Mork vom Ork.2598

PVP, WvW or PvE ?

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

There are some very nice no-kit or one-kit turret builds for PvP floating around.

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

S/D rifle sure is a lot more bursty but I bust too fast with it against good thieves.

2 III / 6 IV VI XIII / 0 / 4 IV VI / VI Elixir S+Rocket Jump+Throw Mine full asc zerk
This is the build I’m running with lately, it’s rifle only, no offensive kits. Currently only a good PU mesmer will give me a headache which results in both parting ways. But hey I no longer die.

I love it a lot, it’s great for roaming. Can escape incoming zergs. I won’t say it’s a control build in 1v1, it’s more of a denial build.

Anecdote: I finished making Predator, been sitting in the bag for a week. What bothers me is that rifle only (even S/D specced) just doesn’t do it enough for me in pve. (I main zerk staff ele / dire condi necro and my zerk engie currently). If i go bomb spec it’d ok dps but no point binding a Predator if it’s only for the glow. Playing ele spoiled pve for me I guess.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

lol if you dont like kits, and turrets are teribad, then i guess time to reroll character class.

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Really the only thing you can do is p/p HGH with all elixirs or rifle HGH/SD. Even those tho are stronger with kits. Is there a particular reason you don’t like kits?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

rifle is a utility and burst weapon, not a sustained damage weapon. thats why you almost never see rifle builds without a kit. because if all youre gonna do is drool on 1, its better to do it with bombs or nades for real dps. the auto is useless unless youre chasing some poor fleeing mouthbreather with his heal on cd.

its like a staff ele camping fire attunement and unmapping f1-f4

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I have always considered rifle more of a sustained+CC weapon.

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

rifle is anything but sustained, its auto caps out at like 2/3 of nades, much less bomb autos. thats not good sustained dps. you only use it if you cant be in melee or cant hit nades or have literally no other cds to blow. its good ranged skillless pressure yes, and sometimes thats exactly what you need (like against a good thief trying to kite you without stealthing), but its not good sustained dps.

it is excellent cc, thats part of what i mean by utility. 2 4 5 all fall under that, and 3 5 fall under burst.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Gredge.5719

Gredge.5719

lol if you dont like kits, and turrets are teribad, then i guess time to reroll character class.

Honestly, some of the most fun I had as an Engineer about a year ago was a rifle/alchemist build. It was pretty cheesy, but man did I enjoy it. Loved having my potions and smacking people down left and right with my rifle.

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

True, it is fun. But eventually you want diffrent builds. If you dont like kits, wich is like the main thing our class have to offer.. I think this person will enjoy another class more.

No kits! What? Help!

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

PvE + no kits =/= engineer
PvP there may be some builds out there

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”