Perplexity or Melandru

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

Hello,

I’m looking to get a good rune-set for my condi engineer.
30/0/0/30/10
Full Rabid

I read that perplexity runes are really good if you use bomb kit and shield, which I am using Sadly, I find myself not having enough condition cleanse with only healing turrent and was thinking of using Melandru to get less condition duration.

Both rune-set are hell expensive so I want to be sure I don’t missbuy, currently I have Runes of Undead.

Kind Regards

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Dont use melandru, use antitoxin if you want the -condi duration

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

Can you explain why? Melandru has more -12% vs -15% condi duration. Am I missing something?

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Bombs (IIRC) scale better from Condition Dmg. than from Power. Thus, it’d then be more workable to run Antitoxin > Melandru, in that case. Not to mention, Antitoxin is loads cheaper than Melandru, at least back when I bought my set.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

I have to mention I also don’t run a stun breaker. I rely on healing turret for condition cleansing, but I cant use it when I’m stunned.

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Can you explain why? Melandru has more -12% vs -15% condi duration. Am I missing something?

Melandru has -25%, Antitoxin has -24%.

It’s a 1% difference, and you gain might on poison/torment and +condi damage when you run Antitoxin.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

Yeah, woops, I’m dumb
I’m either running self-regulating defense (stun breaker) or protection injection in traits and I love the rocket boots, but I’m willing to change it to Elixir S for the stun breaker.

The thing is I;m so in love with rocket boots, since it give you a nice leap and escape with smoke bombs, that I don;t really want to give up. Hence the reason why I was thinking of going -stun duration from melandru.

Does stun also counts as condi?

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

melandru is for if you dont wanna run a stunbreak

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Perplexity or Melandru

in Engineer

Posted by: derezer.7461

derezer.7461

Stun is actually a control effect, and is not affected by condition removal or condition duration reduction. It’s counter is stability. Melandru runes have stun duration reduction as well as conditions duration reduction, making them an excellent defensive rune set.

The Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root (-40% stun duration, 70 toughness) can help with stuns, but giving up condi duration food on a condi build really hurts.

I have Runes of Perplexity, and consider them overrated. If you can find a way to deal with your condition problem without using Melandru runes, the Undead runes you are using are a good and very inexpensive set. Balthazar runes for more fire duration at a reasonable price are also something to look at.