Postpatch WvW badgemachine:-)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Hi guys I want show you my post patch WvW build. (Sorry for bad english as usual:-))
This build was created primary for large fights with good commander.
Last patch give us a LOT of new utilites, mobility and defense what make us really good in surviving.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqyaH5y3F17IxIFde0hUUY7L6h+tsjB-jgCBofChEDgkDAEEIZPFRjtMqIasKbYqXER1Wzp2geIayAwMGA-e

- This build is pure bunker focused on highest survability in zerg fight so you live long enoung to collect all that badges:-)
- Soldier gear gives you tons of vitality and toughness (almost 28k HP, with WvW bonus and Applied Fortitude you can jump over 33k very easily).
- Main thing what make this build so superior is reduction of condis and control. With Melandru runes, traits and food you have 97% reduction of cripple, chill and immobilize and 65% overall condi reduction (100% under 25% HP). You simply dont need condi removeal in WvW because of this. Control duration is reduced by 35% and damage while controled is reduced by 53%. Its not stability but still better than nothing.
- Sigil of Restoration + Sigil of Stamina are in one catageroy yes BUT they havent cooldowns so they proc together at once. So for every kill (and there are usualy lots of them) you are healed for 670 HP and your endurance is fully refilled.

So how to use it:
- Pistol+Shield are there mostly because of 2 sigils. Ofc block is great and Throw Shield is nice fight opener. Also extra blast is good
- Flamethrower is you main weapon. It maybe sounds little silly but skill 1, 2 and 5 are only things what you will needed. In large fights its more about hit everything and survive than output most damage. On other hand with Bloodlust, Guard Leech and Might stacks (witch you usualy have with decent commander) Flame jet hits for 3k and that is enough imo.
- Before you jump into your first fight turn off in menu autotargeting and promote skill targets. Its ridiculous how many targets in front of you arent hitted by FT because of this two options. Just tag everything and you will be fine:-)
- Toolkit provide you some extra block, cripple field and fun pulls from walls. You can switch it for Slick Shoes and make some Superspeed+Slickshoes+Rocket Boots combo into enemy zerg (if its pug and you dont expect lots of stability).
- Rocket Boots are now simply fantastic gap closer. While rush you can simply jump over enemy zerg and start hiting them from middle or from behind they usualy focus their damage in front so you almost dont get hit. Its also great escape button.
- Supply crate because we have nothing better for this situation. Just use it offensive, blast it into enemy zerg, 2s AoE stun can be very annoying for enemy.
- In really large fight where are noticeable skill lags use Omnombery Compot instead for steady healing supply.

Some ppl talk will tell you more damage is needed for badges but for me 250 badges in hour and half is enough:-)

This build is actualy also pretty good in 1v1 situations. Just switch for rifle with hydromancy sigil. You have no chance to kill other bunker with good heal but burst and condi builds has no chance against you.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

in Engineer

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

Hi Rozbuska!

I have been using this build for the past 3 days and I have to say I am impressed. Good results and not so many deaths.

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Engineer

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I’ve been using something similar for the past 2 weeks. 28k Health and 3k armor is amazing considering the might stacks from juggernaught put your power over 2k and you can still have a modest crit chance. Obviously, your build doesn’t use juggernaught, but I prefer it.

Attachments:

(edited by Elthurien.8356)

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

The problem with FT is that :

1. DMG is to low
2. Burning is limited
3. Reta hiting like truck.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

I’ve been using something similar for the past 2 weeks. 28k Health and 3k armor is amazing considering the might stacks from juggernaught put your power over 2k and you can still have a modest crit chance. Obviously, your build doesn’t use juggernaught, but I prefer it.

Well my build dont have any crit proc so I dont need crit chance. Also if you run with commander there is every time 25 stack of might before in every fight.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

1. DMG is to low
2. Burning is limited

1. As I said in zerg fight it is not about damage but about hit as many as possible
2. Its power build, burning isnt source of damage
3. Just dont push a button

In zerg fight you havent much more options. Grenades flight too long, you need 30 extra points for them and retalitation still hits same. Bombs has low range and long fuse.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

1. DMG is to low
2. Burning is limited

1. As I said in zerg fight it is not about damage but about hit as many as possible
2. Its power build, burning isnt source of damage
3. Just dont push a button

In zerg fight you havent much more options. Grenades flight too long, you need 30 extra points for them and retalitation still hits same. Bombs has low range and long fuse.

1. wat? so you saying its just about hiting as many as you can even for 300 dmg ? good for random pugzord, not for organized group. So thats saying you are also pug, and your source of builds/experience is like 0.
2. power build mean, reta hit like a truck. FT without burning is not that good. Cuz its 10% more dmg, + the second strongest dot on game. And to make it for that, you need to go a little codi dmg+dura + specialy runes.
3. WOW thats a genious.

In current meta, engi is like ranger, no1 wants them.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Only thing I would do different is bomb heals. But yeah, I theory crafted this and have been trying to figure out how to afford the runes of melandru.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

1. wat? so you saying its just about hiting as many as you can even for 300 dmg ? good for random pugzord, not for organized group. So thats saying you are also pug, and your source of builds/experience is like 0.
2. power build mean, reta hit like a truck. FT without burning is not that good. Cuz its 10% more dmg, + the second strongest dot on game. And to make it for that, you need to go a little codi dmg+dura + specialy runes.
3. WOW thats a genious.

In current meta, engi is like ranger, no1 wants them.

1. With 25 might (and you always have it) you hit for 2-3k. I never said its for organized GvG its for kittenin badge farming did you understand that difference?
2. Condi builds are sux in large fights. Fantastic in small scale but in different build and playstyle.
3. Well its all about watching screen.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think i’ll stick to Grenades for farming bades. I’ll tag upto 15 enemies per attack, 1500range away. Every .5seconds.

Fun build nonetheless, but you made it abundantly clear its entirely just to farm badges by tagging and otherwise not really dealing dangerous damage. And the Grenadekit just does that all-round much better. Picking up Grenadier only makes it that much better.

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I think i’ll stick to Grenades for farming bades. I’ll tag upto 15 enemies per attack, 1500range away. Every .5seconds.

Fun build nonetheless, but you made it abundantly clear its entirely just to farm badges by tagging and otherwise not really dealing dangerous damage. And the Grenadekit just does that all-round much better. Picking up Grenadier only makes it that much better.

5 enemies, max; 15 total hits possible.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Well range build is also good:-) I build it that way because I run stick with commander where is lots of damage but also lots of heal. I tried grenades before but usualy enemies died by melee train before grenades landed:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

5 enemies, max; 15 total hits possible.

Incorrect.

5 enemies, if all 3 grenades hit, and only hit, the same targets
15 enemies, if each grenade doesn’t hit a target another grenade did

Both outcomes are equally unlikely. In practice it ends up somewhere in the middle.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well range build is also good:-) I build it that way because I run stick with commander where is lots of damage but also lots of heal. I tried grenades before but usualy enemies died by melee train before grenades landed:-)

You can very much run with the commander and chuck grenades at close range aswell, they dont have a minimum range afterall. But you can start chucking before the zergs even collide.

Especially Grenade Barrage is huge for tagging enemies. Into a clustered zerg. Just bare in mind Grenades sucks hard against mass-retal stacking like the FT, but not so hard as the FT against single-targets/few-targets with retaliation.

5 enemies, if all 3 grenades hit, and only hit, the same targets
15 enemies, if each grenade doesn’t hit a target another grenade did

Both outcomes are equally unlikely. In practice it ends up somewhere in the middle.

In a zerg you lean more towards the 15 then the 5. Definatly above average due to the forced spread arenanet put in the grenades.
Especially Poison Grenade is a big example of this, but the same applies to all grenades.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

You can very much run with the commander and chuck grenades at close range aswell, they dont have a minimum range afterall. But you can start chucking before the zergs even collide.

Especially Grenade Barrage is huge for tagging enemies. Into a clustered zerg. Just bare in mind Grenades sucks hard against mass-retal stacking like the FT, but not so hard as the FT against single-targets/few-targets with retaliation.

Thats true but still you need get that 30 pts for Grenadier somewhere:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Snip.

I run the same skills in WvW: FT, EG, Rocket Boots. I prefer Rune of the Forge over Rune of Melandru, however, and I think Soldier insignia works just fine. If you have Sentinel, great, but it’s very expensive for only a marginal increase in health (while decreasing your already incredibly low damage).

Only difference in traits is that I drop Automated Response and Leg Mods in favor of Juggernaut. It’s an added 200 Toughness, and I like running Rifled Barrels for my Rifle as well. Sometimes I just have to hang back, or sometimes somebody is just a few inches outside the base range of Hip Shot.

I also think you shouldn’t use Sharpening Stone. Use Oil to boost your Crit Chance. And Omnom Compote is better, I think, than any other food if you’re a front-liner, giving you health back per kill.

Anyway, just my own contribution. It does work very well in WvW for badge collection, though I wouldn’t use it for small-group roaming, imo.

Edit: And about the Grenade Kit. In theory it’s great, but the second you deal with skill lag, your efficiency goes to kitten. Maybe for lower tier match-ups it’s good, but I find in tier 1 Stonemist battles, it’s awful, if not impossible to wield properly.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

FT just let you die more quickly.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

FT is not viable in wvw imo, you should simply accept grenades or switch to rifle for more CC (also the immobilize coupled with magnet pull can provide magnificent fishes for your zerg), your build is way more viable in pvp though.

in Engineer

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

You’re already using a flamethrower. You don’t care about the range, just throw the grenades at your feet, or ever so slightly in front of you.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Snip.

I run the same skills in WvW: FT, EG, Rocket Boots. I prefer Rune of the Forge over Rune of Melandru, however, and I think Soldier insignia works just fine. If you have Sentinel, great, but it’s very expensive for only a marginal increase in health (while decreasing your already incredibly low damage).

Only difference in traits is that I drop Automated Response and Leg Mods in favor of Juggernaut. It’s an added 200 Toughness, and I like running Rifled Barrels for my Rifle as well. Sometimes I just have to hang back, or sometimes somebody is just a few inches outside the base range of Hip Shot.

I also think you shouldn’t use Sharpening Stone. Use Oil to boost your Crit Chance. And Omnom Compote is better, I think, than any other food if you’re a front-liner, giving you health back per kill.

Anyway, just my own contribution. It does work very well in WvW for badge collection, though I wouldn’t use it for small-group roaming, imo.

Edit: And about the Grenade Kit. In theory it’s great, but the second you deal with skill lag, your efficiency goes to kitten. Maybe for lower tier match-ups it’s good, but I find in tier 1 Stonemist battles, it’s awful, if not impossible to wield properly.

I agree Soldiers are works pretty much same. On other side with sentinel you get pretty much all power back due to sharpening stone. You lose around 5% damage and get 1500 HP. But its personal preference.

You get that same 200 toughness if you keep that 20 points in inventions:-) Only thing what Jaggernaut ill give you with this build is that might while you lose 4 pretty nice defensive traits.

I havent anything what contribute from crit chance in this build.

Compote is great thing and I use it when huge skill lags pop up instead but I have that effect from sigil already. Yes they stack but with second sigil you can very easily dodge out all power damage focus on you but you cant dodge condis already applied on you so that reduction is imo much more important. I run before full soldier + 4x Earth runes + 2x Vampirism + Sigil of Restoration + Sigil of Blood + Compote for maximal HP steal/regen and my survability was much worse than now with that superior condi reduction.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

your build is way more viable in pvp though.

Yea I try it in SPvP just for fun (same build just soldier amulet, rifle with hydromancy sigil and ofc without food) and I have a few nice screens where ppl call me cheater and hacker:-P
But I dont think it will much competetive. Maybe in Skyhammer:-)

Also if you listen trololo song 10 hours loop your effectivnes with this build will be increased rapidly:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop