Once u go kit, u don't go back

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I first made an Engineer because I was excited about Turrets. I spent most of my early skill points on collecting Turrets.
The class was kind of boring because they have no secondary and limited choices in weapons.

But while leveling I decided to try out Kits, and wow I never went back. I love kits. I want more kits honestly. More Melee kits if anything.
Maybe a new support healing kit would be a welcome addition as well.

Kits are very fun. I highly suggest them to new players that also took interest with the Engineer and its Turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Yes u do go back if you suck at kits. Like most turret engineers.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

Maybe a new support healing kit would be a welcome addition as well.

The Med kit does that actually. It sucks though and healing turret is way way way way (can’t say it enough) better. More kits may be coming with the expansion, but we don’t know that yet. I wouldn’t count on it as it probably focusses on specializations only and not the base profession..

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Elixir Gun is support kit.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Kits for me are what makes engineer an engineer. I sincerely hope Engineer’s specialization still has kit mechanic, just different maybe. Here’s hoping spec isn’t boring compared to base class.

Yes u do go back if you suck at kits. Like most turret engineers.

OR when your hands tire of constant switching between bomb/nade or you want to go AFK at event area for 5 minutes every 5 minutes and just drop turrets

Reminds me of that one time… but better not to mention it here

(edited by Killyox.3950)

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I tried Kits at various points in leveling. Never liked them. Not because they’re difficult to use, which they really aren’t unless you’re going for some kind of optimal performance build in PvP, but because they made things too easy – I could mash buttons and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, because there’s so many skills that some of them are bound to be off cooldown. It feels spammy to me, being able to chuck so much random crap.

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Playing with 2 to 3 kits in PvP/WvW, being aware of all the cooldowns of your skills, switching from kit to main weapon not through bundle drop but through reclicking the kit-button again in order to NOT interrupt your final nade through, your magnet pull or your fire jet is indeed quite challanging.
But honestly, that for me makes engineer so rewarding!!!
I have a really hard time going back to another class.
We do so good in dungeons, open world events etc. I can’t imagine myself just playing with the dull 13 skills of the warrior and having a healing skill which is passive all the time and not as exciting as our healing-turret-applications.
Yesterday I even replaced a thief in a dungeon:
18 seconds of stealth: Big ol bomb → smoke bomb → explode h- turret, → supply crate ontop and a nice shield blast plus 5 sec of stealth from elix s.
Just loving it…..

…. except the look of kits. But thats another topic

in Engineer

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

Kits are the bee’s knee’s, the Mona Lisa of Utility skills, dare I say the pinnacle of powerful, I do. Running kits always makes me so gruntled (yes its a word, im bring it back) and after you learn them they become amazing powerful. There’s lots of buttons and it can feel a bit spammy but you got to learn all the internal cd’s and combo’s between kits. Sometimes it can feel a bit like playing Mozart on 2 piano’s but when you do it right then your a world class pianist and an awesome engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

Oh yes kits are truly what makes engineers the most diverse professions out there. I play with 4 kits and can never go back- the amount of skills I can use sets me apart and I always end up being the one that is the last one to die in any dungeon.
I tried to go back to turrets, SD, potions, gadgets- I couldn’t. I got fed up of not having enough control, utility, skills, heals and etc.
Kits rule! Fact!

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

I play with 4 kits

You use Medkit over Healing Turret?

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I play with 4 kits

I guess he is playing wvw or pve and with food med kit is not bad (removes condi on healing)

in Engineer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I find it pretty hard to play 3 kits without failing since I alt engineer and didn’t take the time to make it part of my subconscious, although it is a lot of fun even if you don’t do every step optimally for the configuration that you have.

However, kind of wish that elixirs would feel as manysided. Would love to play elixirs thematically, but I just prefer variety. Elixir gun sates some of that I suppose.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Medkit lol. Whoever thought to have a kit with the first 3 skills identical should be fired

One – Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Once you get carpal-tunnel you go back to playing turrets :S

in Engineer

Posted by: Shoyoko.7309

Shoyoko.7309

I play with 4 kits

Medkit is just as good as Healing Turret.
Out of Medkit, I can get 8k instant heal and the recharge for each bandage is every 11 seconds. Also with inertial converter whenever my health goes under 25%, I can heal myself with another 5k heal instantly since bandage self is a tool belt skill.
There is also added bonus of getting fury and speed.
The Medkit is also good to use to trigger might and other boons rooted from traits, sigils and runes such as enhance performance and runes of altruism since you don’t need to use your heal skill to access these bonuses.

Although healing turret is clearly better in terms of condition removal and burst of aoe heal at one time. Depending on how your build is, Medkit can be one kitten healing kit and a viable option.

No two engineers are the same.
Passionate engineer; self-proclaimed kitmaster. <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I’ll give you viable, but healing turret is king of the engi heals, with healing/cd and healing/action.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

kits are love kits are life

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria