New engineer dungeon builds post patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

These are all builds I just made up on the assumption that Modified ammunition will still be moved to a master level trait. They are meant for dungeons and being high damage, all of the builds use thumper turret and bomb kits for their synergy in might stacking feel free to switch out whatever skills you want these are just general templates.

High damage grenade and bomb focused
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqiY3zSZF17Iy4DkGYGAGA85hc1WQIA-jwxAY/ASQAJRAJvioxWcLiGruGT5SEVDA-e
(the open slot in firearms is for modified ammunition, forceful explosives could also be switched out for shrapnel)

This build is meant for perma vigor when in combat if you feel you still really need that vigor.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqiY3zSZF1LJyYBgZUfAgoC53nHyVbBhA-jwxAY/ASQAJRAJvioxWcLiGruGT5SEVDA-e
(the open slot in firearms is for modified ammunition) also feel free to move the points in tools to whatever line fits you best

Adrenal implant build for weaning yourself off the extra endurance regen when necessary.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqiY3zSZF17IyoHk2EuZgKAYfeIXtFEC-jwxAY/ASQAJRAJvioxWcLiGruGT5SEVDA-e
(can take 5 points out of tools and move it into firearms for target the weak)

High damage bomb focused build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6Z3ySZF17IxYGk+zgZAYA8RhcbLA-jwxAY/ASQAJRAJvioxWcLiGruGT5SEVDA-e
(feel free to switch the traits in tools, or switch out throw mine for something else[ex elixir gun])

hopefully this helps some of you, if not just discard it. also if you see anything that you believe could be improved on don’t hesitate to point out flaws. (also you could use givers weapons for any of these builds to increase vulnerability stacking ability if you feel you need it.)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I would personally take Steel Packed Powder and Target The Maimed over Enduring Damage if running the Bomb Kit, but I still think 30/30/0/10/0 will be the way to go after today’s patch.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: garythesnail.8475

garythesnail.8475

flamethrower with modified ammunition

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

why do you think flamethrower will be worth it with the update? I understand modified ammunition but that seems that it will apply to everything, and that flamethrower wouldn’t deal as many conditions as grenades or bombs.

in Engineer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

muahahah time to go back to toolbelt mode and make the world cry about enginer critical damage http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQFAUlIqiY3zSyF17IyoHk2EuZgKUffeQfpFEC-jgxAYfACCQyrIasF3ioxqrxUuER1A-e

no seriously i did most of my kill in pvp as toolbelt engy. This one would be for pve because its highly unlikely a player will stand right in the bomb. with this you get to keep both grenade heavy multi hit damage as well as the toolbelt strikers

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

well it appears that modified ammunition wasn’t moved to master tier trait after all so most of those builds can be disregarded.

in Engineer

Posted by: makiface.3286

makiface.3286

I’d use FT in zergs and world bosses when there a lot of conditions flying around. I know grenades are the omgawesome, but I just can’t stand the playstyle. Unless there’s some trick to circle strafing while aiming a grenade, I’ll never enjoy it. I end up just standing there throwing stuff.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gluebag.7845

Gluebag.7845

I know grenades are the omgawesome, but I just can’t stand the playstyle. Unless there’s some trick to circle strafing while aiming a grenade, I’ll never enjoy it. I end up just standing there throwing stuff.

Can’t agree enough. I despise the grenade playstyle and am pretty bummed that it is pretty much universally regarded as the best choice for an engineer.

I really wish they would make stuff like the turrets and alternate kits like FT or EG more viable, but I’m not holding my breath.

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

I would actually say that bombs are the highest damage for engineer, but personally I enjoy grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: makiface.3286

makiface.3286

True, bombs hit like a truck. Dat melee range tho… shudders Suppose it’s not that much worse than FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Can’t agree enough. I despise the grenade playstyle and am pretty bummed that it is pretty much universally regarded as the best choice for an engineer.

30/30/0/10/0 Bomb Kit Engi.

Try it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians