On the topic of the starter backpack...

in Engineer

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Please, please tell me there is a way to transmute it somehow to my Engineer? They didn’t tell me that every single crafted “helm” has the looks of the stupid monocle I picked over that sexy backpack…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Make a new character, engineer in your case (make sure to pick the universal toolpack), and head to the nearest with Black-Lion merchants and banks. Find a white back-piece and transmute it with the toolpack to “un-soulbind” it. Put it in the bank and take it out with the desired character you wish to use it on and do whatever you want with it.

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

All backpieces I’ve found are Souldbound on Aquire.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Yeah what pwncakes said might have worked in beta but not anymore. I have been trying to find a way to get that backpack too but seems like there is no other way to acquire it other than that was your choice in beginning.

On a side note I regret choosing the eye patch one since those are craftable but the other two aren’t. I would have rather taken those other silly goggles instead.

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

Yeah what pwncakes said might have worked in beta but not anymore. I have been trying to find a way to get that backpack too but seems like there is no other way to acquire it other than that was your choice in beginning.

On a side note I regret choosing the eye patch one since those are craftable but the other two aren’t. I would have rather taken those other silly goggles instead.

Really? Man that sucks so hard. They should let all those who were suckered into getting the monocle pick another piece then; be it goggles or backpack!

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

I sold my goggles at level 2 by accident, didn’t notice it and logged out.
Now they are gone forever.

in Engineer

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Yup threw it at level 5 when I started the game cuz the “5 defense” was useless

in Engineer

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

It still works, I’ve recently done it to transmute a Vigil armor piece (I picked the wrong faction).

It shouldn’t be a large waste of your time to just make a new character to test it out. It also doesn’t matter which race or class you do it with. The armor itself though does have to be class and race appropriate to be equipped (No cultural armor transmuting, e.g. Transmuting Norn armor to used on a Human).

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

It still works, I’ve recently done it to transmute a Vigil armor piece (I picked the wrong faction).

It shouldn’t be a large waste of your time to just make a new character to test it out. It also doesn’t matter which race or class you do it with. The armor itself though does have to be class and race appropriate to be equipped (No cultural armor transmuting, e.g. Transmuting Norn armor to used on a Human).

Yeah I have tested it out. The thing is I can’t even take out the backpack out of storage with my main when I try. Or even to the transmutation window. Maybe it just works different for starter items than with faction armors

Edit: Oh and where exactly would you find a white backpack piece? I dont think ive ever seen one.

in Engineer

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

You can get one through your personal story line, I think it’s after lvl 26.

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

The problem is that for it to work you need a neutral, non-soulbound piece of whatever armor you’re doing it with.

As far as I know, there are no such back items in the game.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: elyan.5189

elyan.5189

The problem is that for it to work you need a neutral, non-soulbound piece of whatever armor you’re doing it with.

means you can still do this for starter goggles then?

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

means you can still do this for starter goggles then?

Yes.

I created a Noobineer just now and am now rocking the Goggles at least.

EDIT: Sadly they look rather awkward on Charrs…

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Engineer

Posted by: Shivenis.3761

Shivenis.3761

So, is there any way to do it with the backpack?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

Oh wow, I might try it out with goggles then!

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Well anyways thanks for the tip oglaf now I can at least transmute other items in game

in Engineer

Posted by: Gurpsmeister.9068

Gurpsmeister.9068

Yes you can still xmute these items, I did it literally 2 days ago with the backpack. For some reason I had to put the backpack and the white item in the bank as well as the xmute stone. Right click the stone and select use and then put the items in from the bank and it worked fine for me. Outside the bank it wouldn’t let me click the accept button.

ANyhow, my engi now has the eyepiece and backpack. So there you go, just do it out of the bank.

Editing because in the case of the backpack you’ll have to be a high enough lvl char to use an actual back piece. I lvld my newbie engineer to 80 via crafting so just picked up a cheap lvl 80 one off the TP. The principal still works tho, just do it from the bank.

in Engineer

Gurpsmeister.9068

You kidding? Open the TP and type (I think) backbrace, or just back and you’ll see plenty of ‘em. I’ve bought a bunch just to see if any of them had any cool looks (turns out they all look like nothing!)

in Engineer

Posted by: Eidoron.2694

Eidoron.2694

The new back braces were implemented when the monthly event came, instances give special accessories and stuff now

Gurps – I literally tried xmuting the lvl 1 backpack onto a nonsoulbound forest brace like yesterday, it transferred the soulbound status. Right before i typed it I tried fusing it in the bank and it still is bound to the lvl 2 character.

(edited by Eidoron.2694)

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

You kidding? Open the TP and type (I think) backbrace, or just back and you’ll see plenty of ‘em. I’ve bought a bunch just to see if any of them had any cool looks (turns out they all look like nothing!)

I tried with those, it does not work.

They still have Soulbound status on them; Soulbound on Use.

They will become Soulbound when Transmuting.

You need a “clean” back item that does not mention Soulbinding whatsoever.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: elyan.5189

elyan.5189

Yup, spent some stones trying the above methods out.
I can do it on the goggles, but no luck with the backpack.

For those who said you could do it, mind advising what item exactly you purchased from the TP to transmute successfully? I can’t seem to find a “white” back item to do it with.

in Engineer

Posted by: blutstein.2468

blutstein.2468

1. Create Engineer with Backpack
2. Put it into your Bank
3. Delete Charakter from 1.
4. Enjoy ‘clean’ backpack

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Engineer

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

2. Put it into your Bank

This doesn’t work any longer. I tried it only a few days ago and ended up with a Soulbound backpack, even though the original character was deleted.

I also tried to transmute it to a white item (which worked) but it still kept it Soulbound.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shivenis.3761

Shivenis.3761

Same as Lewis, can’t transmute, can’t just delete de new engi

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

2. Put it into your Bank

This doesn’t work any longer. I tried it only a few days ago and ended up with a Soulbound backpack, even though the original character was deleted.

I also tried to transmute it to a white item (which worked) but it still kept it Soulbound.

Where did you get the white backpack?

in Engineer

Oglaf.1074

It all hinges upon the existence of a back item that is totally neutral; not soulbind on acquire nor use.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Make a new character, engineer in your case (make sure to pick the universal toolpack), and head to the nearest with Black-Lion merchants and banks. Find a white back-piece and transmute it with the toolpack to “un-soulbind” it. Put it in the bank and take it out with the desired character you wish to use it on and do whatever you want with it.

This works fine, I did it two days ago with goggles just fine.

Transmuting to white turns it to bind on account, then you transmute it again onto whatever you want.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

This works fine, I did it two days ago with goggles just fine.

Transmuting to white turns it to bind on account, then you transmute it again onto whatever you want.

Yes it works but most of us are talking about the backpack. (This trick doesn’t work on it since theres no clean white backpacks to transmute to)

in Engineer

Gurpsmeister.9068

Yeah, come to think of it I started with the backpack on creation and Xmuted the goggles. Which BTW is pretty much the only solution you’ll have. need to start with the pack plain and simple.