Power/ healing or condition Engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Halasimir.8063

Halasimir.8063

Hi guys,

After few topics I made my decision and I’m gonna play engineer can you tell me what you think about those two builds? Power healing with bombs or condition dmg? I wanna play dungeons and pvp, don’t know about wvw yet :p

Thanks everyone

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

Both are decent for different reasons. Condi (dire/rabid) is good for wvw and pvp, but not good for dungeons. Power/healing/tanking build (cleric), is a good support build in dungeons, but not really good for wvw or pvp. Berserk build is best for dealing straight damage and is probably going to be your most important build. Personally I carry all 3 builds on me at all times so I can change my build on the fly, depending on the situation.

in Engineer

Halasimir.8063

Hey mate, thanks for the advice anyone else would like to share with me his opinion?

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

Both are decent for different reasons. Condi (dire/rabid) is good for wvw and pvp, but not good for dungeons. Power/healing/tanking build (cleric), is a good support build in dungeons, but not really good for wvw or pvp. Berserk build is best for dealing straight damage and is probably going to be your most important build. Personally I carry all 3 builds on me at all times so I can change my build on the fly, depending on the situation.

Mostly accurate. Cleric healing bombs are great in wvw zergs. I just run right through the middle and hardly die.

In roaming…Conditions for sure.

in Engineer

Halasimir.8063

hey

thanks for help guys. One more question: I don’t think I’m going to do wvw any time soon, more like pvp and pve. is power healing or berserk build a bad idea for that? cause I’m not sure if I could hurt warriors,guards or necro without power, just with condi :/ I’m noob and I am not really into the game yet so I might be wrong

thanks for future explanation

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yea..don’t run healing in pve dungeons. It’s bad. Condi is fine for solo but in groups it’s also bad.
A decent berserker gear build like 66020 with invigorating speed and infused precision while also taking pistol/shield and toolkit will cover all your defensive needs with 2 blocks and perma vigor. You can even go crazy and take energy sigil+elixir r but that’s way beyond overkill.

In pvp celestial rifle and p/p condi are your strongest choices.

in Engineer

Depths.4051

Yea..don’t run healing in pve dungeons. It’s bad. Condi is fine for solo but in groups it’s also bad.
A decent berserker gear build like 66020 with invigorating speed and infused precision while also taking pistol/shield and toolkit will cover all your defensive needs with 2 blocks and perma vigor. You can even go crazy and take energy sigil+elixir r but that’s way beyond overkill.

In pvp celestial rifle and p/p condi are your strongest choices.

Healing build for dungeons is situational, and one of my favorite builds. If your running pug groups, sometimes you need someone to support if you don’t have a guardian. There have been times where I’ve been stuck on lupicus in pug groups because my team can’t stay alive, so I swapped to my cleric gear and act as a healer and reviver for the group. After all the failed attempts, after I swapped to that gear set and acted as support, we cleared lupi very easily. Dungeons aren’t always straight dps, sometimes you do need more traditional rolls such as supports. Dps still being the first most important build to get though.

Btw your pve berserker build… you’re free to use whatever build you want for pve, but idk if id recommend that one…

(edited by Depths.4051)

in Engineer

Depths.4051

hey

thanks for help guys. One more question: I don’t think I’m going to do wvw any time soon, more like pvp and pve. is power healing or berserk build a bad idea for that? cause I’m not sure if I could hurt warriors,guards or necro without power, just with condi :/ I’m noob and I am not really into the game yet so I might be wrong

thanks for future explanation

I would not recommend cleric for pvp since it deals very low damage. You could be a decent tank, but good luck getting very many kills or even supporting in a helter skelter pvp match. Berserker is a definite possibility for pvp, but you don’t need to even buy the armor for pvp since pvp builds are specified by a separate system from pve and wvw armor. Get the berserk build for pve for now, and experiment with the pvp amulets, which aren’t effected by your pve armor.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Clerics in PvP, as above, i would disadvise due to the low damage you’ll be doing – you could be doing alot more damage with a decent condi build.

In dungeons… its all about your internal battle with the meta. If you’re good with following the meta, that’ll just leave you running zerk and hide in corners under the reflects of a guardian. I personally don’t like the meta though – it takes the fun of combat away.

If you’re going to do “normal” dungeon runs, i.e. not abusing combat mechanics to your advantage, clerics can work very well as support. Engineers have some of the best healing in the game, while still being able to manage sustained DPS.

For PvP, i find Rabid to work pretty well, or even Dire if you’re going full-on condi’s.

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Reflects confirmed abuse. What about bosses that don’t use projectiles?