Post patch rifle/nade build

in Engineer

Posted by: Vestid.7619

Vestid.7619

Hi

I wanted to try something that was less focused on Elixirs post patch. I also like to use my weapon and kit equally. In this case grenades for AoE, rifle for single target.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VW;4Z;0h0C67Qkv2;9;4T99J-46A4;05;009;9;9kr0D

Hope you like it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vestid.7619

Vestid.7619

So my build is either average or really bad based on the comments so far …

in Engineer

Posted by: mecra.5780

mecra.5780

It’s odd… feels confused… I honestly don’t have anything good to say about it as I can’t put my finger on what it’s good at aside from grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Might just be because I’m on my phone but I can’t see your gear unless you didn’t put it in there, I’d only suggest swapping out the chance to cuase vulnerability on Crist for swiftness on crits so you got permanent vigor in combat I’ll assume if this is for pve/wvw your using knights so not to bad good chance to get some big hits from jump shot and Nade barrage, I wouldn’t be to concerned about people commenting or not, I made a post a few days ago with a video for a hgh burst build only got a few dislikes outta it hahaha

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Hi

I wanted to try something that was less focused on Elixirs post patch. I also like to use my weapon and kit equally. In this case grenades for AoE, rifle for single target.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VW;4Z;0h0C67Qkv2;9;4T99J-46A4;05;009;9;9kr0D

Hope you like it.

Hey there. There are definitely a few things that should be cleaned up if you’re looking for the best non-HgH rifle nade builds. Currently, the traits and utilities you have selected have next to no synergy.

• Invigorating speed for vigor every 5 seconds, but no Infused Precision or Speedy kits to proc it.
  • Taking Elixir H and Elixir B, but not getting reduced cooldowns on them. It’s good you have Cleaning Formula 409, but going half-in to elixirs is simply a weaker option than using the super powerful healing turret.
  • Utility Goggles. There’s no good reason to take this utility over Elixir S, or Slick Shoes.

Let me suggest to you a non-hgh rifle/nade build that’s optimized for WvW roaming & hotjoins.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqiY38y3F17IyoHdGnNhiKkffewWPIEC-ToAg0CnI0RljLHjOygsBNE5sA

(Take Medkit if you can afford to be more selfish, or if you’re not worriedabout conditions)

• This is an extremely offensive, and extremely mobile rifle/nade build. In fact, when the might is stacked, I dare say that it might be the most hard hitting Engineer build that exists.
  • You might want to adapt it to be more well rounded (drop scope for protection injection would be the first thing to do).
  • You can throw on any runes of choice, and get a fire sigil & trade ‘Enhanced Performance’ for ‘Explosive Powder’ – if might stacking isn’t fun for you (you wanted to stay away from the HgH playstyle).
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

Let me suggest to you a non-hgh rifle/nade build that’s optimized for WvW roaming & hotjoins.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqiY38y3F17IyoHdGnNhiKkffewWPIEC-ToAg0CnI0RljLHjOygsBNE5sA

(Take Medkit if you can afford to be more selfish, or if you’re not worriedabout conditions)

• This is an extremely offensive, and extremely mobile rifle/nade build. In fact, when the might is stacked, I dare say that it might be the most hard hitting Engineer build that exists.
  • You might want to adapt it to be more well rounded (drop scope for protection injection would be the first thing to do).
  • You can throw on any runes of choice, and get a fire sigil & trade ‘Enhanced Performance’ for ‘Explosive Powder’ – if might stacking isn’t fun for you (you wanted to stay away from the HgH playstyle).

I saw this build on your twitch and decided to give it a try. It’s deceptively good at chain cc, damage and all around goodness. It has a tendency to shut down an enemy and basically let your group curb stomp them (Rifle can almost do this on its own). It has a solid initiation tactic centered around slick shoes. AND as you said the damage, if combed correctly, can be pretty intense. The biggest problem is when you get focus fired, though it has some solid escapes. I haven’t dropped scope for protection injection, however I’ve been thinking about it. I highly recommend giving this a try if your looking for an HGH alternative that’s very fun to play. It may take a bit to get use to especially for HGH users, but in the long run I see it being very solid overall.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

I saw this build on your twitch and decided to give it a try. It’s deceptively good at chain cc, damage and all around goodness. It has a tendency to shut down an enemy and basically let your group curb stomp them (Rifle can almost do this on its own). It has a solid initiation tactic centered around slick shoes. AND as you said the damage, if combed correctly, can be pretty intense. The biggest problem is when you get focus fired, though it has some solid escapes. I haven’t dropped scope for protection injection, however I’ve been thinking about it. I highly recommend giving this a try if your looking for an HGH alternative that’s very fun to play. It may take a bit to get use to especially for HGH users, but in the long run I see it being very solid overall.

Switching in Toolkit for Rocket Boots, and traiting for Power Wrench instead of Scope will make your 1v1 and teamfight much stronger. Rocket boots is just for zerg avoidance, and quality of life.

Toolkit basically allows you to set up your control combo from 1200 range. You can magnet into slick shoes, or into another combo quite easily. Try this combo:

1.) Magnet pull,
2.) Into prybar,
3.) Into overcharge shot,
4.) Into throw wrench,
5.) Into net shot,
6.) Into slick shoes,
7.) Into grenade unload.. Quite the death combo.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

@Chaith: I can see how tool kit would be awesome. That combo alone makes it worth while, not to mention the added survival from gear shield. Although there is something oddly satisfying about using rocket boots to leap around the battlefield. Is it necessary? No. Is it optimal? You’ve already pointed out why its not. Is it worth using? It has it moments, as you said quality of life and zerg avoidance. Use rocket boots while running around, switch to tool kit when you get to a fight.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

@Chaith: I can see how tool kit would be awesome. That combo alone makes it worth while, not to mention the added survival from gear shield. Although there is something oddly satisfying about using rocket boots to leap around the battlefield. Is it necessary? No. Is it optimal? You’ve already pointed out why its not. Is it worth using? It has it moments, as you said quality of life and zerg avoidance. Use rocket boots while running around, switch to tool kit when you get to a fight.

Rocket boots if you’re worried you might encounter an outnumbered situation.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh