Possible Engi weapons (JFF)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Just for fun, what new weapons would you like to see on your engi in the future – things that may not exist in the game currently or possibly changes to our existing weapon skills.
I’d like to see something akin to a cattle prod – a 2-handed melee style weapon which could build up charges, when auto attacking on 1, to ‘unlock’ further skills in the chain.
The weapon itself would apply conditions on enemies but also have the ability, when targeting friendlies, to apply boons or healing depending on how many charges had been amassed.
Currently, kits aside, we’re a bit shy on actual weapons so what others can you come up with (whilst we wait for the update to drop)?
Mobile turrets anyone?…

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

• I want a hammer and a mace for my engi.
  • I also want some kind of battle tank or suit as elite, wich does not change skills but increase kit effectiveness.
  • And I want actually useful turrets
  • A mine kit would be amazing too, like a bomb kit, but just with invisible dura mines <3
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

A new mainhand weapon would be nice, mace probably.

New kits though, are what I want to see because they offer the most fun and quirky playability. Things like a portal gun or a clockwork golem kit could be unique and wacky and so much non-hack-n-slash fun.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Alyssa.7254

Alyssa.7254

I would really like to see both mace and hammer brought to engi, however, if I had to pick one, I would want the hammer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I would like to see a kit that lets you take control of a remote control golem of some kind. Your camera would follow the golem instead of your character, and you could run around bashing people as a giant golem, and shooting rockets and stuff. To balance it, your character would stay planted while controlling the golem, and it’s range from your character would only be about 1200 distance, or so; if you go to far away from where you planted your character, the golem would disappear and you would go back to controlling your character with a 20 second, or so, cool-down on the golem, you would get the same cooldown on the golem if it is killed. So long as you don’t go too far from your character with the golem, you can equip or un-equip the golem without any significant cool-down, just like any kit.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

• I also want some kind of battle tank or suit as elite, wich does not change skills but increase kit effectiveness.
  • A mine kit would be amazing too, like a bomb kit, but just with invisible dura mines <3

a mecha suit that attachs all turrets to you, makes em mobile for a short time and makes you awesome, that and I’d like an engineer hammer

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

An elite gizmo kit.
It would have a set of fun team supportive abilities.

in Engineer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

• A mine kit would be amazing too, like a bomb kit, but just with invisible dura mines<3

Once upon a time in the days of old, when knights were bold and toilets were yet invented, we used to have mine kits. Then Anet got rid of them. We have “Throw Mine” now. The end
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mine_Kit

Säïnt

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Hammer is obvious i have already crafted my ascended one for my engi when the day comes and may start crafting the Juggernaut as well but aside from that Power fist kit that gives your arms some kind of powerfist skin and instead of a hobo sack a exo skeleton and give it gap closers and blast finishers yeah that would be cool ..Oh and to add a Minigun elite kit to replace that crappy mortar with just one auto attack that sprays rounds at like a 1000 range or less i could work with but grants vigor protection and regen while its active

in Engineer

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I had the following idea of introducing a new weapon that suits engineer perfectly: “Shotgun”

This weapon is a shorter range version of rifle, but emphasize on AOE more than anything. This weapon has the feature identical to Guardian’s staff but with much more condition application.

The Shotgun has the following skills.
1. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause 1 layer of bleeding
(2s default). (Much like Guardian’s staff, but more condition oriented)
2. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause bleeding. Layers depending on distance.
(<450 range = 6 layers of bleed, >450 range = 3 layers of bleed.)
3. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause torments. Layers depending on distance.
(<450 range = 3 stacks, >450 distance = 1 stack)
4. A charge shot that knock back up to 5 targets in 450 range cone shape. This skill also inflicts 5 layers of vulnerability.(This skill works like mesmer’s GS 5)
5. Do a 600 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause cripple.

We only have 3 weapons to choose anyway, so adding a new one will make us much more diverse and versatile.
I haven’t think of the exact value for these skills yet, but I hope you guys like my idea.

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

I had the following idea of introducing a new weapon that suits engineer perfectly: “Shotgun”

This weapon is a shorter range version of rifle, but emphasize on AOE more than anything. This weapon has the feature identical to Guardian’s staff but with much more condition application.

1. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause 1 layer of bleeding
2. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause bleeding. Layers depending on distance.
3. Do a 900 range cone damage that hit up to 5 targets and cause torments. Layers depending on distance.
4. A charge shot that knock back up to 5 targets in 450 range cone shape. This skill also inflicts 5 layers of vulnerability.(This skill works like mesmer’s GS 5)

We only have 3 weapons to choose anyway, so adding a new one will make us much more diverse and versatile.
I haven’t think of the exact value for these skills yet, but I hope you guys like my idea.

The engie uses the rifle a lot like a shotgun anyway (at least in my head canon he wields it like the tf2 engineer)- lots of distance control and distance defendant skills on engie rifle

As for weapons, I see both hammer and mace thrown around a lot, and they’re good ideas, though I’d also like to propose dagger and torch.

Also, I’d like a skill where I erect portable Asura gates, similar to Mesmer portals, but longer range. They’d take X time of not being hit to erect, and are destroyed by enemies attacking them like turrets, or the user destroying them remotely.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

(edited by Piogre.2164)

in Engineer

Posted by: Athel.2076

Athel.2076

I like the idea of mace or hammer for engineer, it makes sense.

Of weapons I’d like to see added to the game as a whole, the greataxe would be my choice. The bigger the axe, the better.

Ice dragon, fire dragon, risen dead from Orr,
branded creature, icebrood creature, war war war.
mel: Soft kitty.

in Engineer

Aomine.5012

The engie uses the rifle a lot like a shotgun anyway (at least in my head canon he wields it like the tf2 engineer)- lots of distance control and distance defendant skills on engie rifle

As for weapons, I see both hammer and mace thrown around a lot, and they’re good ideas, though I’d also like to propose dagger and torch.

Also, I’d like a skill where I erect portable Asura gates, similar to Mesmer portals, but longer range. They’d take X time of not being hit to erect, and are destroyed by enemies attacking them like turrets, or the user destroying them remotely.

Engineer’s rifle doesn’t work like Shotgun at all.
The auto is just single target not cone shape.
The net shot doesn’t look like it comes out from a shotgun too, it just shoots a net.
Jump shot is not like shotgun either.

If you read through my skills carefully you’ll notice engineer’s current rifle is by no means like shotgun at any rate. Also this weapon works like a better version of flamethrower but w/o the requirement of using kit to do aoe damage. I think that’s a big bonus to engineer’s build diversity.

in Engineer

Frightlight.3796

why not change the way the rifle works to a shotgun style auto attack and change up blunderbuss with a new ability like high explosive round that has a 300 blast range so it still works a bit like blunderbuss aoe then change the net turret to chainshot and give it a small damage portion added to it ?

in Engineer

Aomine.5012

why not change the way the rifle works to a shotgun style auto attack and change up blunderbuss with a new ability like high explosive round that has a 300 blast range so it still works a bit like blunderbuss aoe then change the net turret to chainshot and give it a small damage portion added to it ?

Because it benefits no-one if you just destroy one weapon’s mechanic (rifle) to replace it with something entirely different. So the best way is to just add a new weapon type. And since we only have 3 weapons to choose from atm, adding one more weapon is a big plus to engineer.

in Engineer

Frightlight.3796

Well yeah i understand that im actually all for hammers atm the current weapons are just really stale and uninteresting for now

in Engineer

Posted by: Immersturm.6097

Immersturm.6097

Hammers and maces are two future weapons I could see being added to the engineer’s core weapons.

If you ask me, a new kit that could be added would be the “Spinning Cestus” kit. It’d be like the gloves of the Molten Berserker (you know, the giant charr at the end of the Molten Boss Fractal): a combination of engineering wit and pure brutality.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Hammer would be awesome, especially if they added a skin that is basically a giant wrench. A bit cliche, but fitting.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

in Engineer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I just want Overcharged shot on rifle to hit multiple targets like updraft. Idc if it goes on a longer cool down. Oh and that idea for the power gloves kit is hot, id take that too.

Säïnt

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Main hand shield. Yes, I want to be Captain America.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

a gadget elite. something useful for pve. i just don’t like supply crate in pve.
i also want personal battering ram to go back to the boxing glove animation and i want my asura to say, “POW right in the cranium!” more often.
i also want to say “slick shoes! greased lightning!” every time i use slick shoes instead of like once every 20 casts.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Immersturm.6097

Immersturm.6097

Main hand shield. Yes, I want to be Captain America.

Main hand shields with off-hand shields equals dual-wielding shields.

I’m okay with this.

in Engineer

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

I mentioned this is teamspeak before, and I have no idea on how it would be implemented.. but I would give my left nut for a Legendary Flamethrower

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Engineer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Hammer weapon.

melee kit.

Robot that can fight and move.

Robot that can heal and move.

Robot that can Tank and Control and move.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Mace&Torch all the way

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Erdy.3201

Erdy.3201

I really want this!!!!

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Mortar rework, Y NOT ANET???

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: ColdHatred.7230

ColdHatred.7230

We need a melee mainhand. Definitely hammer for tinkering. I can also see dagger as its the closest resemblance to a nail. lol Torch would be cool too, like the mechanical ones for welding.

Asuran Engineer – Ëlixir

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Lightning Gun/Tesla Cannon (Elite) Kit.
“Borrowed” Megalaser, or some kinda Death Ray.

I mean, seriously, you’re dealing with THE Technology/Mad Science profession – I want my Death Rays, yesterday. >_<
Melee ideas: Torch could work, especially as an “arc-welder” setup. Mace for “claw hammer,” or “crescent wrench.” (Although, that does somewhat step on Tool Kit’s sac a bit …). Now, as for “new” weaponry, ginormous drill or buzzsaw.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

New weapon: Off Hand Rifle for Engineer.
skill 4: Rifle Barrage- Stand still to Fire an automatic volley of rounds in a cone in front of you with a chance to inflict Bleeding. The final attack inflicts Cripple.

Skill 5: Nerve Gas- Fire a canister of Toxic Nerve Gas that shrouds an area inflicting Torment every second for 4 seconds while foes remain within the Gas, foes who stay within the Gas on the final tick will receive a 1 second Fear.

I for one would also love to see the Dagger as a main hand weapon considering how in reality it was used primarily as a utility tool rather then a combat weapon. Also if we use the Mesmer’s great sword as an example, one can only imagine the innovative ways an engineered could use a dagger! The possibilities could be endless!

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

We need a gatling gun kit.

Make it slow, make it devastating.

Come on, Engineer is the TF2 class, and we can’t cosplay as the most iconic character from the game, the heavy.

I’m tired of tiny baby guns, kitten.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Engineer

Posted by: OddHood.8062

OddHood.8062

Crossbow gun or kit
1. fire crossbow gun bullet, deal damage and vulnerability (20% project finisher)
2. rapid fire your crossbow gun, deal damage and bleed (fire 7 bullets, 20% project finisher each bullet)
3. aim a venerable spot, deal damage and if it deal critical damage, deal bonus damage (need 2sec cast time)
4. fire electronic bullet, deal damage and make static field (do not stun, looks like fractal Mai elec field) and if enemy on field, deal 2 stacks vulnerability every 0.5 sec (field keep up 4sec, 400 radius, static field, ground target skill, 1000 range)
5. fire electronic time bomb, deal damage and 0.1 sec stun (while 3 sec, can 3 chance, 1sec interval time)

nomal range 1200, if u get increase range trait (firearms IV) can fire 1400 or 1500 range.

how about this? ;D

(edited by OddHood.8062)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

A new mainhand weapon would be nice, mace probably.

New kits though, are what I want to see because they offer the most fun and quirky playability. Things like a portal gun or a clockwork golem kit could be unique and wacky and so much non-hack-n-slash fun.

portal gun, hehe. it damages with gravity. shoot portal entrance on ground, when enemy walks over it, shoot it up in the air!

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.