New Rune in Fractal Update

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Is completely unusable by our class:

“The Rune of Resistance grants bonus toughness, a reduction in condition duration, and aegis upon using a signet.”

Or… we are getting signets… which I doubt.

Thanks, ANet. =/

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Oh, i wanted to laugh when i read that line. Guess they didn’t even think about engineers, as usual.
Bonus points if they will be soulbound.

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

oh I can already see it backstabbing thieves who pop assassin’s signet before a backstab now get the bonus of a near no risk backstab through use of aegis.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Oh come on. There are a lot of class-specific runes out there. And there are a lot of runes in this game that obviously favor certain classes. Do you really think that other classes use on-heal runes as well as we do, with just swapping to Med Kit?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

oh I wasn’t saying it was a bad thing I just was thinking of if I got them that was the way that I might use them…and that others may complain about thieves blocking while stealthed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Honestly, with no fixes to basic engineer issues like hobosacks and legendary weapon issues and the addition of this new rune, I feel like this is a big middle finger to the engineers out there.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Honestly, with no fixes to basic engineer issues like hobosacks and legendary weapon issues and the addition of this new rune, I feel like this is a big middle finger to the engineers out there.

What legendary weapon issues?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Most likely in reference to no kit %increase when using a legendary.

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

Oh come on. There are a lot of class-specific runes out there. And there are a lot of runes in this game that obviously favor certain classes. Do you really think that other classes use on-heal runes as well as we do, with just swapping to Med Kit?

And how many runes that exclude a single class are there?
We can’t use that bonus at all, and we’re the only class that can’t do so.

They could have made it work with gadgets, for example.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Well, that’s largely because all bundles in this game have their own damage values. The same goes for Elementalists conjure weapons. Don’t really see the big deal. Bomb Kit and Grenade Kit compete just fine in the damage department, and they still take the increased Power, Precision, etc.—just not the Weapon Strength.

Legendaries are still very much worth getting as an Engineer, simply because you can change the stats of them at any given time.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Well, that’s largely because all bundles in this game have their own damage values. The same goes for Elementalists conjure weapons. Don’t really see the big deal. Bomb Kit and Grenade Kit compete just fine in the damage department, and they still take the increased Power, Precision, etc.—just not the Weapon Strength.

Legendaries are still very much worth getting as an Engineer, simply because you can change the stats of them at any given time.

Yeah I do not really care that it doesn’t increase. I went with Frenzy as my first legendary.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Uhh … Shout runes? Might Duration runes? Any condition duration runes?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

I’m really not surprised anymore that our class gets shafted. It’s like a running joke in the Anet office it seems. Giving out nice backpieces that I never see, having a legendary I never see, and nice ascended weapons that are useless to us.

But we have a sweet gas mask skin!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

There is a simple solution to this problem, they could change the new Rune to work with both Signets and Gadgets. That would give slightly more reason for Engineers to run Gadgets while also fixing the obvious oversight that we’re the only class that can’t benefit from these Runes in their current form.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Sure there are other runes that have effects excluding some professions. Namely Ranger and Soldier.
The Ranger adds extra damage for having a companion and Soldier cures conditions when using a Shout.

However, this does not in any way dismiss the complaint that newly designed content is made in such a way that it excludes professions. Or, actually, profession, singular.

The same profession that not to long ago also got shafted when ascended weapons were introduced, and he was told he was not going to reap the same benefits as other professions from these.
And has ofcourse been suffering from the very start in regards to weapon skins, and when introduced, backslot skins.

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

And neither of them exclude a single class – like this tune does.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

There are two big issues with legendaries and Engies. The already mentioned no increase in kit damage with a legendary/ascended weapon equipped. I’m well aware of base kit damages but what is the point for an engie to get an ascended/legendary weapon if they are going to mainly be in a kit that isn’t affected by the increase in stats? And no, we are not alone in this plight.

And the issue with legendary effects while in kits. This is not as subtle of an issue to fix, but it is an issue. In a game where cosmetics are everything end game, the engineer community gets the shaft because the majority of engineers are in kits the majority of the time.

Personally, since kits are our ‘weapons’ of trade I don’t see why they don’t just treat them as another weapon set and come out with legendary kits. Legendary flame thrower. Legendary elixer gun. It’s just as easy as making another legendary weapon.

Just because you are ok with the issues that exists with engineers and legendaries doesn’t mean there isn’t still problems that should be addressed.

And I’ve got both Quip and Frenzy on my engie. I’m happy with them both. But the issues are still there and should be addressed.

And it’s sad that while Frenzy is so beautiful, you are much better off from a DPS stand point to switch to a kit like elixer gun or grenades to do more damage. That is just a sign of the sad state of base weapon damage of this class.

in Engineer

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

I know that feel…

Honestly I wasn’t too happy when I read that line, because I suddenly remembered that every other classes except Engineer have Signet.

It’s not like there aren’t already runes that would be exclusive or useful to certain classes, for example Rune of the Necromancer’s +20% fear duration, and Rune of Tormenting’s +15% Torment Duration, but those are just the minority.

Even something else like the Rune of the Ranger’s +5% when you have a companion, which may seem like a Ranger-exclusive rune at first sight, but other classes can still use item or skill that summon companions to get the benefit effect; it’s nothing like this rune here that outright excludes ONE SINGLE class.

Even if the CD is long and the Aegis is only 2-3s, that’s still a powerful ability, I can’t believe they would do something like this.

Either don’t introduce this kind of rune in the first place, because they can’t avoid the problem of Engineer having no Signet, OR they could change it to “granting Aegis when using Signet OR Gadget” for instance.

I’m really disappointed in Anet this time.

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

oh I wasn’t saying it was a bad thing I just was thinking of if I got them that was the way that I might use them…and that others may complain about thieves blocking while stealthed.

I think thieves would be more interested in using Lyssa to be honest. Full cleanse gives them a chance against condi classes, aegis doesn’t.
The speccs that will benefit from these classes; mesmer, Ele, Necro, Warrior, Ranger, Guardian.

The most interesting interactions will come from the Warrior and Guardian in my opinion but the rune itself doesn’t seem like it would be that big a deal.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

And neither of them exclude a single class – like this tune does.

Pretty sure that Runes of the Soldier exclude every class that doesn’t have shouts. Whether it excludes one class or it excludes six, I don’t really see the difference.

this is funny you are comparing engineer kits with elementalist conjure weapons.

Comparing them? I’m just explaining how the game works. Both conjured weapons and kits are bundles with their own Weapon Strength. They replace your weapon.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

There are two big issues with legendaries and Engies. The already mentioned no increase in kit damage with a legendary/ascended weapon equipped. I’m well aware of base kit damages but what is the point for an engie to get an ascended/legendary weapon if they are going to mainly be in a kit that isn’t affected by the increase in stats? And no, we are not alone in this plight.

They don’t benefit from increased Weapon Strength, but they definitely benefit from the rest of the stats. You’re also neglecting the fact that legendary weapons can have their stats swapped at any time. I consider that enough of a reason to go for a legendary weapon alone. I definitely don’t regret going after mine being able to swap between Berserker and Sentinel on my Predator depending on whether I’m doing PvE or WvW.

I recognize the issues you’re talking about, and I do wish that The Predator’s increased Weapon Damage contributed to kit damage. But I still melt PvE content with the Bomb Kit. Your Power and the skill’s coefficient based on your Power value are a much more integral part to how much damage stuff does anyway.

I recognize the problem; I just think it’s overblown.

And the issue with legendary effects while in kits.

Does Zealot’s Defense change for Guardians using Bolt? Skill effects very rarely change depending on the weapon your equip. Just use Throw Static Shield with Flameseeker.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dharknite.7906

Dharknite.7906

There are runes that will clearly benefit certain armor types more so than others and state so in the name( Rune of the Soldier, etc.) There are runes that benefit specific professions and state so in the name (Rune of Ranger etc.) I do not think that is problem.

I do think it is a problem when they add a new rune that the requires a signet to use the 6pc bonus, and engineer don’t have signets. With the exception of Rune of Soldier(which oddly enough gives the most benefit to soldier classes), runes that have a skill use proc use either heal skills or elite skills which every profession has. An on demand aegis can be a good defensive tool, and depending on cooldown of the proc, OP for players who use mulitple signets already.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

There are runes that will clearly benefit certain armor types more so than others and state so in the name( Rune of the Soldier, etc.) There are runes that benefit specific professions and state so in the name (Rune of Ranger etc.) I do not think that is problem.

I do think it is a problem when they add a new rune that the requires a signet to use the 6pc bonus, and engineer don’t have signets. With the exception of Rune of Soldier(which oddly enough gives the most benefit to soldier classes), runes that have a skill use proc use either heal skills or elite skills which every profession has. An on demand aegis can be a good defensive tool, and depending on cooldown of the proc, OP for players who use mulitple signets already.

Shout runes aren’t the only ones. If you cannot self-stack Might, Might Duration runes are useless to you. It increases the duration of Might that you apply, not those from your allies. The same goes for any boon runes. Rune of the Forge is one of the best runes available in WvW for a FT Engineer. Increased Protection from Protection Injection, increased burning, and an AoE Fire Blast. It’s pretty useless for most others.

The same can be said for a lot of condition duration runes. Would any Guardian grab 2 Runes of the Centaur for +15% Bleed Duration? Of course not. There are a ton of runes in this game that are outright useless for certain classes. For once we’re on the receiving end of it, after already having made excellent use of one of the most recent additions: Rune of Perplexity.

Overblown.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

And not a single one of those rune excludes a class right from the bat.
Obviously if you haven’t got many means of getting protection a rune that increases protection won’t have much use for you.
But the rune they’re introducing works on the only thing that all the other classes have in common: signets.
So, why didn’t they make it work with either gadget of signets, so that any class had a use for one of the new rewards from the fractals?
Cause as right now, that seems to say “don’t even bother doing it if you’re an engineer, no rewards for you here”.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Cause as right now, that seems to say “don’t even bother doing it if you’re an engineer, no rewards for you here”.

You’re right. Because completing Fractals 50+ is solely about getting a new rune set.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

You’re right. Because completing Fractals 50+ is solely about getting a new rune set.

A rune set exclusive to fractals introduced as a new reward that any class can use beside us for no reason at all- they just had to make it trigger with gadgets or elixirs along with signets.
And that could even be soulbound (thus completely useless) if it is treated as any other dungeon rune, but we’ll see about that.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Just because the rune set isn’t relevant to us that doesn’t mean that there’s no reason/reward for Engineers to run Fractals.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Just because the rune set isn’t relevant to us that doesn’t mean that there’s no reason/reward for Engineers to run Fractals.

If this is your exotic drop (soul bound no less) as an engi more than a few times, it will be exceedingly frustrating over time, and potentially discouraging to running fractals. Aside from something like runes excluding classes (any class for that matter) being a bit silly, making content rewards essentially useless to a class seems a bit clumsy and needlessly obtuse.

Additionally, it is compounded by the fact that they appear to have gone out of their way to fix this issue with other drops such as fractal weapons where you will be able to select the skin you want, rather than having a soul bound item you may never use. Moreover, with the devs focused on balance fixes to promote build diversity, why then would you exclude a class, any class, from this design culture.

These design and implementation decisions seem inconsistent (not just with this rune set), but this is something that I think we all, on some level, have come to expect regardless of class. No amount of hubris from the devs or “pro” class players can cover them either.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

Shout runes aren’t the only ones. If you cannot self-stack Might, Might Duration runes are useless to you. It increases the duration of Might that you apply, not those from your allies. The same goes for any boon runes. Rune of the Forge is one of the best runes available in WvW for a FT Engineer. Increased Protection from Protection Injection, increased burning, and an AoE Fire Blast. It’s pretty useless for most others.

The same can be said for a lot of condition duration runes. Would any Guardian grab 2 Runes of the Centaur for +15% Bleed Duration? Of course not. There are a ton of runes in this game that are outright useless for certain classes. For once we’re on the receiving end of it, after already having made excellent use of one of the most recent additions: Rune of Perplexity.

Overblown.

This may be overblown but the reasoning is that there are other runes that a majority of classes(but I don’t think there is any other example of 7 proffessions being able to use a rune or sigil that the 8th couldn’t) can use but it becomes strange and engineers start to feel like the odd person out when every other class can take advantage of the highest tier of this rune other than them…also all classes can stack might by themselves so I’m not sure where you are getting this from with the might duration runes.

Couldn’t is too strong of a word but that all of its functionality wont work for just one profession.

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

in Engineer

Dharknite.7906

Overblown.

1. Every class has the ability via skills or traits to grant themselves might.

2. Classes the can benefit Rune of Forge both protection and burning duration are Eng, Ele ,Ranger ,Guardian and Necro . All classes can benefit from the 6pc fire blast + protection.

3. A Guardian can benefit from Swiftness duration and on heal proc.

4. Every class can benefit from confusion on hit and every class has an interrupt.

Solider runes are the only runes in-game. that have an on ability use proc that not every class can use. Every other an ability use proc is a heal or elite, which every class has. The option for 2 professions to clear one condition using a method that no other classes have, is not really an issue since every class several condition classes. How many classes have an on demand aegis? one. Now every class but engs have that option. That you can compare +% duration anything to on demand aegis is kinda funny imo.

Not overblown, especially when taken in aggregate with the other unique issues that engineers deal with.

edit: I don’t think every class has to every rune set to 100% efficiency, but this is a fairly strong proc to be excluded from.

(edited by Dharknite.7906)

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

just as a point I believe 3 classes have access to shouts (warriors, guardians, and rangers who everyone forgets)

in Engineer

Dharknite.7906

just as a point I believe 3 classes have access to shouts (warriors, guardians, and rangers who everyone forgets)

Lol, you are right, poor Rangers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

funny how everyone forgets the naughty stuff we can do with weapon swap sigils and runes that other classes cant. I run a might stack build based off this example.

I am however not agreeing with engineer’s being left out of the loop, …. again. just thought i would point it out.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Singer.8740)

in Engineer

Dharknite.7906

Not forgotten, just not the same issue. What profession is excluded from using weapon swap sigils, aside from eng and ele at launch? Also weapon swap sigils have icd to prevent engs from do anything really nasty. There is a difference between something being optimal and something being optional. Weapons swap sigils while not optimal for all professions, they are optional for all professions. Tying a rune proc to signet use it not optional for all professions.

(edited by Dharknite.7906)

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

funny how everyone forgets the naughty stuff we can do with weapon swap sigils and runes that other classes cant. I run a might stack build based off this example.

I am however not agreeing with engineer’s being left out of the loop, …. again. just thought i would point it out.

The one funny here is you actually.

You talk as if only Engineer can get the benefit out of the weapon swap sigil, but we all know that all classes can get the good out of it.

Sure, you may say we Engineer can swap the kit freely around at our will, so you may think it’s unfair as other classes have to wait 10s to swap, but that’s just how the class mechanic it is, it has nothing to do with the rune itself.

Also care to expand on the runes that benefit only Engineer on your mind? If you’re thinking Rune of Engineer, “bundle” is not exclusive to kit only, but also stuff like banner and conjure weapon; you may say they don’t benefit that much from that 5% boost as much as kit may has, but whether they are or are not is not the point, the point is that other classes can benefit from this rune too.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

You’re right. What was I thinking? Of course 6/6 Rune of the Centaur is such a popular choice for Guardian builds. Almost as popular as 2/2/2 Hoelbrak/Fire/Strength is for +60% Might Duration on Necromancers.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Dharknite.7906

You’re right. What was I thinking? Of course 6/6 Rune of the Centaur is such a popular choice for Guardian builds. Almost as popular as 2/2/2 Hoelbrak/Fire/Strength is for +60% Might Duration on Necromancers.

You seem to be missing the point. Popularity is irrelevant to the issue at hand. Despite 6/6 Centuar not being popular or optimal a guardian has the option to use 6/6 on heal proc, all classes do. With swiftness on demand readily available, centaur is not an optimal option but it is an option. You continue bring up a % duration inc, when the issue at hand is a on demand proc. The only other proc on ability rune set that is exclusionary is Rune of Soldier, shout cleans condition. Given the fact that all professions have a few ways to cleanse themselves, its not that big of deal.

Aegis is a fairly strong ability and access to it is limited to a few classes under specific conditions. Only one profession in the game can use aegis on demand. The Rune now gives aegis on demand to all professions but one. Swiftness( a fairly accessible buff) on heal via Centaur rune while not optimal for every profession is a option. Aegis (a fairly inaccessble buff) on signet use is not even option for the engineers to persue.

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

So in the end they still added that rune in the new update…either us Engineer’s voices didn’t reach them, or they just simply don’t care and ignored us, pfft.

I really wished that I couldn’t read that line when checking the patch note, because just reading it makes me mad…

Unless in the future they release an equally powerful rune with effect that is absolutely exclusive to Engineer (and I mean really ONLY JUST US), this anger of mine is not going down.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Unless in the future they release an equally powerful rune with effect that is absolutely exclusive to Engineer (and I mean really ONLY JUST US), this anger of mine is not going down.

We already have runes almost exclusive to the engineer. As well, with the med kit, we have a very very exclusive ability to use “on heal” benefits of runes in almost every case at a rate 50% faster then any other profession.

Not to mention they suggested they had runes in the works that would benefit the engineer in ways they will not benefit other professions along with more possibly profession exclusive runes. Perhaps you should have read the dev post on the matter before jumping on the defensive.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Not to mention they suggested they had runes in the works that would benefit the engineer in ways they will not benefit other professions along with more possibly profession exclusive runes. Perhaps you should have read the dev post on the matter before jumping on the defensive.

Can you link us that post, I can’t seem to find it.

TC [CERN]

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

My problem with this new Rune Of No Engineers Allowed is, that it is a reward for newly added end game content, that I am excluded from. Just like all those fancy back slot items being covered by our hobosacks and ascended weapons not affecting our main damage source (kits), it feels like a slap in the face for engis.

And on a side note, no rune is exclusive to the engineer. It’s just more convienient for us to use them, but they work for all classes. And the effect of the Rune of Engineer is not even remotely comparable in power to the Rune of Resistance.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Rune of Engineer is not even remotely comparable in power to the Rune of Resistance.

Rune of the engineer is not exclusive anyway. Summon weapon eles for example can benefit as easily as we do to be honest.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Rune of Engineer is not even remotely comparable in power to the Rune of Resistance.

Rune of the engineer is not exclusive anyway. Summon weapon eles for example can benefit as easily as we do to be honest.

I know that, it’s just that it was used as a justification by a dev…

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

We already have runes almost exclusive to the engineer. As well, with the med kit, we have a very very exclusive ability to use “on heal” benefits of runes in almost every case at a rate 50% faster then any other profession.

That is not exclusive to us Engineer, it is merely more convenient for Engineer who happens to use Med Kit, any other classes or Engi who use Elixir H or Healing Turret can still benefit from it, they still have the option.

But Rune of Resistance is nothing like that, we DO NOT even have an option that every classes have.

As for your second paragraph, I apologize if there is indeed such post, but if you’re not even giving a source, I can’t believe that.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

That is not exclusive to us Engineer, it is merely more convenient for Engineer who happens to use Med Kit, any other classes or Engi who use Elixir H or Healing Turret can still benefit from it, they still have the option.

Wait a minute here, let me get this straight. Your suggesting that something our profession and only our profession can do, is not exclusive to us??

As far as the Rune of Resistance is concerned, they stated it was the first of more runes to come. Because one rune set it attuned to signets is not big deal. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I guarantee you that very few, if any of the posters here will argue in favor of other professions is we get rune set that is triggered by gadgets.

As for your second paragraph, I apologize if there is indeed such post, but if you’re not even giving a source, I can’t believe that.

Your absolutely correct. Because you declared that there are no dev post discussing this, then it must be so.

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

Wait a minute here, let me get this straight. Your suggesting that something our profession and only our profession can do, is not exclusive to us??

As far as the Rune of Resistance is concerned, they stated it was the first of more runes to come. Because one rune set it attuned to signets is not big deal. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I guarantee you that very few, if any of the posters here will argue in favor of other professions is we get rune set that is triggered by gadgets.

Like I said, “Med Kit Engineer” merely has “more convenience” than other classes and Engi who use other 2 heal skill, EVERYONE can benefit from the said rune, thus said rune is NOT exclusive to Engineer.

And again, you said it is the first of more runes to come, source please? And if you don’t mind, please add the source for your previous post as well.

Oh and…“I guarantee you that very few, if any of the posters here will argue in favor of other professions is we get rune set that is triggered by gadgets.”

You sure? You really sure? Imagine Anet put out a rune set that “gives 3s invulnerability when Gadget is used”, you really think other classes will behave and have reaction like what you described? Not only they won’t, they will also just behave like us who are complaining here, that I can assure you.

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

You seem to be missing the point. Popularity is irrelevant to the issue at hand. Despite 6/6 Centuar not being popular or optimal a guardian has the option to use 6/6 on heal proc, all classes do. With swiftness on demand readily available, centaur is not an optimal option but it is an option. You continue bring up a % duration inc, when the issue at hand is a on demand proc. The only other proc on ability rune set that is exclusionary is Rune of Soldier, shout cleans condition. Given the fact that all professions have a few ways to cleanse themselves, its not that big of deal.

Actually, I do think popularity matters. Why argue a position that has no context within the meta? I’m not here to argue with spreadsheets.

And the frame of my input in this conversation is solely that Manuhell claimed that classes have never before been excluded from runes; Runes of the Soldier and condition duration runes certainly exclude if not at least place preference on some classes over others.

It is my personal belief that not every rune set in this game needs to be usable by all 8 classes, because my Guardian sure as hell makes zero use of Perplexity in WvW and I’m not upset by it.

Even if we got this rune set, I wouldn’t use it over Runes of the Forge or Runes of Perplexity. I don’t even plan on taking this rune set for my Guardian or my Warrior, solely because their signets are better used passively than actively.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Remove turrets and add signets.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Oh and…“I guarantee you that very few, if any of the posters here will argue in favor of other professions is we get rune set that is triggered by gadgets.”
You sure? You really sure? Imagine Anet put out a rune set that “gives 3s invulnerability when Gadget is used”, you really think other classes will behave and have reaction like what you described? Not only they won’t, they will also just behave like us who are complaining here, that I can assure you.

My point exactly. You would hypocritically condone such a rune set when it works in your favor.

And which source did you want?
Anthony Ordon’s ?
Mark Katzbach’s ?
Jon Peters ?

Not hard to find, some of the discussions are stickied in other sub forums, and some discussions are in the sub forum with the same update title as today’s update. I know the search function is messed up on the forums here, but it is not rocket science to peek in on the entire forum section named for this update and click on one of the threads with an Anet emblem on it that has the same title as the rune set.

in Engineer

Blizt.3086

My point exactly. You would hypocritically condone such a rune set when it works in your favor.

And which source did you want?
Anthony Ordon’s ?
Mark Katzbach’s ?
Jon Peters ?

Not hard to find, some of the discussions are stickied in other sub forums, and some discussions are in the sub forum with the same update title as today’s update. I know the search function is messed up on the forums here, but it is not rocket science to peek in on the entire forum section named for this update and click on one of the threads with an Anet emblem on it that has the same title as the rune set.

Don’t put words in my mouth, thank you very much.

In the example I used, I only said how the left-out classes would behave and react to that supposed rune set, when the effect is so powerful. I never said that just because I would be on the beneficial end, I won’t have any problem with the posing balance issue.

And I’m sorry, sometimes not everyone has the time to search for everything, even more so when how bad this forum’s search function is. I always had to use Google, which is not the best method most of the time either.

If the dev actually said such posts, I’d imagine more people would also saw them like you, and then more people would show up and tell me that I’m wrong, because dev did say them.

But so far, I only see you, who can’t even give out the source, why should I believe you?