Poor gyros :(

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Why on earth remove the one useful thing about them? Sure when they explode they grant super speed, that’s it? I am not joking when I say that the only way to make these robots useful is to make them pets now, not some mini temporary aide mechanic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They could at least have offered something in return, like 5s longer duration or whatever but nope apparently it was just fine to delete this for the “purity”.

Next patch will probably make gyros immobile, because after all thats how turrets is and those are pure engie skills that are soooo balanced and loved by all.

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I wonder if they ever think about removing the cooldown-bug from the gyros. It is not a big deal, but it kinda leads all their attempts to balance the cd ad absurdum, especially with the sneak-gyro.

Maybe one of the devs is a dedicated pvp-player who just hates to lose against engineers. Whenever he gets a bleeding nose, we get another nerf. Then we adjust our settings, continue and improve. Then he gets another bleeding nose and continues the nerf. I mean they only nerf things we rely on, because something else got nerfed before.

As ridiculous as this may sound. I had that exact issue in another game, years ago. I was playing my cursed class for 5 years until its power was literally cut in half. That changed my point of view with nerfs. Whenever a new update/patch/build arrives, I’m just happy about all the things that still work. Later I adjust my setup to balance out the nerfs and continue as nothing happened.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

It is obvious: the whole design for the scrapper was made in the last minutes before they had to present something.
In the beginning, scrapper had some kind of identity behind it and synergy.
But Anet is removing it with every single patch a bit further.
Everything that was fun, unique or synergetic about scrapper is just gone.

Gyros as the only instacast minion type -> added cast times to most of them
Triple leap on hammer 3 -> reduced to double leap (warrior has a trait for that, not unique anymore)
Gyro synergy with expert examination -> gone since daze removed

Scrapper has no identity anymore. Well done, Anet. Better luck with next elite spec. Hope you will actually put any effort in creating it this time.

And what I just came up with:
Remember how people said Impact Savant and Expert Examination will be bad, because engineer doesn’t have many sources of stun and daze?
They just removed 6 dazes from scrapper. Well done, Anet.

With that nerf you didn’t just nerf gyros, but indirectly these 2 traits, too.

(edited by Kodama.6453)