Niiiiiiiice :D

in Engineer

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

So i play a thief and a mesmer.
Yesterday Ive been making an engi for fun, and actually tried a “HGH” build in pvp.

tl:dr OMMMGGG I LOVE ENGI

So, i was wondering if you guys could give me some advices for leveling up to 80.

thank you in advance

hue

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

sigh

HGH build isn’t the reason to play Engineer. You might want to check the patch notes in a few days before you start leveling a character using a FOTM build.

Oh yea and as far as leveling goes. Bombs or Grenade Kit are both decent for leveling.

(edited by NickDollahZ.5348)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

i actually would like to use a p/p and play wvw only. which is what i usually do

hue

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

p/p grenades and bombs are really good for leveling. The later two may be an acquired taste to a mesmer, but they hit hard during those early levels.

(or do they? I leveled pre-november, so things might have gotten nerfed)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lunatic.9314

Lunatic.9314

Yesterday Ive been making an engi for fun, and actually tried a “HGH” build in pvp.

So, i was wondering if you guys could give me some advices for leveling up to 80.

thank you in advance

Im new to engineer, can someone please tell me what all this HGH build is that i keep on seeing?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hybelkaninen.3087

Hybelkaninen.3087

thank you in advance

Im new to engineer, can someone please tell me what all this HGH build is that i keep on seeing?

HGH is a trait.
HGH gives all elixirs 1 stack of Might…so your build is centered around popping as many elixirs as you can throughout a fight.
Too many can’t live without it, but to me it’s nothing but a ticket to the next AE (Anonymous Engineers) meeting.
It can be powerful, but also brain numbingly boring.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

thank you in advance

HGH is a trait.
HGH gives all elixirs 1 stack of Might…so your build is centered around popping as many elixirs as you can throughout a fight.
Too many can’t live without it, but to me it’s nothing but a ticket to the next AE (Anonymous Engineers) meeting.

So…like alcohol?

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

The HGH build, which has been around since release, is a build that focuses on using Elixirs to build up Might so tht you can retain a certain amount of survivability through gear and not have to spec GC to do comparable damage.

So as long as you chug Elixirs and keep your Might stacks up you will fair pretty well against most other professions. HGH type builds have no burst and few combos, you can get away with just straight spamming if that is what the enemy is also doing, otherwise it is a very reactive type build that requires mitigating and countering opponants attacks while keeping up steady Cond. Pressure.

After the 100Nades quickgib was deleted along with other hybrid multi-kit builds that focused on the use of Kit Refinement. HGH type builds became the new “goto” build for Engineers despite the fact that it was always there. More or less it is so popular now because there isn’t really too much else.

If you are running the tPvP HGH version with Grenades you can expect it to be nerfed in the future because the Devs still believe Grenades are too powerful so they will be nerfed.
If you are running the WvW HGH version with Toolkit you can expect it to be nerfed because they have already said that it will be through some type of change to Might stacks and moreso the nerf to Confusion Dmg which was the builds main counter to getting instagibbed by Thieves and Warriors.
Both those 2 professions will be receiving buffs and specific hard counters to the soon to be nerfed HGH builds through Boon stipping.

So yeah like the OP said

Niiiiiiiiiiice!

(edited by CriSPeH.8512)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

HGH is a bug when combined with that skill in the power line that gives might when you equip the med kit. So you get the runes/sigils and whatnot that give might when you heal and spam potions to get 20 stacks of might going…

….once you have all that might you press #3 with your pistols out, and watch people melt.

In this next patch they nerf confusion damage 50% in wvw, add boon hate skills to various classes, and. if not this one soon, they give thieves the ability to mug your boons,

Yeah.. hgh builds are great.. for another 2 days.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hybelkaninen.3087

Hybelkaninen.3087

thank you in advance

HGH is a trait.

So…like alcohol?

DingDingDing !! ^^

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Engineer is a very different class but also a very useful and strong class. HGH is maybe the best build in the hole game atm.