[PVE/DUNGEON BUILD] - Tesla Bomberman

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Hey guys,

In my opinion the “best build” is the one that best suits the player. I thought it’s about time to share my build and get some critics on it. So please help me improve my engineer, which you probably guessed from the title: it uses bombs + static discharge. The engineer can become the Swiss Knife of every party if played correctly. I can’t rate the overall efficiency but I know one thing: It’s fun, It’s risky, it’s crazy and it does insane amounts of damage.

Link to the build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqyU3zSyF17IxoHkuzbGkC9m3PKkbbB-jgxAYrgQFASeFRjtNUENWdNmylIqOIgRB-e

The Items
Armor: I use Exotic Berserker set + Ruby Orbs.
Weapon: Rifle + Sigil of Force

The high Power, Precision and crit damage works very well with the Static Discharge, Rifle and even Bombs. Sure there are great builds that focus conditions but I prefer the direct damage.

Skills: Healing Turret, Rifle Turret, Bomb Kit, Tool Kit, Supply Crate.

Traits:

20 Explosives: III + VII
To improve Bomb radius and Damage and gain +200 power.

20 Firearms: IV + IX
To improve the rifle damage and range so it can easily aggro monsters

30 Tools: II, III, XII
To unlock the Static Discharge, the Speedy Kits because everybody needs a reliable source of swiftness. But I decided to go forward and pick Adrenal Implant. The bombs are the reason I need to stay very close to the monsters and dance around them. Besides faster endurance regeneration I also get a higher critical damage and 30% faster tool-belt skills recharge.

The Gameplay

The principle is simple
1: Shoot the rifle + Static Discharge to aggro the monsters
2: Run dropping the bombs on the monster’s path and enjoy as they explode right beneath their feet.

It’s like playing Bomberman with a very dumb A.I. The damage and bomb radius is quite efficient. Here are a few situations:

Vs 1 monster:
Plant Big’ol Bomb, switch Toolkit, use Magnet to Pull monster. When the monster realizes what the hell is going on, the big bomb will explode launching the monster to the ground. In the mean time switch to Rifle, use Jump Shot on knocked target + Blunderbuss + Overcharged Shot + all the toolbelt skills to release the static discharges. If it’s still breathing, retreat slowly firing the rifle or, if the monster is faster, turn around and run laughing and planting bombs behind you.

Rescuing a downed ally
Most monster are programmed to attack with the highest priority the knocked-down player. So when a party member is down and a crazy mob is hitting him, simply use Magnet pull or Overcharged Shot to knock the kitten down. But if your mate is surrounded by a whole group of monsters eager to finish him off, remember that you have to either res him, lure the monsters so he can res himself or kill a monster that’s attacking him. The attack goes: All the toolbelt skills to release the static discharges that will bounce 3 times each + Jump Shot + Drop Big’ol Bomb + Blunderbuss + Overcharged Shot. If you killed a mob your ally will stand up. If not, the bomb will explode with very high damage giving other players a little time to intervene and res.

Distract the monsters
Although the Rifle Turret’s propose here is mainly the static discharge released by the surprise shot, it can be a good way to lure monsters. The good thing is the whole process does not interfere with the toolbelt skill recharge – so you can simply blow up the turret and continue.

Run Away!
May be shameful but it’s healthy! To run away simply drop a glue bomb on the run, switch to kit and release the box of nails that will add more cripple.

Efficient healing
There are two ways to use the turret: Emergency Heal when you have to heal fast: press 6 twice then Toolbelt 1 to blow the turret. The other one is Preventive healing: Place the turret outside of combat zone since the area effect radius is big enough and only activate overcharge when you see conditions are applied to you or your teammates.
PS: If you use P/S and want to know more about blast finishers, Koroshi’s video is pretty good!

Conclusion
I use this build only to combine fun and efficiency in the dungeons and PVE maps. I haven’t tried it in PVP or WvW since I already have other builds I prefer in those situations. Ofcourse there are many more skills to talk about but I only wanted to write the big picture. Any advice is most welcome. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks for enduring this whole train of text

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I tried variations of this and it does work well on regular mobs, bosses however seem to be immune to everything CC. See Kaabooses posts about that.

There’s also a problem with these bolts going off in weird directions when using anything that does an AOE or nontarget attack (like throwin a potion, putting down a bob or mine field, using a regen toolbelt skill) so there’s not much one can use with this.

Haven’t used it since months ago because BoB kept missing and the explosive radius problem was present at that time.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

kitten your ping must be good, all this would do with my 400 ping would get me killed..

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

kitten your ping must be good, all this would do with my 400 ping would get me killed..

Yeah, I think a berserker close combat + a bad ping is not a good combination.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

I tried variations of this and it does work well on regular mobs, bosses however seem to be immune to everything CC. See Kaabooses posts about that.

If things get messy and some bosses keep hitting AOE right around them, I can sustain a decent damage with the rifle + Static Discharge skills.

I
There’s also a problem with these bolts going off in weird directions when using anything that does an AOE or nontarget attack (like throwin a potion, putting down a bob or mine field, using a regen toolbelt skill) so there’s not much one can use with this.

Haven’t used it since months ago because BoB kept missing and the explosive radius problem was present at that time.

This turned out well once I learned the trick. The bolts from BOB and Cleansing Burst will hit if you are near the enemy. It’s still worth it since the bomb build is based on close combat.