No way to self defense when using forge

in Engineer

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

problem right now is there’s no way to self defense, sure you can trait for 3 to get stab so you dont get CC’ed

but brute power build can still reckt you when you are close and in forge mode when they pop immune or blocks

i suggest giving number 2 or something an evade

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Really though if we want to reap the rewards we gotta take the risks, that is the only way we can defend our current powerlevel. To be glassy and selfish. Our defense lies in our damage output, and the combination of arena + spectrum can cover for a lot of our bursts if you really need it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pip Squeak.3418

Pip Squeak.3418

Use defensive traits and utilities. Problem solved. Inventions and Alchemy are a hell of a drug. Elixer S. Spectrum Shield. Photon Wall. Sword/Shield (4 and 5). I don’t know you pick, we have PLENTY of defensive options.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Holosmith is a nuclear bomb.

Scrapper is an M1 Abrahm’s.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeL.8260

MikeL.8260

You have plenty of utilities + the F skills for self defence. Seems more than enough to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Holo is a high risk high reward spec. Lots of dmg and many chances to die himself I’m fine with it. Scrapper should be the tougher one of the two.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

problem right now is there’s no way to self defense, sure you can trait for 3 to get stab so you dont get CC’ed

but brute power build can still reckt you when you are close and in forge mode when they pop immune or blocks

3 provides stability when traited.

The rest is about having such a strong offense that defense isn’t necessary — people will run away from you when you pop your nukes, so use that to create an opening.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

The rest is about having such a strong offense that defense isn’t necessary — people will run away from you when you pop your nukes, so use that to create an opening.

What worries me is that this is exactly the principal behind Reaper. Look what happened to that elite. High damage always gets nerfed. Always. Well, for any class other than ele.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

What worries me is that this is exactly the principal behind Reaper. Look what happened to that elite. High damage always gets nerfed. Always. Well, for any class other than ele.

My hope is that they learned from HoT and aren’t going to make the same mistakes. I think the mechanic behind the heat generation is probably their solution — Reaper gave necros such massive health bars that they were some kind of crazy tank in addition to the damage.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

That is not true by design of Forge Mode being that Forge is more High DPS but High Risk that can endanger the Engineer if they are not cautious while Reaper was High DPS with High HP with essentially no risk to harm the Necro.

Forge Mode compensates with its high DPS with the risk of damaging the Engineer if they don’t take Photonic Blasting Module. It also does not add a extra lay of HP on the Engineer so they are at risk of dying compared to Reaper who has that extra layer of HP to protect themselves from any risk of being killed when entering Reaper Form.

If players want to utilize Forge Mode properly the Engineer player will have to also keep track of their own HP or else they may enter Forge during a low HP only to die before they can use any Forge skills.