Perma Swift Engi Build?

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I’ve heard this mentioned but never explained.

Please do..

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mehknic.2904

Mehknic.2904

10 points into the Tools line is a trait named Speedy Kits. If you get that and have any kit, you can trigger the kit every five seconds to have permanent swiftness.

The most common usage is with the Med Kit, because it doesn’t have a cooldown and it also has a bottle that grants swiftness, making it possible to actually have your swiftness duration increase as long as you’re spamming the kit and bottle.

[Malum Factum] – Yak’s Bend – www.malumfactum.com
Mehknic || Engineer
Merknerk || Guardian

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Gav.1425

That is awesome. Thanks!

Know any perma swift mesmer builds?

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

Mesmers cannot achieve perma-swiftness without someone else giving it to them. The best they can do is 5 seconds of temporal curtain every 25 seconds with an additional 5 seconds at complete random from having signet of inspiration active.

Mesmer’s tend to be slow explorers and solo runners unfortunately, though they can gain +5% running away speed for each active illusion with a trait.

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nasir.2195

Nasir.2195

There’s also Infused Precision from the Firearms tree. 50% on crit and you can couple that with Invigorating speed from the alchemy tree for perma vigor too. Kiting+Knock backs.

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Mesmers cannot achieve perma-swiftness without someone else giving it to them. The best they can do is 5 seconds of temporal curtain every 25 seconds with an additional 5 seconds at complete random from having signet of inspiration active.

Mesmer’s tend to be slow explorers and solo runners unfortunately, though they can gain +5% running away speed for each active illusion with a trait.

Well with runes they can

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Also possible to use this Rune with Med kit:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Centaur

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Gav.1425

Why use a +20% swiftness 4th bonus rune when you can use two +15% buff duration 2nd bonus runes (Water and Monk)?

Am I missing something?

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Also possible to use this Rune with Med kit:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Centaur

I use this rune. AoE perma-switfness sure is nice when moving around in PvE/WvW. And it works underwater too.

Why use a +20% swiftness 4th bonus rune when you can use two +15% buff duration 2nd bonus runes (Water and Monk)?

Am I missing something?

As far as I am concerned, the point is to use the 6th bonus.

I like this job. I like it !

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

Well with runes they can

…I forgot about centaur runes. Shame on me. ~_~;

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

… You don’t need any traits or any build to have perma-Swiftness as an engineer. Medkit Drop Stimulant for 10s Swiftness every 20, and elixir B for an additional 10.

That’s without Elixir H and Toss B, too. Speedy Kits is a waste of a major, imo.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

… You don’t need any traits or any build to have perma-Swiftness as an engineer. Medkit Drop Stimulant for 10s Swiftness every 20, and elixir B for an additional 10.

That’s without Elixir H and Toss B, too. Speedy Kits is a waste of a major, imo.

Medkit is really only good for dungeons and certain situations elixir h is better for solo but this depends on the build also

(edited by RoRo.8270)

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Medkit is really only good for dungeons and certain situations elixir h is better for solo but this depends on the build also

Elixir H and Healing Turret are pretty awesome, but the medkit can give you fury as you go into combat and provides an extra condition cure.

Also, switching to Medkit counts as “using a heal skill” for the Performance Enhancement trait (I don’t think you even need kit enhancement for this to be true). If you take that trait, MedKit is a crazy-awesome way to stack might, limited only by a modest internal cooldown. A 20/30/0/20/0 or 20/30/0/10/10 build can be really interesting flamethrower vanguard build. It will be even more interesting on the wintersday patch when weapon sigils can affect flamethrower. Screw FT+Air, I want FT+Ice. AoE chill on crit with juggernaught. Mix in a net turret and rifle for extra immobilizes and you’ll have an incredible control build with decent AoE damage on a build that’s pretty easy to itemize for tankiness.

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Reinzshlek.6541

Reinzshlek.6541

First, stacking those 2 elixirs is a waste of utility in sPvP. Using the one trait frees up your utilities for something more useful to your play style. If elixirs is your playstyle, then disregard the previous.

Second, the medkit is very useful in sPvP and tPvP especially if you are guarding a point. You can have up to six bandages, 2 antidotes and 2 stimulants dropped and ready for use when someone comes to your point. Having those dropped and ready to go can be a fight changing advantage. +6k health, a double stack of swift and fury and condition removal at the start of a fight. very useful. Also, the tool belt heal has the same CD as the turret and even less if you have points put into the tools trait line. 30 pts in tools = 4 1/2 sec cd reduction on the med kit tool belt heal.

This POV is coming for a pvp stand point. Whatever it is that you do, keep in mind that the Engi is a very complex class, one of the top two in regards to the learning curve so to each his own in regards to play style :-).

Engineer-Power Wheels
Warrior- Bazinga Brute
“It’s just a game, play it your way and have fun :-) "

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

10 points into the Tools line is a trait named Speedy Kits. If you get that and have any kit, you can trigger the kit every five seconds to have permanent swiftness.

The most common usage is with the Med Kit, because it doesn’t have a cooldown and it also has a bottle that grants swiftness, making it possible to actually have your swiftness duration increase as long as you’re spamming the kit and bottle.

It’s a bit more then that actually.

I switch (when i have long run to do) to Speedy Kits and Leg mods in my Tools line because it increases my speed noticably when I’m using the Med Kit. Also some people like to add the Invigorating Speed trait from the Alchemy Line to give almost a permadodge effect by having lots more dodges. Never used this in pve.

I tried stacking it with the trait Power Shoes but it doesn’t look like i get a speed boost from that to stack with these other two.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Am I missing something?

In addition to the +20% swiftness duration, the sixth centaur rune gives area swiftness for 10 seconds when you use a heal skill. So, using six centaur runes and the med kit would be perma-swiftness, even without any other traits or + boon duration.

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Just as a disclaimer: I never said anywhere you had use Medkit while in combat. It takes but a second to switch back to whatever heal skill you need prior to combat, as Drop Stimulant does not trigger the heal skill cooldown.

Point is, any engineer can have perma-swiftness for as long as they want, before entering a fight. (And some after, depending on build).

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Am I missing something?

In addition to the +20% swiftness duration, the sixth centaur rune gives area swiftness for 10 seconds when you use a heal skill. So, using six centaur runes and the med kit would be perma-swiftness, even without any other traits or + boon duration.

It’s even better than that, because of the way “heal skill” is counted for engineers wearing the medkit. Honestly, its probably a bug the way it currently works.

Perma Swift Engi Build?

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Unfortunately the cooldown is wrong on the tooltip. It is actually 15 seconds, not 10. Investing 30 points in alchemy is the way to go to achieve true perma-swiftness with runes of the Centaur. I usually run with 20, so I get a 1 second downtime for 14 seconds of swiftness. Medkit 5 skill can be used to bridge the gap when playing solo, but is inadequate when you are boosting a group.

I like this job. I like it !