Photon Forge Solution

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Now as we all know, PF packs a ton of damage and as we saw, people aren’t happy with it but we wouldn’t want it to be nerfed.
The solution is to keep the damage but instead heat generation per second should be increased and reduce “deactivate PF” CD to compensate.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

I don’t know why they are crying… You can’t be perma in PF. PF offers no def skill (meaby corona burst for stability and 5th skill for cc) but theese are not true def skills. Our utilities is… Not so OP. I try 1v1 against hot spec. DH beat me 50/50 if I loose presure he won. Chrono has no chance – as like against scrapper. Scrapper beat me. Other classes are in similiar trouble like against scrapper. So I dont think that they will nerf holo. And if so, then they must buff pur defense. How they will do it? Buffing alchemy or invention mean heavy bunker scrapper. And holosmith traits seems to be balanced pretty well.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

It’s just going to be similar to warriors with berserk active ppl need to learn to back off and learn the key animations to look out for.

That goes for just about every other class tbh ppl learning others animations and when they’re juiced up.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I don’t think PF changes are needed. It needs to pack a strong punch. Since it offers not much else other than damage, if it got nerfed what would be the point of using it?

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’d be balanced with the base specs. I worry that massive power creep is just expected from elite specs these days. I’d rather they be balanced.

Think of it this way: There’s no disadvantage to using Holosmith. You still have the same defense and skill options as a base engi, but you get access to insane burst too. The risk you take is entirely up to you. If you want to yolo in and spam all the skills, you can. If you want to play conservatively and only use PF when it’s safe, you can do that too!

Given that, why would anyone NOT run holo? Maybe some niche raid dps build?.. but even still, it looks like holo will be meta for that too, considering its damage output.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

That’s why its called elite specialization it’s meant to be stronger and it always gives up something from a trait line no matter what even if the trait line wouldn’t benefit the build that a person is running its still not getting access to it because were locked to 3 traitlines.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I believe they stated that elite specs were NOT meant to be stronger, but instead meant to offer a different playstyle.

I’m at work, so I can’t go look up the video where they claimed that, but I’m pretty sure it does exist.

In any case, I’m not surprised that they do it that way. They want to sell expansions. I’m just disappointed because it’s bad for balance and the game as a whole.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

They have repeated ESpec are not improvements but new choices quite a lot of times. However the base professions keep living in the low tier for the most part… nothing new to see here, really.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I believe they stated that elite specs were NOT meant to be stronger, but instead meant to offer a different playstyle.

Can’t treat anything that any developer says as gospel though.

Like they originally said there’d be no holy trinity or healers. Fine. But then that didn’t work and instead of just saying it didn’t work, they said they never said that in the first place.

Uhuh. Sure.

In one of the elite spec vids for PoF I think one of them says something like their goal with elites has always been for them not to be absolutely necessary. But that’s exactly what they did with HoT. Chronomancers had alacrity and Druids were designed as THE spike damage healers.

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I can tell you now that the Holosmith’s damage is not in line with what usually is the base and top line of most professions. It’s exceeding those levels by a large margin. Same thing with the Scourge.

So I doubt they are going to stay the same. In fact I actually think what we got to play was a build that was made 3 months ago and not similar at all to what we would actually get to play in the future.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Photon Forge Solution

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

^

But its not supposed to be “in line” with most other professions?

Not saying it can’t use tweaking but it’s marketed as a high risk, selfish, close range nuker with some CC.

If it doesn’t deal more damage than other safer alternatives with more supportive abilities and tricks up their sleeves why would people run it?

What i think will be the key is to spread out the power a bit, forcing you to rely on the entire holosmith kit to be able to dish out the grand numbers and preventing you from filling up your skillslots with the usual suspects.

As of now most toolbelts (except the arena pull) are completely lackluster and just serve as tool traitline fuel. And the extra projectiles on the sword are dwarfed by the swipe itself. In the end the holomode itself might be overpowered, but the skills supposedly scaling with heat might be in need of a revamp to compensate for nerfing that. For example look at particle accelerator. A unholy blend of surprise shot and glob shot from elixir gun. And what is the heat effect? Increased projectile speed…

(edited by miriforst.1290)