Post Jan 28th kit builds status

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This is a request to see how the pve side of the kit builds are going. I would love to know the status of kit builds that use FT/EG/Grenades/Bombs/Mines heavily. You can post pvp builds and explain how they might benefit pve but I’m particularly interested in what people have found about the new damage ratios they are using in pve since that was the most broken prior to Jan 28th patch. I also would like to know if some builds have remained broken due to items like cone attacks still missing or explosion radii remaining too small. As someone who has very little time or money, I cannot test these things myself but I do feel our community needs to know. Thanks.

I personally am using a modified version of the rifle/condi build. I modified it to include discharge so that it does more damage, and instead of using the FT I use the bomb kit because there’s more cc and utility in it. For stun release I use the goggles. for healing i use the medkit. Runes are of Grenth (I know not conventional but they work well) This is to keep mobs from getting to me at all costs and have a backup plan if they do manage to. I use Sigil of Ice so that when a mob does get too close I can maximize the time they are in the bleed field from my toolkit and keep them from getting to me longer while I escape. 10/20/0/10/30

Here It Is

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

My build has been heavily focused on condition damage for a while. I tried using nothing but P/P and go full on Elixirs, but the survivability provided by Elixir Gun made me reconsider and add it back again. My current build is 10/30/0/30/0, and I use Elixir Gun for support and for avoiding enemies, lasting a bit longer. I really love it, not for the damage it has but for the options it gives me. With a single shot I can apply weakness, with the other cripple, and give myself swiftness and then I can poison, move backwards and heal. Those options have saved me many times already.

Another nice thing is that with some simple trait changes (no need to visit the trainer) I can switch to a FT build, stacking Might like crazy and dealing with pesky waves of trash mobs. When doing TA up path I tend to use pretty much only the FT, and it serves me very nicely.

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

Ft is solid now.

What we need is a personal teleportation device to give us a blink mechanic.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Ft is solid now.

What we need is a personal teleportation device to give us a blink mechanic.

Really wish we had one of those too. Or change the rocket boots to send us forward not backward and remove that 2 second self stun we have.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I would rather have something that worked more like ride the lightening then a blink.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Yeah a better ground covering skill would be nice.

And just because Turrets are so lackluster, my suggestion is

Teleport Turret

Would work alot like the Mesmer portal. The TB skill would be somekind of beacon you can place and when you place the Turret it would portal ppl around it to the beacon every few seconds or something. It would be more effective than the Mesmer portal but has the downside of the turret being able to be destroyed. Maybe the overcharge could even be an area stealth to trick ppl into thinking you portalled.
(heh Portal fake foos)

Not a fast move like ride the lightning but it would awesome for everyone to start typing “Sweep for Mesmers AND Engies” after you take a base.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Teleport would have to be a personal gadget (get rid of PBR) so that it’s not killable. Drop the device at your feet, which toggles the “Teleport” button. To return to the teleporter hit “Teleport” similar to Throw Mine/Detonate. Range, cast time, recharge, toolbelt etc. TBD.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I would rather have something that worked more like ride the lightening then a blink.

I wish our rocket boots worked like this