New engie coming soon (to a theater near you)

in Engineer

Posted by: Junebug.2350

Junebug.2350

I just got a new character slot and I’m stuck between making a norn engineer or an asuran engineer and I thought who better to ask than engie mains and people who understand the class best

- Pros for Asura: super cute, it makes sense because they love diggin’ into the mechanics of things, and you get a golem tank (but do engies need it?).
- Pros for Norn: the female cultural medium armor—a set goal I have, it’d be totally non-conformist and people wouldn’t expect a Ranger-looking engie once I get the aforementioned armor set, and you shapeshift into an awesome animal.

I also plan on making a Ranger in the future so, for instance, if I end up making the engie an Asuran, I’ll make the Ranger a Norn and vice versa. I’m making the engineer first which is why I’m asking but anyone who knows stuff about Rangers can definitely give me tips on which race would be better for it.

(edited by Junebug.2350)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

90% of Engineers are Asura. If you really want to stand out, don’t be.

That said, play whatever you feel most comfortable as. I don’t think the racials really matter.

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

If you plan on using a rifle I say go Norn since the way they hold their rifles looks like how someone would actually hold a rifle while running.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

asuras are the best because their kit packs aren’t oversized like on every other class.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i did female norn, smallest height… lemme tell ya, nothing has bigger guns, predator is so bad kitten . and the cultural armor is kittenty as hell. >_>

edit: hmm… promiscuous. not poopy. stupid filter.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

One of my engies happens to be a female norn with t3 armor. I’ll say its much much better than making some silly asuras

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve gotta chime in with Norn. Especially Norngineer with the “drunk too much at a moot” storyline. Soooo freaking funny, man. And, the Cultural looks plenty good, on a female.
And then, you get an Asura Ranger with most of their pets bigger than they are. Win-win, I’d say.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Asura kits aren’t stupidly big like on others, seriously get a female norn and put on a kit and have it clip into your head, they’re not going to fix it anytime soon either.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Sylvari.

#HOBOSACKS

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

It seems that everybody does either a female Norn or an Asura. Go Char.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Human engineers ftw. I run HGH Rifle with Knight’s gear, it is a very good build if you like power builds. Very tank from physical hits yet very good against conditions which are Knight’s weak point.

Put 10 into Inventions and turn all that Toughness into more Power <3 you will have more Power than Zerk gear, which much more utility.

Attachments: