P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Manius.5679

Manius.5679

I’ve been jumping between these two scrapper builds for sPvP and was wondering what everyone thought about them. Just recently picked up engi and wasn’t feeling the hammer, really enjoying the P/P with stacked condi. The vit build feels tougher but the toughness build kills quicker. I swapped out inventions for firearms at one point but it didn’t improve damage only lowered my survivability. Was wondering what some of you more experienced individuals thought.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpi9dB2UBEqilKjScZCgwj+tr77O86KmuC-TJRAQBlpMAAeAACc/hOeCAAA

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpi9dB2UBEqilKji+tj78O86KmuScZCgwD-TJRAQBd8BAIo9HITZAAcCAAA

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Build #1 makes no sense, 3 gyros without gyro trait, stability gives might trait with no stability, and Rifle Turret in a condi build,

Probably scrapper the whole build and start from scratch, For P/P Engi start with Healing Turret, Alchemy, and Firearms, and customize your build with the third spec
and utilities

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Does gw2skills have its contents updated to account for the last balance patch changes?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Does gw2skills have its contents updated to account for the last balance patch changes?

Yes

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Eh there’s just all kinds of flaws in that build IMO, the damage is totally kitten and seeing the rifle turret make me cringe.

I’ve generally use this in pvp: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancTBtbhFpCGYBEqiF2iSsjqinA8DLxAgO4H+lH-TJhAQBSsMAAOBAc8BAQo9HAA

It’s not a full condi dps build but I find it a decent compromise. Skills will vary of course depending on what one face, this in particular is heavy on condi cleanse (without using the heal turret cause I hate it).

I’m sure someone else will post meta builds though. I cant be bothered with being that good on engie.

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

my thoughts on p/p scrapper are that you lock yourself into firearms by going condi and it messes up your survivability. but it’s still fun sometimes.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Manius.5679

Eh there’s just all kinds of flaws in that build IMO, the damage is totally kitten and seeing the rifle turret make me cringe.

I’ve generally use this in pvp: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancTBtbhFpCGYBEqiF2iSsjqinA8DLxAgO4H+lH-TJhAQBSsMAAOBAc8BAQo9HAA

It’s not a full condi dps build but I find it a decent compromise. Skills will vary of course depending on what one face, this in particular is heavy on condi cleanse (without using the heal turret cause I hate it).

I’m sure someone else will post meta builds though. I cant be bothered with being that good on engie.

I’m with you, I’m not a fan of the meta builds and I usually do well. I’ve played since launch and avoided engi because I’m not a fan of the kits or turrets. I tried the scrapper builds but wasn’t a fan of the hammer, which is how I came up with the P/P. I’m still usually sitting towards the top but I keep modifying the build trying to get more dmg out of it.

I think I may settle with this. I liked the rifle turret due to the extra damage while I’m kiting, but it probably wasn’t the most effective choice.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpi9dBuoCEqilKji+tj78WcZCgwDs5muOC-TJRZAB+eCA8Y/BAKDk7DAAA

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Manius.5679

my thoughts on p/p scrapper are that you lock yourself into firearms by going condi and it messes up your survivability. but it’s still fun sometimes.

I’ve actually been doing ok. If I get cc’d I rocket boost out of danger. If I get outnumbered I stealth and get out of dodge. I’ve won almost all 1v1 fights (unless I’m against a condition clear build) and can usually hold a point against 2 or 3 long enough for help to get there. But looking for ways to improve.

P/P Scrapper, thoughts?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s okay. It will wreck unskilled players or uncoordinated teams, but if you come up against a group that has a healbot ele, for example, you’re not going to be able to get any damage to stick.

It also can’t hold a point very well, which is a big part of the game mode.

With the rocket boots ammo + trait, you can play it more like thief now, just skipping between points and +1 -ing poor unsuspecting players that wasted their cleanse, not knowing they would have 9 stacks of burn to deal with in a few seconds.

I use Scrapper for Sneak Gyro mostly, because it keeps you alive and can pull off a clutch rez here and there (if your teammates are paying attention and not spamming 1). Firearms/Tools for maximum killing power. It works pretty well. In unranked I often get top kills, 35%+ team damage, and 0-2 deaths per game. Haven’t tried it in ranked yet, but I expect it’ll be worse. Healbot eles are a problem.

(edited by coro.3176)