Newer to PVP, what do you think?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cabal.8745

Cabal.8745

So, i’ve been trying out pvp for a while now and i modified some builds i’ve seen on here. So far this one has been doing quite well for me in certain situations. Any advice? Pointers?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelcTpEr9ZxLLseRSaBNq0AqQIyQulPPhA8UA-TJhAwAd3fowJAYcZAAPAAA

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Looks like a fun build! Here’s some thoughts for things you might want to consider:

—You probably want to change your heal skill to healing turret. This will help you survive vs. condition builds and also give you more support via water fields and group healing. Elixir H is honestly only a strong choice if you have several elixir traits.
—You might want to use a pistol off-hand, since your benefit from the firearms trait would double (four skills with reduced cooldown) and you really need a bit more burning in your build.
—You might want to consider using a stunbreaker. It’s your choice as to which utility to replace, and which stunbreaker to use.
—You might want to consider some different sigils. Both of your poison skills are already very long duration, so you don’t really need to increase it. Likewise, you only have one skill that inflicts burning, so that sigil only improves a single skill. There are a lot of really great sigils right now, which is exciting. Battle and Energy are the most popular, but if you want to keep your build unique there are a ton of other great choices: Doom, Geomancy, Hydromancy, Generosity, Leeching, and others are all worth using.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samson.1345

Samson.1345