[New Elite skill]: A SIGNET !

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Engineer is the only class without (Signet). Now don’t tell me that signets are magical and we are mechanical geniuses because this is a video game and anything can be adapted. A signal can also be a device. How about giving us an ultimate that can work as a signet? This way we can only use one at a time. Here are just a few:

1) Perpetuum Mobile (Signet to increase movement speed)
Passive: 25% movement speed increase
Active: Quickness 3 seconds, Faster endurance regeneration for 10 seconds.
Background: This motor is the dream of many engineers out there, especially those who don’t use Speedy Kits trait or boon duration runes. Endurance regeneration dosen’t stack intensity with this.

2) Antikythera Calculator (Signet to encourage the rifle and P/P builds)
Passive: +10% Rifle range and +10% Pistol fire rate.
Active: Gain Stability, Fury and your next 3 attacks do more damage
Background: In order to follow a certain build players feel forced to use grenades, bombs or other kits even if they don’t enjoy them. This impeccable precision relic will empower dedicated Rifle and Pistol users differently but efficiently.

3) Urn of Phoenix Ashes (signet to encourage FT only users)
Passive: Flamethrower damage increased by 15%. Range increased from 425 to 600
Active: Burn nearby foes, +50% speed for 2 seconds.
Background: The Phoenix represent the speed and force of fire. Activating will consume the orb but it will rise from it’s own ashes. This signet will empower engineers who love the flamethrower and prefer to use it as a main weapon. (other FT skills (2,3,4,5) will not receive a buff so players who use it as secondary a utility skill will not be over powered).

These are my ideas to help promote some disadvantaged play styles. Please help in perfecting or adding ideas to make the engineer indeed a versatile class with each weapon or kit! Sooner or later the devs will hear our calls.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I would never use one of those bad ideas.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Ok but who asked you if you would use them or not? In stead give an opinion on a Signet type-skill for engineer. If you indeed played this class you would know we clearly lack good Elite skills. Only one widely used is supply drop… the rest are not worth even mentioning.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sepahbod.4653

Sepahbod.4653

Yes but think of signets as our gadget. Gadget need a rework as they are anyways and that fits into the game. Gadget can have a passive effect on the utility bar and then an active skill in the toolbelt. Why couldn’t a gadget give off a sciency effect to the magic effect of signets?

I am Tinkerinna and I approve this message.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Yes but think of signets as our gadget. Gadget need a rework as they are anyways and that fits into the game. Gadget can have a passive effect on the utility bar and then an active skill in the toolbelt. Why couldn’t a gadget give off a sciency effect to the magic effect of signets?

I am Tinkerinna and I approve this message.

You are right, this is a great idea. Instead of adding new signets, Arena Net should add passive buffs to the existing gadgets. This is a good point since the gadgets have very limited options compared to the kits.

But in terms of Elite? Should there be an Elite skill that gives passive buffs?

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ok fine, call em signets, call em gadgets. Regardless, I like these ideas because they are elite that actually work into a build, rather than along side. This is how elites should be imo.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Pretty sure the reason we don’t have signets is because all of our utility skills (save elite, but including healing skill) have two active effects. As a proud engineer, I’d say we don’t need passives to compete with other classes because we already get, in effect, four more active abilities than others. Sure, you could argue that elementalists have four buttons too, or that the warrior has adrenaline, but no other class has as much choice in what abilities to pick for those slots.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

in Engineer

Sepahbod.4653

It is an idea anyway some way to fix gadget, we know they suck and Anet has acknowledged this as well.

As for an elite signet, yes our elites need some love too. Maybe not the place for a signet like effect, it’s not a first on my wish list, but I am certainly not against it. Mortar has the capability of being awesome if it had some more range. So many time in WvW where you feel that the mortar falls just an inch (a metaphorical inch) short of being useful

And this gadget signet suggestion would mess anything up give the utility bar version a passive effect and the toolbelt skill an active effect.

It is just suggestions, gadgets can become better with a simple change to what they do, shorter CDs, longer effects, better trait synergy.

in Engineer

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Next time perhaps be abit more constructive then just put out an empty “Oh i wouldnt use it”.
There are no bad ideas, it is an idea from someone trying to help by puttin in their opinion, just like how I am puttin in my opinion towards both you and the OP.

With that out of the way, they aint bad, definatly better then the usuall option in some cases (Supply Crate) which is all people use nowadays, and i honestly think the devs should definatly adress the fact we are more or less forced to take certain skills because the rest is junk.

(edited by JoxerNL.3752)

in Engineer

Sepahbod.4653

All kits and elixirs are fine. Elixirs can easily be switched in and out with little penalty, the gadget are not that great, does anyone use a gadget? A few have a place in rare build or two. Turrets are not there yet, they are more useful than gadget however.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

the gadget are not that great, does anyone use a gadget?

Of course I use gadgets! Many people do depending on the build. Utility Goggles are pretty great, working well with static discharge build.

in Engineer

Sepahbod.4653

Which is why I mentioned that a few of them have a place in a rare build or two.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Which is why I mentioned that a few of them have a place in a rare build or two.

Yes, this is sad but true. It’s obvious the Engineer requires a more work and balancing that all classes combined but A-net has to do it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Next time perhaps be abit more constructive then just put out an empty “Oh i wouldnt use it”.

Why? oO

in Engineer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I’d use the 25% movement increase when it came to dragon battles, since my supply crate is 100% worthless against them anyway.