Option for Swap Weapon to exit Photon Forge?

in Engineer

Posted by: Magolith.9412

Magolith.9412

As title says.

It’d be a really nice QoL if swap weapon would exit photo forge like it does with kits.

[WS] Mesmer Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Rising Blade.9206

Rising Blade.9206

Yes please! it’s a pain on having to press all the way to F5 just to get out of photon forge, especially when you’re used to kit swapping.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pants Are Dangerous.2079

Pants Are Dangerous.2079

I was going to expand on this and ask if weapon swap could be used to enter and exit photon forge mode as this would free up F5 tool bet skills making. I miss having F5 tool bet skill while using the sword.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Yep, I was about to ask for it as well, it feels really counter intuitive having to press the Photon Forge skill again when you’ve been using the swap weapon key for 5 years.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

For a comparison, when a Necro goes into shroud, they have to hit the shroud keybind again to get out of it. Weapon swap does not change the Necro back. This is the same basic approach. I think it’s fine as it is.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

With the exception that necro doesn’t have to already click 5 extra buttons as his mechanism…
I think that giving weapon swap to get out Photon Forge Mode would be a great quality life improvment.

in Engineer

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

I was going to expand on this and ask if weapon swap could be used to enter and exit photon forge

That could be ideal for me, but at least be able to go out of Photon forge easy is a great improvement (put the main mechanic on F5 is not really good because is too far when we are supposed to go in and out all time), as engineers we have a lot of buttons, so weapon swap will simplify the use of the mechanic.

(edited by ApaWanka.2698)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I also forgot to say this: F5 works with Static Discharge, so for that build in particular u may want to stick with F5 swap.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’d be a nice QoL change, but I don’t mind if it doesn’t happen. PF technically isn’t a kit or weapon. I think it’s a transformation or something, so it probably doesn’t get the stow weapon button to “drop it” by default.

F5 working with SD is hilarious though. Not complaining, as it’s pretty tough to hit people with untargeted SD procs, but .. still.

in Engineer

Posted by: RedSPINE.7845

RedSPINE.7845

For a comparison, when a Necro goes into shroud, they have to hit the shroud keybind again to get out of it. Weapon swap does not change the Necro back. This is the same basic approach. I think it’s fine as it is.

I don’t think you can compare this two mechanics. On an engineer, the weapon swap button had always been the button you use to go back to your weapons after using a kit. Since necros CAN weapon swap, ofc it would have been a bad idea to implement that on this class. But on an engineer, it make sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

I don’t think you can compare this two mechanics. On an engineer, the weapon swap button had always been the button you use to go back to your weapons after using a kit. Since necros CAN weapon swap, ofc it would have been a bad idea to implement that on this class. But on an engineer, it make sense.

I understand what you’re saying but the forge is not a kit, so I don’t think you can compare the two mechanics.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’m curious what happens if you pick up an environmental weapon (stick, rock, etc) while using PF. I’m guessing it takes you out and bypasses the internal cooldown on kits/deactivation.

in Engineer

Posted by: ApaWanka.2698

ApaWanka.2698

Im agree that PF is not a kit but Situate the main mechanic of the class on F5 in far from ideal.

f5 is good for skills with long CD or situational, but for something that is suposed to be used often, have an alternative is always good a the game play can become more fluid.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Necro doesn’t have the toolbelt as part of it’s main attack functionality. Engineers do. I play both and it’s counter intuitive on a class with toolbelt abilities to not be able to kit swap out of the photon forge.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

it’s not counter-intuitive, it’s just inconvenient.
f1 is the vanilla swap-key for necro, and they have multiple traits interacting direclty with pressing it.
f1-f4 are vanilla bind for us, so its logically, but inconveniently placed on f5.

but we can rebind skills…
just as I have the elite-tb on mouse 4, I will have this swap key conveniently placed next to my thumb as well…

Key-rebinds – they really improve your life as engineer.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I agree with Arantheal: just rebind.

I do personally do not use ANY of the default binds for skills and abilities because none of them were ever very practical for engineer.