Preparing Engineer for Path of Fire

in Engineer

Posted by: DhieV.4923

DhieV.4923

Hey guys!

I have not played for years, but planning on returning for Path of Fire.

What are the most important things I should do prior to launch?

Thank you very much for your kind advice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

play buttloads of wvw.
you get hero chests there that reward a currency for which you can unlock HoT hero challenges.
After PoF hits, these chests will be changed to reward another currency for PoF hero challenges, and already collected chests will drop the new currency rather than the old, locking HoT hero challenges to be only unlocked by actually playing them. And they are anti-fun :/

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

play buttloads of wvw.
you get hero chests there that reward a currency for which you can unlock HoT hero challenges.
After PoF hits, these chests will be changed to reward another currency for PoF hero challenges, and already collected chests will drop the new currency rather than the old, locking HoT hero challenges to be only unlocked by actually playing them. And they are anti-fun :/

I’m fairly sure old chests won’t drop the new currency, otherwise they wouldn’t give us new chests.
Old chests = only proofs of heroic
New chests = proofs of heroic or new currency to choose.

in Engineer

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

play buttloads of wvw.

I’m fairly sure old chests won’t drop the new currency, otherwise they wouldn’t give us new chests.

I’m pretty sure of the same. The whole point seems to be to prevent people from being able to immediately unlock all the PoF hero points using proofs of heroics, so it’d be a bit counterproductive for people holding onto old chests to suddenly be able to get a tonne of new currency.

Nevertheless, getting a bunch of the HoT hero points one way or another while everyone is preparing for PoF is probably a good move. I’d suggest going through HoT to grab all of the easy points, though, if you can. You can then use proofs for the ones that are a PITA or that require masteries you don’t have the opportunity to get.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

• get extra hero points
  • get generic ascended stat swapping mats (t6 leather, gossamer, ori, wood, 10 ecto per item, spirit shards) so you can be ready to create insignias/inscriptions as soon as you have the recipe and the final identifying mat (ie black diamonds = viper)
  • get hot masteries cuz gliding is prolly useful in a limited sense

i think thats about it

farming proofs of heroics isnt useful except in that they make hero points easier

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

- snip -

I was a bit mistaken, old chests will still drop the old proof of heroics, but new chests will have a new currency for pof hero challenges, and old chests itself won’t drop anymore in wvw, hence you need to farm them now, if you want to unlock HoT hero challenges.

Here’s what the dev said:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/first#post6743282

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Will-vendors-be-updated-for-PoF/first#post6743429

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)