Possible New Engineer Elite Skill

in Engineer

Posted by: ScorpiOverkill.7064

ScorpiOverkill.7064

Okay, I was just hanging around watching my cats pounce each other when I had a thought: what if Engis had a Walking Turret elite? Maybe one about half the size of the golems that shoots cannonballs for knockdown damage or something?

What do you all think?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nimbl.8957

Nimbl.8957

….. Like the scorpions in EotM?

in Engineer

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

OR. Or. Engies had a cannon turret that they placed, with the second half being a flare that they had to place at the exit location, which acted like the mesmer’s portal?

Call it the man-cannon.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Sure, we already have a turret themed elite but I’m a big fan of replacing that pile of garbage with something like this!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Viking Jorun.5413

Sure, we already have a turret themed elite but I’m a big fan of replacing that pile of garbage with something like this!

¿Por qué no las dos?

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

i want somethig better than supply crate
well its hard to make something better than that XD

a multiuse kit

1. shotgun: aoe dmg mad by multiple explosions
  2. demolition: run and place bombs and mine for knock ur enemy
  3. supply convertion: convert boons on ur enemy in condition and conditons on u in boons
  4. shield field: make a dome who relfect all damage for a short period
  5. elixir of life: revive nearby downed ally and heal them
    all 5 with a 90s/120s CD or make the kit with a 90s CD
Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Keep it simple: Battle tank/suit thing (more charr like golem suit), same skills as the kit you just use, sexy animations, 100% crit ratio for 30 sec, 180 sec CD.

Synergizes with vulnerability trait.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Golem Suits are Asurian racials.

I would say something like a scorpion vehicle that is a real zerg buster. It should have several different “weapon systems” to use (like a kit) and make you quite resistant to damage. It should only be able to use most of the weapon systems once during the duration of the effect but it should be quite a fireworks show when used.

I would think a steam powered tank:
Provides a base buff to HPs, Armor and Toughness (Very hard to kill when in the vehicle).
Moves slowly (save the special). One way to avoid its wraith is MOVE.

It has a certain amount of steam. Each ability you use takes away steam. The base attack takes the least steam “rolling over the enemy”. This means while you have 5 whopper abilities, you can’t use them all. On the other hand, you could just steam roll over people (it’s base attack is a “crunch”) and stay in it much longer “but they would scatter”.

Basic Attack would be running over the enemy. It would HURT but again the tank moves slowly. (1pt of steam)
Special (2 pts steam) piercing bullet shots (like a machine gun). Short Cone piercing AOE.
Special (5pts steam) would be a mini cannon ball shot 1500 range.
Special (2 pts steam) would be a rocket ignited movement speed boost (to flee or to catch enemy) 3 second burst of speed. Also provides stability.
Special (5 pts steam) would be a giant net 1200 range catches and immobilizes up to five.
Special (5pts steam) would be health oriented (like a super sized water field)

The key is you only have so many steam points (10 seems right).

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

heh.. so many ideas for nice things. Now lets break the mood and go back to reality. From the devs point of view the engineer is “in a good place right now” ….sooooooo i guess whatever we get cant be even close to those nice ideas….though jesus id give an arm and a leg for a battle vehicle.. like a tank or something like a dredge miner suit style thing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Orbital Ion Cannon Eliete. Done.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Viking Jorun.5413

Orbital Ion Cannon Eliete. Done.

Skyhammer in a box!

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Would rather they make a Rampage 2.0 from Warrior or Elixir X and re-theme it into a Power Armour kit that has a 30 second cooldown.

The Kick, Throw and Seismic Leap abilities could be strong, but have limited combo potential when you have to leave the transform to make them work together with the rest of the Engineer’s skills.

In this way, Engineer gets the best of both worlds: A transform that doesn’t suck, and a new Kit to work with Kit traits.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

Whaddabout an Elite that is called “elixir ß-turret-kit” and if you activate it, it turns you into a walking turret and gives you 5 random skills from other classes, most of them quite useless untraited and with no synergy whatsoever with any other skills. i mean, if you could predict which skills you got, this would be blatantly OP. oh, and plz plz add a 5% chance to get 25 tacks or might and stealth. this would be so cool. oh, and 240 sec cooldown, or OP.

Trollpost, sorry.

in Engineer

Posted by: ScorpiOverkill.7064

ScorpiOverkill.7064

Then again, maybe we can jack Scarlet’s stuff after the end of this LW event? Those Watchwork minions of hers will do nicely.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Or we could do a trade-in on our mortar. The toy mortars from Wintersday are way more powerful and can fire unmanned.

The turrets from Caudecus’ Manor are also really tanky. I’d like to know what secrets have gone into their construction since they look the same as ours.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Another Idea for Engineer: Sharpshooter kit.
#1: Precise shotFire an aimed shot at your that does more damage on long a longer range. Fire rate: 1¼s.
#2: Heart shotTake a long breath and fire at your foe. Does 40%(?) more damage if you don’t move while channeling. Channeling time: 2½s. Recharge time: 10s.
#3: Silent shot Fire a shot in quick succession that dazes(2s) your foe.
Recharge time: 12s.
#4: Dragonbullet Fire a bullet at your foe that explodes after 2 seconds. The explosion applies Vulnerability(5 stacks for 10 seconds). Radius: 180. Recharge rate: 12s.
#5: Glass shot Fire a glass filled bullet that explodes in glass shards that blinds enemy in a small radius. Disappear in stealth(3s) when detonates. Radius: 180. Fire time: ½s. Recharge rate: 15s.

Wearing this kit applies Weapon Heat on the user. You can use 25 skills, counting from 0 to 25. When 25 is reached the weapon is overheated and unusable and it goes on cooldown (180s).
Elite Supplies trait will let the weapon go up to 35 charges untill overheated.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Another Idea for Engineer: Sharpshooter kit.
#1: Precise shotFire an aimed shot at your that does more damage on long a longer range. Fire rate: 1¼s.
#2: Heart shotTake a long breath and fire at your foe. Does 40%(?) more damage if you don’t move while channeling. Channeling time: 2½s. Recharge time: 10s.
#3: Silent shot Fire a shot in quick succession that dazes(2s) your foe.
Recharge time: 12s.
#4: Dragonbullet Fire a bullet at your foe that explodes after 2 seconds. The explosion applies Vulnerability(5 stacks for 10 seconds). Radius: 180. Recharge rate: 12s.
#5: Glass shot Fire a glass filled bullet that explodes in glass shards that blinds enemy in a small radius. Disappear in stealth(3s) when detonates. Radius: 180. Fire time: ½s. Recharge rate: 15s.

Wearing this kit applies Weapon Heat on the user. You can use 25 skills, counting from 0 to 25. When 25 is reached the weapon is overheated and unusable and it goes on cooldown (180s).
Elite Supplies trait will let the weapon go up to 35 charges untill overheated.

I like the idea of an elite kit. I feel that it would have to work more like this, using charges as an ele conjure, to keep it from being clunky or overpowered.

I’m sorry to say this particular example I don’t much care for. The auto attack painfully reminds me of the harpoon gun, and the rest of the skills are just not very dynamic to me. It’s the same skill 5 times, with different conditions attached to them.

A sniper rifle may not be the best place to start for an elite kit. Our regular kits include things such as a flamethrower, dropping bombs, and chucking grenades. I think an elite kit would have to be a bit more epic. Rocket launcher, chainsaw, something more epic than just another gun.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry