Point of Medic Gyro?

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Why is it 44 seconds if your adding a 14 sec tic to it? Cooldown will still be 30 seconds.

Because it is alive for 14 sec before it dies, putting it on a 30 sec downtime. The cooldown does not start the moment you summon it, it starts when it dies.

Its still active for those 14 seconds though. Which is why im not understanding why its 44 instead of 30.

Because it takes 44 second to activate the healing skill second time.

If the thing dies, like everyone says will probably happen. Then itl go on a 30 second cooldown. If it stays alive, then its still healing and doing its job for those 14 seconds. Its cooldown will still be 30 seconds regardless. Note, that this is a sustain team heal and not a burst heal. You can activate this and go into battle getting that pulse heal ontop of regen and protection.

To me it sounds like you guys want to make it so as soon as its summoned itl go on cooldown, which will bring its cooldown to 16 seconds. Making it similar to a second healing turret :/.

1. I said the same thing but you for some reason can’t grasp the consept of effective cooldown which in this case consist of duration of the skill + base cooldown. 0\

2. FYI the turret has the same cooldown mechanic already ( ie it starts after destruction/picking up).

1. Because things arent being specified. From what you were saying, it sounded like 44 seconds cooldown while disregarding the 14 second duration it was out for.

2. Yes, it goes on cooldown because its no longer in effect. The Gyro is still in effect which is why it doesnt go on cooldown after being summoned.

1. I wasnt disregarding anything cause I did counted healing over those 14 sec.

2. So what?

1.Ok well thats where it caught me off, like i said, when you arent specifying it then it gets confusing.

2.This is the exact reason why it shouldnt. No heals do that besides trolling urgent maybe.

Don’t forget about the toolbelt skill laying the waterfield and then 3 leaps of our rocket charge in it. That’s gotta be some pretty decent healing right?

I think its about 1,400 per leap. Not sure if healing power stacks with this.

Uhmm you guys are forgetting the basics, Healing turret only heals YOU. (no blasts included)

I dont think they want to acknowledge that tbh.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Don’t forget about the toolbelt skill laying the waterfield and then 3 leaps of our rocket charge in it. That’s gotta be some pretty decent healing right?

That requires a few things:

• You are running hammer (this one is easy)
  • Your Hammer #3 is off cooldown (a bit more difficult , but doable)
  • Your enemy stands in the middle of your waterfield for the entire durration (Nope!)

Uhmm you guys are forgetting the basics, Healing turret only heals YOU. (no blasts included)

Half of the Healing turret heal will heal your allies, the condi removal and regen also goes onto allies.

I agree. And yes only 1/2 of it. So you can confirm Medic gyro does provide something. Sustained AoE heal (assuming it does not die quickly), It has the AoE daze too when it dies, X effects when traited.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Cause it’s simply not true, the Healing turret give more hps to an ally than the gyro gives to you ( including the initial heal) LOL and over 2 times more than gyro give to an ally and it has significantly bigger radius.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I agree. And yes only 1/2 of it. So you can confirm Medic gyro does provide something. Sustained AoE heal (assuming it does not die quickly), It has the AoE daze too when it dies, X effects when traited.

Following math done earlier in this thread, even half of the healing from healing turret (it would be more with the regen) is more than the Medic gyros heal. And the healing turret is still les risky and provides good condi removal.

If we are talking about traits, healing turrets lower cooldown triggers healing traits more often, as well as Vigor from Experimental Turrets or a reflectiv shield from Advanced Turrets (I would never run Advanced Turrets even in a full turret build, but that is a diffrent story). Healing Turret can also be traited for knockback.

Look, we all want this to be a good heal, but the numbers are clearly off and we are simply stating it so the devs can do something about it asap. We only have one beta weekend to test so there is no time to waste.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Cause it’s simply not true, the Healing turret give more hps to an ally than the gyro gives to you ( including the initial heal) LOL and over 2 times more than gyro give to an ally and it has significantly bigger radius.

how does the heal itself give more Hps to allies? 2.8k every 20 seconds. Again we are just talking about the heal here. Thats why Ive been saying gyro has its place, AoE support point holder builds. We are not debating here what heal is better.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

how does the heal itself give more Hps to allies? 2.8k every 20 seconds. Again we are just talking about the heal here. Thats why Ive been saying gyro has its place, AoE support point holder builds. We are not debating here what heal is better.

Turret’s Healing Burst can provide 3070 healing ( including regen) to an ally every 15 seconds or 4320 health every 20 sec with detonation in a 480 unit radius with 0 heal power. Medic Gyro can provide 3280-4100 healing to an ally every 44 seconds in a 300 unit radius.

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

its like they never learn.. their mobile AI sucks and remains that way.. and now they create more AI dependant utilities :/

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

Naive question: Is the Medic Gyro chosen in the healing slot, precluding HT, or is it chosen through another mechanism, which would allow it to be used with and to extend HT?

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

Naive question: Is the Medic Gyro chosen in the healing slot, precluding HT, or is it chosen through another mechanism, which would allow it to be used with and to extend HT?

It is a healing skill and can not be chosen with healing turret. You should watch the livestream .

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Goosekilla.2796

Goosekilla.2796

It is a heal skill, and will preclude the turret.

I really think all of gyro issues in general would be fixed if the CDs started when deployed. This will specifically differentiate them from turrets, which right now are best when not kept out (I.e. drop, overcharge for a brief effect pick up/blast immediately after). With CD starting when activated, it provides incentive to sustain your gyros so that they stay alive the whole 15 seconds. The main issue I see right now with them across the board, inculding medic gyro, is that they are attemping to be a sustained effect – they’re all balanced around being alive for their full duration – but they have the CDs of burst effects. It’s the same problem turrets have almost always had. The CD is just massive with respect to the instant effect because it’s balanced around being sustained, but, especially recently, this game is very fast-paced, and rewards active, quick, effects used at the right moment. It just isn’t a game that is built for sustained effect skill types. Necro minions are the same story.

Add to that the fact that engineer utilities are at an especially high premium because we use utility slots to replace weapons, and you’ve got a pretty sticky situation for gyros. I love engi, and I’ve mained one for about 3 years. I like the fact that we use kits instead of weapon swap, but it needs to be reflected in our other utility skills.

Edit: I realize I kind of contradict myself by saying we need to encourage sustaining gyros, and then immediately afterwards saying that this game doesn’t play well with sustained effects. I guess I meant the best thing besides a total rework to make them more burst-type skills would be to enable then to actually be sustained. If they are going to rely on a mechanic that is inherently impotent in this game, at least let them do that well.

Hit Monleee – 80 engi
Cubones Mother – 80 mes
Jade Quarry [Uhhh]

(edited by Goosekilla.2796)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Gyros are mobile, turrets aren’t

You don’t leave the healing turret out. To get the most out of your heal you place it, overcharge it and pick it up again. Or you can blow it up for a healing blast (adds 5 sec to the cooldown).

By placing it and picking it up you get:

• 2520 hp from placement to yourself.
  • 2520 hp from overcharge to yourself and allies.
  • 2 conditions removed from yourself and allies.
  • Regen for 7+ sec for yourself and allies
  • 15 sec before you can do it again.

Medic gyro not dying to early gives you:

• 2590 hp on placement to yourself.
  • 820 health every 3 sec over 14 sec (that is 3480 hp) to yourself and allies.
  • 14sec+30sec (for a total of 44 sec) before you can use it again.

If the medic gyro is destroyed right away you get:

• 2590 Hp to yourself.
  • 30 sec before you can use it again.

Gyro also have shorter Radius (300 vs 480 on healing turret)

The Gyro is clearly worst in every aspect. It is higher risk, heals les, no regen, no condi removal, works worst with invention traits or even the new trait called Recovery Matrix).

Ahh true, didn’t think of if that way.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Morfedel.4165

How often does healing pulse occur? I looked it up in the wiki and no information.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

How often does healing pulse occur? I looked it up in the wiki and no information.

According to POI, 2 or 3 seconds, since 14 devides by 2, lets go with that.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

According to POI, 2 or 3 seconds, since 14 devides by 2, lets go with that.

that means probably migh tick 2 times with some luck migh tick one more, then gets destroyed by AOE, or some one in melee range with its (lesser AOE)3 targets AA.

Guardians know already how this will end for the scraper side.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Morfedel.4165

I’ve been reading the wiki entries but something seems to brat missing. Didn’t they say in the poi that when a gyro is destroyed it dazes in an area? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

I’ve been reading the wiki entries but something seems to brat missing. Didn’t they say in the poi that when a gyro is destroyed it dazes in an area? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

The self-destruct AoE dazes, not sure if untimely deaths also daze as well.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

Now i kind of want to see how well Medic gyro scales with healing power.

From rabid → cleric, Healing turret added 600 per heal.

If the gyro heal also scales with the same amount, then its full cycle would be anywhere from 6533 – 9800 with just the gyro heal.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

If the gyro heal also scales with the same amount, then its full cycle would be anywhere from 6533 – 9800 with just the gyro heal.

That is still les than a healing turret with no healing power…

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

That is still les than a healing turret with no healing power…

Thats not the point at all. 1400 sustain heals is still a nice option ontop of the other healing traits we have at our disposal.

Also wondering if the heal on swiftness and superspeed trait also is affected by healing power.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

Thats not the point at all. 1400 sustain heals is still a nice option ontop of the other healing traits we have at our disposal.

Also wondering if the heal on swiftness and superspeed trait also is affected by healing power.

But healing turret can trigger healing traits almost 3 times before the gyro can do it again… not sure what your point is here. Sustain means nothing if burst heal have better sustain.

Also I’m pretty sure they said that Rapid Regeneration scales of healing power. The question is just: does it scale better than healing blast from med kit (0.033).

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

Oh great healing gyro comes with daze! cool, ok.
Oh wait, now i remember. Healing turret has baseline KB…..

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

But healing turret can trigger healing traits almost 3 times before the gyro can do it again… not sure what your point is here. Sustain means nothing if burst heal have better sustain.

Also I’m pretty sure they said that Rapid Regeneration scales of healing power. The question is just: does it scale better than healing blast from med kit (0.033).

Healing turret also doesnt offer protection ontop of a pulsing water field. Sure it has water fields, but they are very short. Ik Regenerating mist is pretty short, not even a full second. Im not truly sure how long HTs overcharge is or if it goes away as soon as you pick it up, i wanna say 2-3 seconds.

Right now im feeling like with a setup of medic gyro + protection and traited shield use with a few elixirs for getting boons for Iron blooded. We could actually be a pretty beefy tank.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqenUICFYhlcBubBkfBFDjKMAGn9SMd6vBE

This is what i came up with so far. It has a high up time of protection as well as blocks.

For the last trait line im thinking:
-Recovery Matrix
-The 2nd trait is kind of up for grabs. Still thinking on which would be a good one. Maybe Expert Examination.
-Adaptive Armor.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

If you have come up with any scenario where you think heal gyro is better than healing turret, you’re overthinking it. By a lot. You’re thinking more about what you want it to be rather than what it is.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

Well, you know. In a few weeks wel test that theory. Till then, nothing is fact.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If they adjust the cd, I could see it as being a viable alternative to healing turret if you’d rather have protection than condi cleanse…

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Bunker spec and has synergy with hammer 3 with its toolbelt.

I would still use turret

2 Waterfields
shorter cooldown
AOE Knockback + Damage
cleanse Condition
grants regeneration
blast finsiher

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Morfedel.4165

Oh great healing gyro comes with daze! cool, ok.
Oh wait, now i remember. Healing turret has baseline KB…..

It is? Then what is the engineer trait explosive powder for?

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

Healing turret also doesnt offer protection ontop of a pulsing water field. Sure it has water fields, but they are very short. Ik Regenerating mist is pretty short, not even a full second. Im not truly sure how long HTs overcharge is or if it goes away as soon as you pick it up, i wanna say 2-3 seconds.

Well, if we run Recovery Matrix , healing turret will grants 5 – 10 sec of protection every 15-20 sec, depending on your boon durration and if you pick it up or blast it. So best case, 2/3rd uptime of protection.

Medic Gyro toolbelt pulses 1 – 2 sec Protection every 5 sec on a 25 sec cooldown. That is at best 10 sec every 25 or 2/5th uptime. (with Tools it is 21.25 sec cooldown).
Medic gyro also grant 5 -10 sec protection every 30-44 sec depending on boon durration and gyro lifespan. So at best it is another 1/3rd uptime of protection. In total 11/15 uptime, or right above 2/3rd like Healing turret, but that is if the gyro dies right away and you lose out on most of the heal.

If we don’t have boon/Protection durration we get the following numbers:

• 1/3rd uptime for Healing Turret.
  • 1/5th uptime for Reconstruction Field.
  • 1/6th to 1/9th uptime for Medic Gyro.

Looks to me like healing turret wins out in Protection too, unles you want to blow up your medic gyro right away. I guess Reconstruction Field have the added benefit of giving protection to allies, but they would have to stand inside the pulsing field with a radius of only 300, in fact, you would also have to do that.

Edit: typo

(edited by Are.1326)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

The toolbelt skill actually pulses aoe protection not stability.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

The toolbelt skill actually pulses aoe protection not stability.

opps, typo on my side, I meant protection. 1 sec and I’ll edit. the numbers are still correct tho.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

So its basically, burst group healing with 1 protection vs sustained group healing with 2.

If its really 2 seconds per interval on medic gyro heals, i think it would be pretty balanced in which one you want to use.

Looking a bit more into the scrapper traits. Im seeing Final salvo + Rapid regeneration as a pretty nice combo if you plan on using Medic gyro + 1 or 2 more gyros and wanna squeeze a bit more into some team support.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Gyro has a secondary purpose, its called daze. Sure, charge right in and try to melee a gyro and see what you get from that gyros big daddy. Even if they manage to kill Medic gyro, they still took time out of their fight just to kill AI, as for aoe, dont use it till aoe have cleared. thats why you have that toolbelt skill, protection plus waterfield, hammer 3 is going to heal you for 4k in that field plus you get protection to survive that aoe burst. thats when you pop medic gyro and hope it dies 6 secs in for a aoe daze to start that CC train.

It’s not just “taking time out to kill AI” or “AOE” damage that will kill a gyro. They hover close to you so the worry is that mostly they’re just going to get cleaved without your oponent/s even giving it a first thought.

Time will tell… but this is the trouble… queue song… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3pltmw6cmI

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

So its basically, burst group healing with 1 protection vs sustained group healing with 2.

If its really 2 seconds per interval on medic gyro heals, i think it would be pretty balanced in which one you want to use.

Looking a bit more into the scrapper traits. Im seeing Final salvo + Rapid regeneration as a pretty nice combo if you plan on using Medic gyro + 1 or 2 more gyros and wanna squeeze a bit more into some team support.

With just medic gyro exploding, final salvo will cast 2 seconds of superspeed ticking 2 heals of 470 each. 940 additional healing for a 30 second cooldown, providing a mere 31 hps in addition to it’s main heal from termination to reactivation. And still no condition cleanse.

Well Whoopee do, you sure convinced me.

[/sarcasm]

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

With just medic gyro exploding, final salvo will cast 2 seconds of superspeed ticking 2 heals of 470 each. 940 additional healing for a 30 second cooldown, providing a mere 31 hps in addition to it’s main heal from termination to reactivation. And still no condition cleanse.

[/sarcasm]

Just to be correct: they said the superspeed is pulsing three times. So you will have a total superspeed of 5 seconds, which means 5*470=2350 healing.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Are.1326

No, that is like saying Reconstruction field gives 5 protection so it is better than 1 protection from healing turret. Protection viability is about uptime, not stacks, and healing turret wins out in uptime.

Sustain heal vs burst heal means nothing since healing turrets burst heal have better sustain than the medic gyro. Normaly, sustain means more health over time and burst means more health upfront, but healing turret gives more health upfront and over time so it is best in both sustain and burst.

Healing turret also gives more health to allies (both in sustain and burst) so it’s no benefit in taking medic gyro there.

And again, Reconstruction field requires that you and your allies stand inside it for it’s durration. It is a 300 field, so it’s not that usefull unles you want to be a sitting duck.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

[/sarcasm]

Just to be correct: they said the superspeed is pulsing three times. So you will have a total superspeed of 5 seconds, which means 5*470=2350 healing.

I think you made a calculation error somewhere but it should be 4 seconds in total of superspeed… making the heal 1880

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

[/sarcasm]

I think you made a calculation error somewhere but it should be 4 seconds in total of superspeed… making the heal 1880

You’re right, thanks for that. Got a bit confused about the superspeed is not stacking part.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

[/sarcasm]

No, you and MrTJpwnz.4710 are correct, my mistake. Missed that in the tooltip. So it goes from 31 to a whopping 62 hps. Still, to be fair, that’s better than Medical Dispersion Field by 54 hps.

(edited by wolfyrik.2017)

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

[/sarcasm]

Reading the tooltip for the skill. Superspeed lasts 2 seconds but pulses 3 times. Thats basically 6 seconds of superspeed that is being dumped into Rapid regeneration. Rapid Regeneration also scales with healing power.

6 × 470 = 2820 Minimum if you only have superspeed without healing power
6 × 105 = 630 Minimum with only Swiftness.
2820 + 630 = 3450 Minimum if you have both on at the same time.

What gives superspeed?
Every Gyro.
Blast gyro utility.
Slick shoes utility.

So if you roll with medic gyro, your burst heal wont be as high. But you get a potential.
2590 + 3826 or 5880 (Depending on ticks) = 6416 or 8470. + 2820 = 9236 or 11290.
If we throw in swiftness, that would be 11920

This is base with no healing power ontop of having a good amount of protection uptime.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

What gives superspeed?
Every Gyro.
Blast gyro utility.
Slick shoes utility.

Don’t forget the first Major Adept trait that gives you super speed on leap or blast finisher in Lightning field

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Morfedel.4165

No, that is like saying Reconstruction field gives 5 protection so it is better than 1 protection from healing turret. Protection viability is about uptime, not stacks, and healing turret wins out in uptime.

Sustain heal vs burst heal means nothing since healing turrets burst heal have better sustain than the medic gyro. Normaly, sustain means more health over time and burst means more health upfront, but healing turret gives more health upfront and over time so it is best in both sustain and burst.

Healing turret also gives more health to allies (both in sustain and burst) so it’s no benefit in taking medic gyro there.

And again, Reconstruction field requires that you and your allies stand inside it for it’s durration. It is a 300 field, so it’s not that usefull unles you want to be a sitting duck.

Or if you want to do some cheesy stacking tactics in dungeons, which no one ever does.

Oh wait…

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

[/sarcasm]

Reading the tooltip for the skill. Superspeed lasts 2 seconds but pulses 3 times. Thats basically 6 seconds of superspeed that is being dumped into Rapid regeneration. Rapid Regeneration also scales with healing power.

What gives superspeed?
Every Gyro.
Blast gyro utility.
Slick shoes utility.

So if you roll with medic gyro, your burst heal wont be as high. But you get a potential.
2590 + 3826 or 5880 (Depending on ticks) = 6416 or 8470. + 2820 = 9236 or 11290.

This is base with no healing power ontop of having a good amount of protection uptime.

As far as i know super speed does not stack. Yet.

It would be lovely if it would though, maybe it could happen with the expansion given the widespread amount of aoe superspeed being added?

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

iKeostuKen.2738

[/sarcasm]

What gives superspeed?
Every Gyro.
Blast gyro utility.
Slick shoes utility.

As far as i know super speed does not stack. Yet.

It would be lovely if it would though, maybe it could happen with the expansion given the widespread amount of aoe superspeed being added?

If it doesn’t stack. There wouldn’t be a need to nerf the superspeed traits in any way if this one day gets out of hand :P. Kind of sweet that this has no interval and stacks with a common boon. (Hello to swiftness runes, or that rifle barreled trait)

Also I was thinking those lightning fields were going to last 6 seconds.

Point of Medic Gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

If it were changed to pulse 820 HP per second it would actually be a pretty good sustain and justify the 30s cooldown (or 44s if it lasts for the full duration). Just like the AED, you’d use it preemptively instead of reactively like for the healing turret. And that toolbelt on 25s cooldown is very valuable as an offensive water field as well with protection to boot. It is a risk of course as it can be cleaved down. Honestly they should make it tankier than the average player such that the scrapper would go down before his gyro does if they were cleaved together