Power, Cond Dmg, etc

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

Ok, searched through pages on Eng section and couldn’t find what I’m looking for so going to make a thread & ask….Feel free to move it if there’s already one there.

With all the changes that has been made, what is the best type of gear to get…i.e. Rampager, Knight, etc. Please don’t say Celestial because while I’m 80, am not to that point yet

Oh, am basically p/p – altho sometimes run p/s – with turrets (I solo on my Engi, rarely do zerg runs -that what my Ranger & Necro for) I know that limits me, but to be honest, I can’t do all the jumping around that some of the builds require, I have arthritis in my hands and some days, I do good to do simple jump puzzles

Anyways, please no bashing, I have fun on my Engi, solo’d her all the way up, have grouped during Boss events and had no complaints about my turrets.

Thanks all

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

If you prefer to use pistols, then condi is the way to go.
Best combination for roaming etc. with condi is a mix of Dire and rabid pieces.
Its quite important to get atleast 30% crit chance though so you can relatively reliably apply Incindenary Powder.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

its too early to tell.

Right now, you probably want zerker, rabid or celestial.
As silly as it sounds, cond and p/p is kindof weak and STILL scales better with power/crit. blowtorch, static shot, explosive shot.. the split is like 60% direct damage, 40% condition.
That would be highest dps for p/p. Especially in dungeons/fractals/world bosses.

Obviously WAY less dps then a power rifle/grenade/etc build.
so, thats where RABID comes in.
Rabid trades out power, for toughness. It concedes max dps, for some defense. To help ensure your conditions have time to burn.

Celestial is even more well rounded.

(edited by Casia.4281)

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: UKADAM.3910

UKADAM.3910

So is Celestial beat for everything arm then including pve ?

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Celestial is ok in spvp and wvw. It is definitely not ideal in pve.

Stat, trait, and skill changes of HoT might change this up. but no one is particualarly expect i

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

Thanks for the replies I know that p/p doesn’t do as much damage as rifle, grenades, flamethrower, but I really like p/p & sometimes p/s…it just fits me. I will check my gear, I know I already have a lot of toughness in it since one of her traits has a percentage of something based on her toughness (sorry, too early in morning to remember & haven’t had enough coffee yet). But will definitely check my percentages and see if it needs raised up more.

Like I said, I’m not much for running zergs with her, she does bosses sometimes, otherwise I just mess around on her. She’s a challenge at times doing map completion, but to me, that’s alright, I’ve got time

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

WvW roaming : Rabid is kind of king there. Celestial is pretty good, but I still prefer Rabid for roaming. You have space and your goal is to kill, so kitting while you condition make the job is the best option in my opinion. Also, the open field make it hard to use the rifle combo at its best.

sPvP : The nature of the fight make celestial better than rabid. You won’t be alone and the fight are close quarter so your rifle will hit like a truck and the additional cc from it will be super useful to keep people off the point (something you don’t need in WvW).

PvE : Assassin/Zerker for obvious reason. Celestial will make you lose a big chunk of your damage, but if everything else is right the difference is not that bad if you really only want one gear. Rabid is an horrible choice for PvE, but who knows, maybe after the expansion is will be more viable. (or not)

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Power, Cond Dmg, etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

If you want to go condi in pve, sinister stats(power, precision, condi dmg) is by far the best way to go. This will give you the best results on the condi route, wonder no one mentioned it before. Downside is you need to craft it, so you need leatherer 400.