advise you the charr too if you want an engi. Theyre too big and stompy for me, but thats just my personal opinion. Engineer naturally synergises with the charr’s steampunky style, and you get to wield absolutely massive rifles.

New Engineer questions

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Most fun class by far

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

New Engineer questions

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

engi balance is an example of what every other class needs. we have good power, condi, and hybrid specs. we can use all utilities in some part of the game (though gadgets are more niche than others, and kits are more central than others). gameplay is extremely active and requires higher APM to play well compared to every class except ele. in pvp, we have well defined counters in strong condi damage and lockdown. pretty much everything we do is aoe, which is bad for stealth classes, and brings something to team fights. we have a place in pve thanks to excellent potential mobility for open world, and great vuln stacking, might stacking, and dps in dungeons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

New Engineer questions

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Engi takes a higher level of skill IMHO to master. You are constantly swapping kits and weapon in combat to make use of your highest damaging skills. They’re unique as there is virtually no cooldown on kit swaps so you can hit your high damage abilities on any kit/weap as soon as they come off cooldown, not waiting for a weapon swap CD to get to um.

So much versatility here though. If you choose Engi be ready to learn what each kit does and practice a lot. If you get good it’s very rewarding.

Only thing I don’t like about the class is that in a lot of cases it takes more button pushes to achieve what other classes can much easier, but Engi is very versatile so that’s the tradeoff.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”