Option to create level 80 char.

in Engineer

Posted by: bubusx.9742

bubusx.9742

My opinion is that in current state Engineer as a class is completely uselles and not fun to play, too many abilites and traits that do nothing. We lack focus and direction on what are we supposed to do.
I propose that anet gives us the option to create another class of our choice that is level 80 instead of our engineer that will be deleted as a compensation.

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

i second that

15 characters

in Engineer

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

What? I think you should say the reasons why you feel this way.
Not just “omgz0r this class sobad”

I find engineer amazing.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

agreed. 30% damage reduction to our primary attack is just crazy. Even if they do have a good reason for the change the size of the nerf is just staggering. I cant see how we make up 30% damage with a sigil.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Its apparently more than 30%:

My tooltip damage fully buffed for “Grenade” went from 462 to 301. Very frustrating……..

That’s annoying. If that’s true, its a 35% decrease not 30%.

462-301 = 161
462*.35 = 161.7

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: bubusx.9742

bubusx.9742

What? I think you should say the reasons why you feel this way.
Not just “omgz0r this class sobad”

I find engineer amazing.

I don’t want to sound rude or presumtuous, so please don’t missinterpret me.

I have 350 hrs of platime on my engineer, which I think is enough to get a good insight on how class works or should work.

My statement that most of or skill and traits are useless is based on following.

Turrets: have absolutely no function at all, slow rate of fire or bad damge and they are stationary. I know that anet wanted to create something similar to Ritualist from GW1 but they missed the point. Ritualist had a lot of utility and support. For a list of their skills chack this link: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_ritualist_skills

Elixirs: Althogh they look decent on paper when used they don’t offer anyhing out of the ordinary that other profession can’t do on equal level or better. Lack of party buffs from throwing them and too much random effects.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_U
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_H
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_S

Kits: I get the idea that kits replace secondary weapons and that is why we don’t have a secondary weapon slot, the only advantage they offer is no 10s cooldown on weapons swap in combat. Big issue with kits is that you don’t get weapons stats when you switch to them. Some would say it is not important, but that is untrue, since a singe rifle can have +9% crit. damage, toughnes or something else which you lose on kit swap. Also each time you swap to a kit you lose time for action, which in sPvP or WvW is important, every second counts. They are used mostly for their Utility belt skills which are good. Only exeption to this is Med Kit which is well thought out and balanced. Not going to cover the issues of Flamethrower kit or Grenade nerf, Elixir Gun etc.

Lastly I don’t understand why Engineers have 1000 ranger with rifles and Warriors 1200. For us to have 1200 range we need to invest points in Firearms trait.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifled_Barrels
Pistlos are just mess, they are half normal damage half condition damage, so if you want to use them effectively you have to adapt your whole gear to them, but then again when you switch to kit all that gear is semi usable since most kit sills deal normal damage.

Really can’t cover traits now but numbers like 5% chance to bleed on crit and similar make me laugh.

In short there is no sinergy between our skills and traits.

I hope this answer was enough to explain my previous post.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Its apparently more than 30%:

My tooltip damage fully buffed for “Grenade” went from 462 to 301. Very frustrating……..

That’s annoying. If that’s true, its a 35% decrease not 30%.

462-301 = 161
462*.35 = 161.7

yeah… I was already using Sigil of Bloodlust before yesterdays update so the change merely cut my damage 30% without any benefit.

Also, after the update killing something with grenades did not add a stack of power. I still have to switch back to my pistol/shield to get the effect of the sigil.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Also, after the update killing something with grenades did not add a stack of power. I still have to switch back to my pistol/shield to get the effect of the sigil.

While there is some strange inconsistency concerning stacking sigils (and probably all the other sigils as well), I actually got stacks (precision) by killing something with TK, but I didn’t get stacks, killing those skritts that appear after you blow up one of those giant presents that are dropped into the world.

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

I hope this answer was enough to explain my previous post.

Yes. That was much better. Thank you!

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

shameless bump – i want the option to instant reroll a profession that can actually do at LEAST 1 THING

in Engineer

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Nah.

I won’t give up my engi. It will be ok someday… someday.

Just take a break from gw2 for now.

EU Aurora Glade