Patch day soon

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Here be another patch day soon.

Should we pessimistic for more nerfs? I feel engineer is finally in a good place right now, so it would break my heart if we were nerfed again…

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Anet has a history of screwing us over so don’t hold your breath. They’ll probably conclude that Grenades and Static Rifle builds are too good and nerf them accordingly. Better prepare a new build.

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I figured it would just be adding the new Living Story content, and maybe a few bug fixes. Not every patch has balance changes.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

For the love of Grenth, they better not touch Rocket Boots.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

don’t expect anything except some bug fixes and very small tweaks, it’s a content patch.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

If static discharge is nerfed it is ANET’s way of saying to engies: “you can’t has burst.”

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think this patch will be mostly content. Bug fixes. Maybe minor tweaks to things that were changed last patch.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I wouldn’t expect a ton of balance changes for our profession. Necro will prob get some toning down, Warrior might get the sustain buffs they discussed on star of the game – but there were no Engi changes mentioned when Engi discussed – oh except they may revert the cast time on Elixir R.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

oh except they may revert the cast time on Elixir R.

As in, making it instantaneous?

I would love that. Would make it much more viable in PvP.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Unfortunately I foresee a rocket boot nerf in the near future from what was said in the latest state of the game… by the moderator… who mains an Eng… >.<

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Because Rocket Boots are now after 1 year a little bit useful? I mean you can jump from A to B with that. Nothing else. The damage is not OP, the toss is not OP. It does not break stun anymore.

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Because Rocket Boots are now after 1 year a little bit useful? I mean you can jump from A to B with that. Nothing else. The damage is not OP, the toss is not OP. It does not break stun anymore.

It’s probably something to do with the Super Jump ‘trick’ that can let you go absurd distances.

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Unfortunately I foresee a rocket boot nerf in the near future from what was said in the latest state of the game… by the moderator… who mains an Eng… >.<

The dev and by that I mean Jonathan Sharp said nothing about it except engineer needed an escape. And the real question is why would it be nerfed? Silly engineers not used to having a little mobility. Trust me play thief or warrior and you’ll see nothing wrong with the current Rocket Boots.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I think you misunderstand.

If there was a nerf, it would be on Slick Shoes’ toolbelt skill, Super Speed. Not Rocket Boots. There is nothing inherently overpowered about Rocket Boots. Warriors would be able to do the same with Savage Leap if they had a double speed skill (though I think it’s actually +50%).

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

I think if they were going to “fix” super speed + rocket boots, they would have slipped it in a fixpatch immediately. That’s just me though.

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

At first when I was using super speed + rocket boots I was like “whoah this combo is too good! no doubt its gonna be nerfed soon!”. Then after using those two after many times together in wvw when chasing someone or running from zerg I came to the realization…even with those skills, other classes can still get away or catch up to you. Even though last patch made us speedier, its nowhere near a godly speed; still slower than warriors who spam leap closers and thieves, but faster than necros and guards. I would be seriously disappointed if it got nerfed somehow.

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yep, I play a warrior alt and compare greatsword Rush and Mobile Strike to Rocket Boots. No way that Rocket Boots with Super speed is OP. Range on both is about the same.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I think you misunderstand.

If there was a nerf, it would be on Slick Shoes’ toolbelt skill, Super Speed. Not Rocket Boots. There is nothing inherently overpowered about Rocket Boots. Warriors would be able to do the same with Savage Leap if they had a double speed skill (though I think it’s actually +50%).

I could be wrong and he could have been talking about slick shoes… but iirc Grouch said something about rocket boots being ride the lightning on sterriods… brb going to go see if I can find that part again…

[Edit]

@ aprox 1h10mins in… “It’s like ride the lightning on ’roids”

Sharp didn’t really seem to indicate a nerf would be coming to it with his responce though, so nvm… it was just that phrasing of it that made me a bit >.> though lol

Personally I don’t use it (although it is very fun) and don’t have a problem when an eng uses it against me when I’m on another class.

Hopefully we’ll see a change in cast time on Elixer R though ^^

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

It will swing back in 2 weeks though…

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Dodged nerf bat, but no turret fixes either :/

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…A damage skill fact on Detonate Turret skills? Ten months into the game?

Why the kitten has this taken so long?

Edit:

And it’s not even implemented properly. The Healing Turret doesn’t get the damage fact, despite being just as capable of dealing said damage. Good freakin’ job.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

Patch day soon

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Darn it! My turret build in sPVP is crap until they get fixed.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.