Open world and Dungeon PvE. Help needed

in Engineer

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

I’m a returning player. I haven’t played since 2013 and am trying to get back into the game. I came back primarily because of the specializations that came with HoT(namely staff thief, GS Necro, Druid and most importantly Hammer Engineer).

As you’d expect I’m pretty disappointed to learn that Engineer hammer doesn’t fair very weel in Open world and PvE. So I’m trying to put together a build to run that doesn’t involve Grenades or Bombs since I’ve never been a fan of them.

I already have a full berserker set(only exotic) and ascended trinkets/backpack. So I’m trying to put together a build for finishing the world map, HoT and dungeons. My first instinct was Flamethrower for which I put a build together-
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThatY1Vw8KQ7FL3FlYB9D5AYDGhBQ4EGQZGA-TBBXgAPKBD1BAo8rX9HA-e

But then I learnt the traits that buffed FT/EG damage and added toughness for when in FT has been removed. Therefore I’m looking for other possible power builds to run which won’t force me into Grenades or Bombs. (Yay for no more hobosacks though)

Any advise will be appreciated.

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

All their PvE build recommend Grenades/Bombs. I’m trying to put one together without either. Hence I’m here asking for help.

in Engineer

David.5974

Every good engi build need nades/bombs(power or condi). You can change invention trait line for firearms. This build is really good if you do solo content. In team play you will be weaker(but in organized, where is boon share). This build provide perma 7 boons – protection/quickness included. You can try it with berserker gear too , but use +20% food duration.

This is not really not optimal build, but its more better then flamethrower jugernaut. It can help you jump back into game, and improve yourself

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Never ever use the flamethrower build in a group setting. Its great for open world and solo play but that is where it should stay.

You can still smack stuff with a toolkit. Its slightly higher single target dps than the hammer but the 3rd hit only hits one person. Obviously much weaker than bombs but kinda close to grenades.

I hope you dont mind elixir gun cancels.
Alchemy will generally provide more utility, might and cooldown reductions. When you feel that you are running with a decent group feel free to switch it out

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSuY7Ww8KQ7FLTG04HqQEAre2Dp4zOQAA-TxAXgA9q/8oEEQ5HA-e

@David you really want Perfectly Weighted over Recovery Matrix in your build.

in Engineer

David.5974

Yep meaby I forgot change it.