[PVE]FT-Scrapper build: Jugger/HGH/Adaptive

in Engineer

Posted by: Szeraf.5781

Szeraf.5781

Hey Guys!

Tanky close range, in the action play-style. Power based build stacking knight/cavalier armor for toughness! I balance out 50% crit chance cause I feel its more then enough to apply crit chance effects thanks to FT #1. Above 50% crit I switched out the rest of the precision to Ferocity.
For aoe use FT, for single target hop between GH and FT. Elixirs are there for buffing yourself and the party! Its fun to keep up every boon almost all the time. If you find yourself in a party with lots of boons drop Elixir B and get Rocket Boots, and also change Pinpoint Distribution to No Scope in firearms. Elixir S for MIGHT AND Damage reduction or Field.

Toolbelt:
-Toss Elixir H – Heal and buff others
-Toss Elixir U – gamble between reflect wall and smoke screen (Can be useful at times)
-Incindery Ammo – Use it with GH to keep up the 7% damage bonus from Rune
-Toss Elixir B or Rocket Kick – Again either a buff (5 stack of stability) or something to do dmg and keep up the Rune buff
-MOA FUN

Here is the link to my future PVEbuild!
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlcThyrYtWw6KQ+FL3FF4C+gBA9qH7zuYB1D5AA-ThiAABX8AAYUHwXKPA4CAkmSwQVVAMlY6s/wKaI2UtmAAHA/+bA48zP/8zPvf/93f/93SB41QL-e

Opinions? Tweaks?

Optimized version so far:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlcThyrYtWw6KQ7FL3FF9qH7zO4C+gBgYB1D5AA-ThCEABJ8AA8THQUKP2SJ4kqKIlSMW2foDNEAcBAaUtmAAHA/+bA48zP/8zPvf/93f/93SB41QL-e

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Engineer

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

your raw defense is overkill unless you want to attract the attention of most enemies in PvE. I can see this being fun in open world, but I would not take it into instanced content.

Opinion aside, I would swap Adaptive Armor for Perfectly Weighted for more passive might stacking and replace Elixir X with Mortar so you can have a ranged option if you need it. With all the aggro from your toughness, the Flash Shell and Elixir Shell would be very strong support skills allowing you to face tank more effectively than the long CD on the toss skill of Elixir X.

You may also want to change the rune to Strength since you will be focusing on might stacking for damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Quite similar to my build. (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBtoiVXB2aBkfhl7iie1j9ZHcBfwAQsg+hcA-TxRBABG/AAqU9Ha2fILlfnpEEgLAQe6ACAcA87vBgzP/8zP/8+93f/93fLFwFDtA-e) I opted for the blast gyro over one of the elixirs, for the super speed and the unblockable AoE launch. I took soldiers because it synergies with the sharpening stone for more power, and survivability. I opted for backpack regenerator for some more sustain.

Variants(for my build):
-You could swap out elixir B for U if you wanted projectile defense and quickness, but I prefer B for the stability in the tool belt, and lots of boons
-Obviously, if you’re running dungeons, swap the sigils and tuning crystal for the appropriate item of x-slaying
-You could opt for the plate of Orrian steak fires for extra vitality.
-If you wanted more boon duration, opt for the bountiful sharpening stone. But that comes at the cost of about 100 power.

in Engineer

Szeraf.5781

Quite similar to my build. (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBtoiVXB2aBkfhl7iie1j9ZHcBfwAQsg+hcA-TxRBABG/AAqU9Ha2fILlfnpEEgLAQe6ACAcA87vBgzP/8zP/8+93f/93fLFwFDtA-e) I opted for the blast gyro over one of the elixirs, for the super speed and the unblockable AoE launch. I took soldiers because it synergies with the sharpening stone for more power, and survivability. I opted for backpack regenerator for some more sustain.

Variants(for my build):
-You could swap out elixir B for U if you wanted projectile defense and quickness, but I prefer B for the stability in the tool belt, and lots of boons
-Obviously, if you’re running dungeons, swap the sigils and tuning crystal for the appropriate item of x-slaying
-If you wanted more boon duration, opt for the bountiful sharpening stone. But that comes at the cost of about 100 power.

I don`t like the vitality as a stat, cause If I can recall correctly the healing won`t scale with the healing amount. But heck everyone has its own taste
The gyro will only give those boons if you revive an ally in Pve so Im not hoping for that alot! Your build looks cool too great job mate!
My only concern is the move speed as it`ll be a slow as hell build

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Engineer

Szeraf.5781

your raw defense is overkill unless you want to attract the attention of most enemies in PvE. I can see this being fun in open world, but I would not take it into instanced content.

Opinion aside, I would swap Adaptive Armor for Perfectly Weighted for more passive might stacking and replace Elixir X with Mortar so you can have a ranged option if you need it. With all the aggro from your toughness, the Flash Shell and Elixir Shell would be very strong support skills allowing you to face tank more effectively than the long CD on the toss skill of Elixir X.

You may also want to change the rune to Strength since you will be focusing on might stacking for damage.

Real thanks for the advice! I missed the mortar Elixir! As on the overkill, yeah I guess but I`ll modify the boon comp when I see my party composition I don`t really like strenght runes cause they are overpriced and don`t offer that much upon Flame legion, also I`m at 25 might easily already and this will only go up with Scrapper traits that give might on stability. I gave myself boon % duration buff so I can keep it up when I switch to hammer but the number 1# also gives might Perfectly Weighted seems fun on stuff for mobs without condi, we`ll see! My only concern is the move speed as it`ll be a slow as hell build

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Engineer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Variants(for my build):

I don`t like the vitality as a stat, cause If I can recall correctly the healing won`t scale with the healing amount. But heck everyone has its own taste
The gyro will only give those boons if you revive an ally in Pve so Im not hoping for that alot! Your build looks cool too great job mate!
My only concern is the move speed as it`ll be a slow as hell build

You’ll get periodic swiftness from HAE, and I suppose you could switch recovery matrix for shocking speed. But, it was meant to be more of a tanky build than a speed build. Hopefully in dungeons, you’ll have someone else who will be applying swiftness.