Pessimistic Engineer

Pessimistic Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Monsterboy.2490

Monsterboy.2490

Alright, I like playing engineer, and I am not going to talk about if it’s too powerful, too weak, or just fine. What I am going to talk about is how pessimistic my engineer is, especially when dealing with smaller enemies (asursa, wolves, armadillos, things that go up to a charr’s knee).
My engineer focuses on switching from kit to kit, from rifle to grenade, flamethrower, and elixir gun, to effectively be able to use 20 basic abilities at once, (plus an elixir h and an elite), and whenever I use the flamethrower, air blast, fumigate, blunderbuss, or magnum shot (of which I really need to hit, otherwise I’m screwed because I don’t have a condition on them and can’t get them far away from me) He just shoots to the ground, missing the little devil completely, even though he shouldn’t… since he/she/it is right there, nibbling at my ankles.
Am I the only one that finds his engineer just shooting the ground and missing shots?

Pessimistic Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

I think the majority of Engineers are rather pessimistic at this point. I’m not even sure if we’re excited for the January patch seeing as how the last two big patches have been unjustified nerfs, broken promises and an extremely obvious lack of direction.

On topic, it’s just another bug that comes with the Flamethrower. There’s not much you can do except hope ANet gets off their butts and attempts to fix the Engineer bugs.

Pessimistic Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Monsterboy.2490

Monsterboy.2490

Yes, But it does it for other things other than flamethrower, Specifically, blunderbuss.
For some reason, If I get too close to a tiny creature, I miss with blunderbuss, even though the exact opposite should happen…
Actually, it looks like it’s any ability that shoots in a cone, like air blast, and since my Charr is bigger than everything, and it refuses to aim at the small monster instead of it’s general direction, it just misses.

Pessimistic Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Alright, I like playing engineer, and I am not going to talk about if it’s too powerful, too weak, or just fine. What I am going to talk about is how pessimistic my engineer is, especially when dealing with smaller enemies (asursa, wolves, armadillos, things that go up to a charr’s knee).
My engineer focuses on switching from kit to kit, from rifle to grenade, flamethrower, and elixir gun, to effectively be able to use 20 basic abilities at once, (plus an elixir h and an elite), and whenever I use the flamethrower, air blast, fumigate, blunderbuss, or magnum shot (of which I really need to hit, otherwise I’m screwed because I don’t have a condition on them and can’t get them far away from me) He just shoots to the ground, missing the little devil completely, even though he shouldn’t… since he/she/it is right there, nibbling at my ankles.
Am I the only one that finds his engineer just shooting the ground and missing shots?

Not at all. mine does this with discharge when using pots or the cones from FT/EG.

Long list of broken land abilities. No 1 shots. No 3 shots. Our weapons of war are a joke. Charr would have never have won anything in this state.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Pessimistic Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I actually haven’t even played GW2 in four weeks and was just checking back in to read about how my class is faring. Now I know… Same as it ever was. Hang in there engineers. I’ll see you in another four weeks if I haven’t found a new game by then. How’s that for pessimism?