New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

You can’t always get what you want
But if you try sometimes
You just might find.. you get what you need!

So my good friend Lavzz, The Tekno Viking suggested I tried out boon duration runes instead of the ones I used (adventure). So I dropped the old ones, slotted 2x superior runes of the monk (15% boon duration), 2x superior runes of water (15% boon duration) and 2x major runes of water (10% boon duration). That brings me to a total of 90% (elixir) boon duration.
I was testing i this last week (I also tested migth stacking but I didn’t like losing that extra dodge from runes of the adventure and getting nothing defensive in return) and I was quite happy with it and decided to share with you guys.
I lose a bit of initial damage but I get alot more sustained damage and survivability, especially in fights longer than a minute. I ended up some group fights with 3
mins of swiftness, 1+min regen, etc, which is a bit of an overkill.
this build opens up alot of possibilities for switching traits, one that is lingering in my head is to slot protection injection or protective shield.
About the vid itself: everything was shot this week, it’s the usual 1vX, I included a 1v1 against a thief because I out-thiefed him and it’s always funny to watch. The last fight is against some clueless players, I normaly don’t put those in, but I thought seeing that thief go down and up again was hilarious and there was no real way to cut the fight after that.
stats: http://i.imgur.com/iYRlge9.jpg
build: http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.4.6.0.20.0.0.0.0.0.79.87.89.90.102.0.0.0.0.0.0.246.244.252.261.0.0.272.278.281.0.0.0.0.30.10.30.0
gear: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2|a.1h.h5.a.1h.h16|0.0.0.0.0.0|1h.b1h.1h.b1h.1b.71h.1h.71h.1o.71g.1h.71g|2w.0.2u.d13.2w.d14.1h.62.1o.63.2w.d12|0.u64c.a6.u28b.0|2i.7|e
Enjoy !

edit: I realized I included alot of ranger and mesmer fights, this was completely accidental, seems half the vid Im running away from pets and confusion. Also, I’m sorry if anyone had suggested this runes before to me and I ignored it. Might have happened! :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Nice Video man!

I always like when you post them!

The only thing I’m wondering : Is there a reason why you don’t use fast ground targetting?

Don’t stop, need more videos!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

no real reason, just habit.

Thanks

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi Mask,

Cool vid thanks. Which slots have Toughness gear in them?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

I always love your videos ^^. Did you make any other changes to your gear other than the runes or is it still mostly Carrion stats ?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I would love to know what armor stats you use..

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I’m probably going to miss my Dolyak runes, but I do like the idea of 90% boon increase.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

As awesome and amazing as always.

I jumped into this build right away and it definitely ups survivability. Gonna try the protection injection next. Runes and Alchemy give 70% extra duration on boons. My math says a 3 second protection will run to 5 seconds which should mean basically permanent when facing groups that like to disable.

PS – You might check out the PvE gear calculator at http://gw2buildcraft.com. I’ve found it to be quite good and it would probably help with all the “what is your gearing?” questions.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Thorik.6410

Thorik.6410

great build, but could you include what set of Armor and stuff do you use?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Hey Mask, awesome video man! Since I know you really like survivability, I was wondering if you’d actually be better off dropping 5 points out of Firearms for 5 points in inventions to get another heal when you need it and another +5 stacks of might :-)

Looks great man!

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if i had to guess a mix of carrion and Rabid

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Hey Mask, awesome video man! Since I know you really like survivability, I was wondering if you’d actually be better off dropping 5 points out of Firearms for 5 points in inventions to get another heal when you need it and another +5 stacks of might :-)

Looks great man!

that would cripple the build greatly for 1vs several fights as the firearms grandmaster is what makes pistol shots pierce

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Thanks for that link Lanny! Didn’t know about that site! That will be a BIG help for me.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

Maskaganda has some ascended gear. Here’s what I run which does a fair job of getting to the numbers he’s shared in the past using exotics (except for the back piece) .

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2|a.1h.h16.a.1n.h5|0.0.0.0.0.0|1o.71h.1o.71h.1b.71g.1n.b1h.1b.71g.1n.b1h|1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.1h.62.co.63|0.u46c.a6.u26b.0|2i.e|e

(edited by Lanny.6987)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

Looks great man!

that would cripple the build greatly for 1vs several fights as the firearms grandmaster is what makes pistol shots pierce

Tbh unless you facing a zerg piercing shots is crap. Your #1 Pistol skill is AOE, #2 Poison piercing really isn’t that great either because the skill doesn’t always hit in a straight line (currently it doesn’t even do a fan attack), #3 is AOE already, #4 is blowtorch which goes through targets already. Also did you ask the enemy to stack in straight line for you?

So no, it’s pretty worthless compared to getting another heal and +5 stacks of might in a 1 vs several.

In a zerg vs zerg, yes its nice.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Talbin.8305

Talbin.8305

Really enjoyed the vid! Good stuff.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

Tbh unless you facing a zerg piercing shots is crap. Your #1 Pistol skill is AOE, #2 Poison piercing really isn’t that great either because the skill doesn’t always hit in a straight line (currently it doesn’t even do a fan attack), #3 is AOE already, #4 is blowtorch which goes through targets already. Also did you ask the enemy to stack in straight line for you?

So no, it’s pretty worthless compared to getting another heal and +5 stacks of might in a 1 vs several.

In a zerg vs zerg, yes its nice.

Most cases, yes, but did you notice how smartly he used the downed player to ‘line-up’ his shots aiming thru them to the standing player?

Well played Mask, although, when I saw the title, I was hoping you tried something other than P/P and elixirs.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Goloith.6349

……still we have 3 of 4 damage skills that would do just as much damage without the talent point. So +5 stacks of might, plus another heal vs. poison shot hits another target…. lol

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

And people still complain about thieves, huh.

Nice vid, as always. Loved the thiefs and mesmers.
Although I run a completely other setup, I can safely say that protective shield is worth it.
Whenever I switch out my trusted shield for the rifle I swap reinforced shield for protective shield.

Edited because I mixed up the traits.

(edited by Siofra Crumble.2098)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Cool video, and it shows how weak Engineers...

"And people still complain about thieves, huh."
I’m sure, you didnt even seen the REAL thieves.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Hi Mask,
Cool vid thanks. Which slots have Toughness gear in them?

I always love your videos ^^. Did you make any other changes to your gear other than the runes or is it still mostly Carrion stats ?

I would love to know what armor stats you use..

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/engineer/?2|a.1h.h5.a.1h.h16|0.0.0.0.0.0|1h.b1h.1h.b1h.1b.71h.1h.71h.1o.71g.1h.71g|2w.0.2u.d13.2w.d14.1h.62.1o.63.2w.d12|0.u64c.a6.u28b.0|2i.7|e

@ goloith and mighty favazz, you are both right. Piercing bullets is completely useless in some situations and a must in others. Same goes for the extra range on pistol skills.
I don’t record group fights and tower/keep defenses (my pc can’t handle fighting and recording those) and in such situations -and others- having both coated bullets and rifled barrels make a difference which helps close the argument for me.

Cool video, and it shows how weak Engineers…

“And people still complain about thieves, huh.”

I’m sure he has, since he is a pro thief (and engie) too :p

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Cool video, and it shows how weak Engineers…

“And people still complain about thieves, huh.”

What is a thief?
Are those the guys that make up, euh, a huge part of the population that roams around in WvW?
Oh and about the same amount in every single round of hotjoin sPvP?
Those guys? If so, no, sure haven’t seen any. Don’t play one neither.

Anyway, no worries! Nothing our sniper kit and full zerker gear can’t handle!

That was sarcasm. And the first thief comment was a reference to how much people complain about thieves while they are pretty balanced.

Wouldn’t say pro, decent enough to win against you when the planets align, but not pro.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I’m sure not.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: blakjak.9372

blakjak.9372

Great video and build! I always look forward to looking at what you post. Thanks for sharing.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Sherlock.2035

Sherlock.2035

Thought I only had 70% boon duration, but forgot about trait.

(edited by Sherlock.2035)

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Thought I only had 70% boon duration, but forgot about trait.

you can even bring it up to 110% with chocolate omnomberry cream, but I don’t think it’s worth losing w/e other food bonus you are using except for pve. Also, I have no idea if boon duration has some sort of cap. Maybe if they ever add boon duration+precision/power/cd food..

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

Great video and a great guide, I’m considering gearing up to try this out. Out of curiosity, have you considered sigil of strength (30% of 10 second might on crit) over sigil of blood? With all the boon duration this build has going this may help you stack even more might (unless you are hitting 25 stacks all the time anyway).

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Why have you set this video tonot available on mobile devices?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Great video and a great guide, I’m considering gearing up to try this out. Out of curiosity, have you considered sigil of strength (30% of 10 second might on crit) over sigil of blood? With all the boon duration this build has going this may help you stack even more might (unless you are hitting 25 stacks all the time anyway).

I never tried it, it might be something worthwhile. gotta do some tests :p thanks for the suggestion.

Why have you set this video tonot available on mobile devices?

I didn’t, it’s a copyright thing. kitten stones.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Interesting build. A question though. What’s with the weird mismatch of armor and trinkets? Esp the odd-one-out soldier ring there? Were you looking for a sweet-spot number to bump up pow/tough/vit/prec or other stats? Surely there must be an explanation! :o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: Kioso.4819

Kioso.4819

Maskaganda, doesn’t seem anyones brought this up, so I guess I’ll be the one to ask.. Why do you do Major Runes of Water for 10% when you could do Superior Runes of Baelfire for another 15%?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Interesting build. A question though. What’s with the weird mismatch of armor and trinkets? Esp the odd-one-out soldier ring there? Were you looking for a sweet-spot number to bump up pow/tough/vit/prec or other stats? Surely there must be an explanation! :o

Shortly, yes, I was looking for a sweet spot.

Maskaganda, doesn’t seem anyones brought this up, so I guess I’ll be the one to ask.. Why do you do Major Runes of Water for 10% when you could do Superior Runes of Baelfire for another 15%?

wiki says baelfire is power and burn duration; did you mean runes of fire? thats +20% might duration

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Lanny.6987

Note that Superior Rune of Sanctuary would be 15% boon duration based on Minor and Major but for some reason (*cough*bug*cough*) it switches to frozen duration.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Posted by: grimtooth.3146

grimtooth.3146

Im running almost the same Spec, did you change anything slot-wise since you posted this?

New build, new wvw movie

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

no, still running the same and with great results. I thought about sigil of strength as amiable suggested but I ended up deciding it wasn’t worth it.

I’m slacking on recording, I’m also having some fun with my thief whenever I’m grouped but I’ll have some new engie vid with better stuff than this one before the next patch cycle, just because there’s a Clash song I can’t get out of my head :p