(Off)-Tank?

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: Theorick.2713

Theorick.2713

Ok, safe to say I’m not a happy bunny after the nerfs of the last patch, so I have a question for you; “How do you tank Arah paths 1-4?”

Pre-patch for tanking/off-tanking either bosses or npcs I’d pop Blackberry Pie (too stingy for omnom) load FT and go to work. It was hectic, lots of dodging etc etc but it worked and was fun.

Using this method by group of warrior/thief/mes/necro had a challenging but enjoyable time completing p1-3. We were planning to do p4 after the patch; tbh I’ve not played since 26th thanks to the patch.

So, tanking bosses/swarms; how do engies do it now…not warriors, not guards not anyone else; engies.

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Forget about tanking anymore.
It was pretty good with FT+Omnom, but now it is suicidal

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

Infused elixer bombs and might stacking is probably your only real option, but I don’t find it a very useful build tbh. Stay at 1500 and throw grenades instead I guess?

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Infused elixer bombs and might stacking is probably your only real option, but I don’t find it a very useful build tbh. Stay at 1500 and throw grenades instead I guess?

Thread about TANKING!

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: Theorick.2713

Theorick.2713

Forget about tanking anymore.
It was pretty good with FT+Omnom, but now it is suicidal

That’s how I feel, which for me raises questions in regards to anet’s claims that they want to break the trinity and class reliance.

Thread about TANKING!

tbf, my gut feeling is he’s saying that we don’t do tanking anymore.

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

You might want to use the tankCAT build. Just give it a search in the forums.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

(Off)-Tank?

in Engineer

Posted by: Crunkmagnet.3908

Crunkmagnet.3908

You might want to use the tankCAT build. Just give it a search in the forums.

I’m fairly certain the tankcat build is PvP oriented and much less effective in PvE.

If you want to tank here is my tanking build.

I find tank build’s are still not needed but I run this from time to time in pugs as it opens up a little more room for error. The 10 in Fire Arms traits could be moved to another 10 in Tools but I find my self using bombs the majority of the time. Don’t forget that you have a fair amount of utility when using just your pistol/shield as well as a blast finisher.

Skills used: Med Kit/Bomb Kit/Elixer Gun/Elixer R/Supply Crate

Med Kit: If you do not run med kit then you WILL need to use different runes and different food. The primary purpose of this kit is condition removal via food, fury via runes, and fury via medkit5. Most of your healing is from your tool belt skill in addition to EG tool belt regen.

Elixer Gun: If you can not manage the internal cool down on Kit Refinement you WILL want to drop this skill and the trait points placed in tools in place of something else that suits your play style better. In this situation you would also want to replace some of the Clerics gear with Knights gear. I would recommend a lot of practice with EG as the heal and condition removal are very strong. There is a blast finisher here but keep in mind that using it takes you out of melee meaning you are no longer healing your melee so you may need to adjust with super elixer(s).

Bomb Kit: Decent damage + healing + combo fields +CC. This also brings stealth to your party via blast finisher + smoke bomb. Don’t use Big Ol’ Bomb if its going to mess up your groups AoE on trash.

Elixer R: This slot is the most subject to change but I find being able to to toss this to rez and controlling mobs while it gets them up is very strong and allows you to maintain some damage. Another option would be Elixer U for the super speed in conjunction with stealth for a speedy rez.

Supply Crate: Place it where the heals are more accessible/needed. Its more important than the stun considering you could just immobilize or knock back or both with bombs. Don’t forget that it is also a blast finisher though.

Game Play: Dodge liberally for damage reduction + damage + heals. You have perma-vigor AND Elixer R. Bombs do not HAVE to be dropped as damage and can serve the purpose of just healing things(although I wouldn’t recommend it). I carry a second pistol to build up bloodlust stacks as well although this is not shown in the link.

Again, I almost never run this build unless the pug I’m with is just rough. It sounds like it is what you are looking for though.

Enjoy,

-Crunkmagnet

(edited by Crunkmagnet.3908)