Post your own idea for a fun Gadget

in Engineer

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

I always had a feeling that our gadgets, even if good, they were lacking a bit of an fun factor in it, and werent really creative, so i think it would be good idea to make an thread wher people would post their own idea for an interesting gadgets and possibly dissucss it usefulness.
I will start with some of my ideas to add a bit of fun in to our gadgets playstyle.

Magnetic handcuffs
(Utility)
Launch handcuffs that will tie the target with randomly chosen player/mob in the area of the target, ever time when handcuffed oponents will move too far away from eachother they will be forcefuly pulled to the spot between them, once pulled both will recive 1s of daze.

range: 900
duration: 10s
alowed distance between handcuffed targets: 250 units
cd: 30s

• Electric shackle
    (Toolbelt for Magnetic handcuffs)
    Launch Electric shackle at the target that will cause daze every time target try to move away from the curent spot.
    range: 900
    daze: 1s
    duration: 5s
    cd: 25s

Both utility and toolbelt cd would start only after its effect end.

It could be fun movement controle gadget that could help in aoe attacks or in hindering your target movements, also utility can be simply countered by killing the mob or cooperating whit the player that you are tied to and for toolbelt its simply by not moveing for 5s(or you can move but you will be dazed throu whole 5s)

Decoy dispenser
(Utility)
Drop a large decoy(its visible like mine) at player location that will force autolock/aggro to be directed at the decoy(work like mesmer ilussions) every 5s as long the decoy is active and player/mob is in range of the decoy effect.

affected area: 1200 units around the decoy
duration: 40s
time between every lock on/aggro disruption: 5s
cd: 60s

• Decoys Field
    (Tollbelt for Decoy dispenser)
    Drop 5 decoys randomly around the player that will force autolock/aggro to be directed at the decoys every 3s as long the decoys are active and player/mob is in range of the decoys effect, the decoys can be targeted and destroyed(means that every lock-on/aggro disruption would cause the decoy to be hit whit damage and be destroyed).
    affected area: 900 units
    drop area: 300 units around player
    time between every lock-on/aggro disruption: 3s
    decoy hp: 100 (affected by crit dmg)
    cd: 20
    will automaticaly selfdestruct after 60s

Both utility and toolbelt cd would start only after last decoy disappear or is destroyed.

It would be really great help in protecting yourself from any lock-on range attacks or during escape from danger. Since its immobile you can try to lure the player out of its effect area to counter it, just like whit turrets, you can also use aoe attacks to bypass the effect.

Well, for now thats all i had in mind, but im still thinking about interesting ideas that could bring some fun in to Gadget playstyle, and i will post them soon.

If you have some good or even crazy(as long its not something stupid or irrational) idea why not post it here.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Portable launch pads.

You can place 3x launch pads that you and ally’s can use to launch yourself between them.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Portable launch pads.

You can place 3x launch pads that you and ally’s can use to launch yourself between them.

So much win. But I feel it could get really annoying, and it would open up a lot of vertical movement exploits. “And the freaking Engineer put a bunch of jump pads all around the NPC we were trying to talk to!” LOL

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Portable launch pads.

So much win. But I feel it could get really annoying, and it would open up a lot of vertical movement exploits. “And the freaking Engineer put a bunch of jump pads all around the NPC we were trying to talk to!” LOL

I was thinking along the lines that it only moves you between platforms. not any were you want. So you could use it to jump up keep walls and such provided you had been inside to place the receiver pad (does not let you go places you havent been). So there not really exploitable, its more along the lines of efficiency. I dont think they would be tall enough to block LoS to an NPC ether.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Artificial Gravity Well – Drop an AGW device on the ground, which, when triggered, slams enemies to the ground, dealing damage (knockdown) and crippling them for Xs. (acts like a trap).

• Toolbelt – Toss overloaded AGW at target, immobilizing them for 2s and applying 5x Confusion.
Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Jet Glider – while channeled, glide in a straight line knocking back enemies and dealing moderate damage (you’re basically flying during this period of time). When the channel ends, you begin dropping down and crash with the floor, in an explosion dealing a good amount of damage. This overrides normal fall damage.

Toolbelt: Lateral propulsion – use the jets to evade attacks (3/4s evade)