P/S triple kit

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

Remember those good old days. Its what made me fall in love with engi. So much different moves for so many different situations. Tool kit for cc and defence, elixergun for condi and condi cleanse, and grenades for offence and control.

Now that build feels so weak because you need like 5 trait lines to make it work but we only get 3.

I was wondering if anyone has tryed some variations to get that old engi feeling back. Was thinking something like explosives, firearma and scrapper with travel rune and maybe rabit.

P/p build still works and i definetly play that but its not the same.

I also do play the meta scrapper but i cant for long. I play mostly power rev now cause its just more fun. Scrapper feels like warrior. Not at all like an engi

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Honestly, P, S, and R are just worse for PvP/WvW than Hammer. Rifle, Pistol, and especially Shield were balanced around the old meta where you could actually shoot projectiles at people and expect them to hit.

Just a theory: Rifle/Pistol/Shield were meant as a complement to other kits where you’d switch between them to make up for the individual weapons not being that great. Hammer was meant to be used with Gyros, not kits, so Hammer itself is a better weapon than the other options.

IMO, either the HoT power creep needs to be toned waaaay down, or Rifle/Pistol/Shield need to be brought up to HoT level.

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Przemyslaw.5891

Przemyslaw.5891

Funny thing that weapon (shield) that really needs to be improved was nerfed instead.

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

coro.3176

I wonder if they have stats on what weapons people use in pvp. If they looked, they’d probably see that no one – ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, uses shield in pvp ever. They’d find that pistol sees a small amount of play, and rifle is farther behind that. Maybe.. just maybe this is indicative of a balance/meta problem in the game.

I hate the boring warrior-like hammer playstyle, but I have to admit, it’s just better for pvp right now by a long shot.

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

1st of all do when you do try to look for peoples opinions, do mention what game mode it is for, pve, pvp, wvw? then give some details what you are trying to accomplish ex. raids, open world pve, solo roam, zerging?

Anyway play however you want to play, dont be limited by whats highest dmg or whats meta (unless you are forced to ~ raids n stuff), play to have fun not because its the only build that compares to other classes aka don’t play meta cuz other classes play meta, in order to be balanced…

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I wonder if they have stats on what weapons people use in pvp. If they looked, they’d probably see that no one – ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, uses shield in pvp ever. They’d find that pistol sees a small amount of play, and rifle is farther behind that. Maybe.. just maybe this is indicative of a balance/meta problem in the game.

I hate the boring warrior-like hammer playstyle, but I have to admit, it’s just better for pvp right now by a long shot.

IMHO, the reason Anet introduced Specializations, that are tied to Skills, and reduced the Trait Lines from 5 to 3, was to make their revenue, generating esport sPvP easier to balance. The less people run unique builds, and the more that professions are pigeon-holed in to One Build, the easier it is to balance PvP.

This worked fine when PvP and PvE/WvW were mutually exclusive. But now, those who do not really participate in PvP are left scratching their heads over the changes that Anet continues to make to the Professions.

For example, why did Anet make it impossible for a P/P or P/S Engi use the Gyro’s without taking the Scrapper Trait line?

Shoehorning the Engi into Specializations is harder on our Profession than most any other. We’ve always been the Jack-of-all-Trades, and Master-of-None. No longer.

(edited by Soon.5240)

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Honestly, P, S, and R are just worse for PvP/WvW than Hammer. Rifle, Pistol, and especially Shield were balanced around the old meta where you could actually shoot projectiles at people and expect them to hit.

Just a theory: Rifle/Pistol/Shield were meant as a complement to other kits where you’d switch between them to make up for the individual weapons not being that great. Hammer was meant to be used with Gyros, not kits, so Hammer itself is a better weapon than the other options.

IMO, either the HoT power creep needs to be toned waaaay down, or Rifle/Pistol/Shield need to be brought up to HoT level.

Hmm I disagree with Pistol, Shield or Rifle being the worst in WvW. PvP is understandable yea but not WvW. If you’re playing your Engineer in a small scale havoc group then Pistols or Rifle is awesome (hammer can join in but meh). If you’re playing in a LARGE scale group then Hammer is the way to go but still I don’t do that because Engineers are roamers/scouts. We’re selfish but we will support you when you are in need.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

ampy.1387

Remember those good old days. Its what made me fall in love with engi. So much different moves for so many different situations. Tool kit for cc and defence, elixergun for condi and condi cleanse, and grenades for offence and control.

Now that build feels so weak because you need like 5 trait lines to make it work but we only get 3.

I was wondering if anyone has tryed some variations to get that old engi feeling back. Was thinking something like explosives, firearma and scrapper with travel rune and maybe rabit.

P/p build still works and i definetly play that but its not the same.

I also do play the meta scrapper but i cant for long. I play mostly power rev now cause its just more fun. Scrapper feels like warrior. Not at all like an engi

I agree, the old school days of Pistol/Shield are long gone. I’ve tried with the new trait line system and it just doesn’t work out as it used to. Pistol/Pistol is still great and has been since the beginning of Engineer days xD

The unfortunate thing about being a Core-Engineer these days is that you have to rely on finding something “cheese” to compensate. Right now i’m running a roaming Burngineer build with a bit of a tweak on gear.

Here’s what I currently use for roaming and small scale groups:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBlch1aB2XBEqiF2iaMHHjfE8DLxAgO4H+lH-TRiAQBR7EAAj9HAwDAIRaBCjyPHqSRQUXZQ6AYjSwAAHA7W3AAhAUMHA-e

This is a situational roaming build that I use and the playstyle is at a medium to slow pace but your opening burst should be quick. As far as rotation goes, you have to figure that out depending on the class you are going up against.

You can change out Elixir S for Rocket Boots for the utility skill Rocket Kick which does insane amount of burn damage. I switch to this while chasing someone who is alone. Elixir S is just default for roaming alone and running into more than 1 enemy. This is your “Oh kitten, I gotta reposition” type mobility. You can do the same with Rocket Boots but it’s a waste to use it just for escaping. It’s best used if you are fighting someone solo and a bunch of other enemies swarm you like the dogs they are.

ïryss | Engineer

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

coro.3176

Rifle and Pistol have a place in WvW, but I don’t think they’re better than Hammer. They’re useful for finishing a half-health player that is running away, or bursting someone down, but they aren’t defensive enough to survive any focus. If you’re in a skirmish and 2 or 3 players decide to target you, you must disengage if you’re running rifle/pistol or else you will just die.

A good hammer scrapper can survive 3v1 while still dealing good damage thanks to combo offensive/defensive skills like hammer’s reflect and evade leaps, while not giving up any of the engineer’s defensive or heal skills like elixir gun, toolkit, bulwark gyro, etc.

Rifle and Pistol both require you to be close to deal good damage, but they don’t offer any defense. Hammer does.

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

coro.3176

Rocket Boots is my favourite skill in the game, but it has some glaring flaws:

1. It doesn’t go far enough. – ~a year or so ago, you could give yourself swiftness or superspeed, then use Rocket Boots and go ~1200 range. Maybe more? I can’t remember, but it was enough to cross the gap in HotM.

2. It doesn’t evade anything. Think of all new HoT movement skills from Daredevil, Scrapper, Etc. They all have built-in evades. Rocket Boots doesn’t. It’s worse than dodging sometimes because if you’re under heavy fire, you’ll just get hit with cc mid-rocket boots.

3. It breaks immob, but only in the direction you’re facing. If you get snared by that druid trait (on a ridiculously low cooldown…) and you’re facing into a group of enemies, you can’t use it to break stun because it will launch you into a worse position than you are currently stuck in.

Edit:
4. Torment. You take kittentons of torment damage if you use rocket boots while you have torment

(edited by coro.3176)

P/S triple kit

in Engineer

ampy.1387

Rifle and Pistol have a place in WvW, but I don’t think they’re better than Hammer. They’re useful for finishing a half-health player that is running away, or bursting someone down, but they aren’t defensive enough to survive any focus. If you’re in a skirmish and 2 or 3 players decide to target you, you must disengage if you’re running rifle/pistol or else you will just die.

A good hammer scrapper can survive 3v1 while still dealing good damage thanks to combo offensive/defensive skills like hammer’s reflect and evade leaps, while not giving up any of the engineer’s defensive or heal skills like elixir gun, toolkit, bulwark gyro, etc.

Rifle and Pistol both require you to be close to deal good damage, but they don’t offer any defense. Hammer does.

Understandable and you’re right, we can’t 1v3 with pistol/rifle. Engineer’s weren’t meant to be a 1v3 or more type class. Sure back in the days we were able to 1vX due to how other classes played but that meant having to kite or reset and re-engage. One thing that bothers me is that Anet gave us the Hammer (cool…) but we’re not Warriors, Guards, Thieves, etc. We aren’t meant for melee to an extent. But to each their own and play how you wish. Core-Engineer will always be around and yea Hammer is fun but that’s not an Engineer. Maybe a 1-handed hammer would be nice lol.

ïryss | Engineer