New Healing Turret

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

I know there was already a lot of talk about it in the Patch notes thread but lets make one just for the healing turret.

First off the the regen from the turret must be bugged because it doesn’t seem to stack with other sources of regen. Anyone else notice this? Or do I have to do something special now to stack regen duration with the turret?

The way I see the healing turret now is this:
Drop healing turret -2675 heal.
Insta burst after dropping – 2675 heal, Clear 2 conditions
Pick up turret, Regenerating Mist.

Dropping the turret and picking it right back up is actually more efficient now than it was before. Thats the opposite of what the devs wanted to do. So props for that. The only way I see to make the turret effect enough while having it down on the battlefield for a prolonged period of time is keep the lower initial heal, have it pulse ~800 heal every 3s with 3s of regen and have the burst the same as it is now but reduce the heal to ~1200.

Also the health or toughness of the turret needs an upgrade if it is to be on the field very long. a few strong random aoes and it is dead.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

The Regen stacks with itself which is more important. Get some boon duration and sit in your heal turret until you have a super long Regen buff on yourself. I can see that changing pretty soon.

The Overcharge skill scales with Heal Power better then the old one. On top of having half the cooldown. The faster attack rate of the heal turret is nice too so you dont have to wait around as long for the overcharge again.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I was concerned when I was listening to the changes on that SOTG. There is still no reason to keep it out longer than the inital drop. The only effect this has is that we now have to press the heal skill key one extra time before detonating and we get cleanse on top of that.
(Assuming 0 healing power)
Before:
Heal on deploy: 4,920
Detonate: 1,320

Now:
Heal on deploy: 2,460
Overcharge: 2,460 + 2 conditions removed
Detonate: 1,320

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Before the overcharge removed all boons iirc. Atleast the wiki (which hasnt been updated to the new effect) says it was all conditions.

So now its 2 conditions. And you need those 3 button presses to get max healing, compared to 2 presses before. The regen before was also longer.

Ofcourse the overcharge before was very clunky as it pulses every 7 seconds. Now it pulses every 3. It still means its not very responsive, and you can get upto a 3sec delay before you get the heal and the condition removal.

I’d say this isnt better at all! Now i get half my heal upfront, and i might have to wait another 3sec to get my other half. When i heal i tend to need health, delaying half your heal by 3seconds is just rediculous. Especially since the heal wasnt buffed at all.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

NickDollahZ.5348

First of all you mean conditions not boons.
Second of all, it always removed two from the 1850 hrs I played the engineer.

I would gladly take an extra key press for an AOE heal + AOE condition removal + water field on a 15 second cd. Huge Buff to Support builds. With the new scaling and PVE/WvW stats you can pull off some really good healing. Although I feel it is laying down the foundation for a Cleaning Formula 409 nerf.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

The new Healing Turret is terrible in large scale WvW fights as the skill lag will ensure that you will never be able to get off your overcharge burst (if the turret isn’t melted instantly in the first place).

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

First off the the regen from the turret must be bugged because it doesn’t seem to stack with other sources of regen. Anyone else notice this? Or do I have to do something special now to stack regen duration with the turret?

I just tested this and it does stack with regen from regenerating mist and Elixir gun in PVE/WvW. Between those three I was able to get up to 18 seconds of regen. The initial regen from the turret isn’t enough to stack with itself unless you have some boon duration.

Before the overcharge removed all boons iirc. Atleast the wiki (which hasnt been updated to the new effect) says it was all conditions.

So now its 2 conditions. And you need those 3 button presses to get max healing, compared to 2 presses before. The regen before was also longer.

As stated earlier its always been 2 conditions, just had the tooltip. The reason the regeneration was a lot longer was because the pulse was every 7 seconds, not 3.

I see a lot of people complaining about the delay, and if you do it right you won’t have this problem. Spam that heal button when your ready to use it and it will land, heal, condition cleanse, heal again and apply a water field all at once. Even if you miss it you only have to wait 3 seconds for it to fire off, which isn’t a very long time.

I was running around with it in WvW for about 30 minutes and I really liked via my first impressions. I was trying a power build with healing turret and Net turret, and through creative use I was able to get some nice results from the water field. The reduced cooldown on the toolbelt skill was nice. I was able to utilize it in combination with my net turret for extra heals from its water field.

Also the hot fix fixed the duration of the water field, it is indeed 5 seconds now.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Overcharge is a great party heal: 2520 + explosion finisher 1320 each. Great!

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

NickDollahZ.5348

That Overcharge scales 1:1 with heal power and the blast finisher is a 0.2 heal power scaling. Add in Rune of the water. My Healing Support build that I never use just got better.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Is the overcharge now an AoE heal?

-Drums

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

NickDollahZ.5348

It was always an AOE heal. Before and after patch.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

You should only look at the Healing Turret (and all skills) from a tPvP perspective.
That is what Anet and our so called “Top” Engineers do.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Am i the only one getting weird results with healing power on this one?

In pvp the overcharge does not scale at all for me (the tool tip is incorrect to the actual healing) and in wvw it goes wonky as well with incorrect tooltips.

I walk around with 1k healing power and my overcharge stays at 2.6k.

Disappointing.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

The regen from 2 healing turrets do not stack which is a bit silly. Additionally, where throwing in other sources of regen it only seemed to stack some of the time.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Hybelkaninen.3087

Hybelkaninen.3087

The regen from 2 healing turrets do not stack which is a bit silly. Additionally, where throwing in other sources of regen it only seemed to stack some of the time.

You sure ? I just tried the Healing Turret together with Supply Crate, the regen stacked nicely…but then again, I have 30 points in Alchemy boosting Boon duration.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Overcharge should be a pulse. Healing turret goes down way too fast in spvp

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

I`m very happy they didnt decide to force us to have the turret out.

Keeping healing turret alive in pvp with its current hp / tough even when entirely traited and constantly spamming tool kit it still dies instantly when 1 guy is so much as looking at it.

As mentioned in the other thread – The water field appears to be shorter than 5 seconds.
The water field does not get cancled by blowing up the turret

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

As mentioned in the other thread – The water field appears to be shorter than 5 seconds.
The water field does not get cancled by blowing up the turret

From what I can tell the first hot fix changed it so it actually lasts 5 seconds, I just tested this. Maybe something is messed up waiting to use the overcharge?

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Longer waterfield, party healing – not just you. Can’t believe people crying about this, it’s a great boost for supportive playstyle. There are 2 other heals for just you. Try playing around with 20/0/30/20/0, pistol shield, healing turret – elixir gun – throw mine – bomb kit. Healing gear.
Thats 5 blasts you can play around with, stealthing, mighting, aoe healing ur buddies. kittenen hard to properly and consitently chaining blasts on different fields.

Throw mine → toolbelt regen → detonate + shield blast for a quickie on the fly.
big ol bomb → trow mine → heal turret + overcharge → detonate both + bombblast for a longer one.
And list goes on.

[TA]

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: seraphenslaved.6235

seraphenslaved.6235

Yeah…I play a p/s, FT, EG build with healing turret and my brother and I already make good use of combo fields and finishers. A 5 second waterfield really makes me happy :-)

Dinky Zero-Necromancer
Rumbles-Engineer
Simma Down Meow-Ranger

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

The new Healing Turret is terrible in large scale WvW fights as the skill lag will ensure that you will never be able to get off your overcharge burst (if the turret isn’t melted instantly in the first place).

Anyone who actually plays the engineer in all game modes knew that the proposed Heal Turret changes would have problems off paper and back in the reality of game use. Which is of course why our balance devs had absolutely zero clue.

The water field is only possible if your turret survives longer than 0.2 seconds, and that doesn’t happen in anywhere it might actually be useful in WvW. Plus the whole WvW skill lag issue.

(edited by Kalan.9705)

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Anyone who actually plays the engineer in all game modes knew that the proposed Heal Turret changes would have problems off paper and back in the reality of game use. Which is of course why our balance devs had absolutely zero clue.

The water field is only possible if your turret survives longer than 0.2 seconds, and that doesn’t happen in anywhere it might actually be useful in WvW. Plus the whole WvW skill lag issue.

Strange I’ve been running the healing turret in WvW all night and I haven’t had a. problems with skill lag and b. problems with it being useful. Huh that’s funny.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

What a useless stuff

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

I ran the new dungeon and WvW all night and I think the changes make the turret even better and it’s only one extra key press. There shouldn’t be a difference to the amount you are healed except now you give 50% on top of the waterfield blast to your allies. I don’t know why you would ever just pick up the turret after dropping it instead of detonating so there shouldn’t be any complaints that you are losing overall healing.

New Healing Turret

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

We only have to answer one question: how does this scale with healing powe?

If they only halved the base placement healing, and they put the same scaling on cleansing burst, actually its healing got buffed, even if you just place it and pick it up.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself