Prybar, in a Condition Build.

in Engineer

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

How much damage do I lose from Prybar if I have a P/P Condition build and use the Toolkit?

I am debating between a P/P Condition set up, and a Rifle Power set up, for general usage (will adjust obviously for the situation), but I really like the Toolkit and want to make frequent usage of it in whatever skillset combinations I decide to use.

my worry is that if I use a Condition Build, I won’t get the full use out of the Prybar’s damage.

thoughts?

Note: I don’t like Grenades/Bombs and the Shield just…..I can’t stand the hovering. yes, i know it shouldn’t matter and I should min/max everything to the 5th decimal place for pure damage, but I just can’t stand looking at my character with a Shield on, and the Grenades/Bombs just aren’t fun for me. I like the Tool Kit, I like the Elixir Gun. Flamethrower is ok, i could live with or without it. Rocket Boots are fun.

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

in Engineer

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

Won’t matter how much up front damage it does, because its strength as a condition build is how much Confusion damage it does. My Pry Bar hits for about 1300 up front, and Confusion ticks for around 1800 or so every time the enemy does anything after being hit with Pry Bar.

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

there’s nothing stopping you from going hybrid!

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

there’s nothing stopping you from going hybrid!

Yeah I like a hybrid build. I have really come to enjoy my full ascended celestial set in WvW.

More to the Op, pry bar is great with concussion bomb, static shot, and perplexity runes in a build.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You should know that the Engineer in its current state can get you afford to change most of things that you can’t stand. The first apparition of the Celestial stats was a godsend since the very day the Bazaar of the Four Winds has hit Lion’s Arch the last year. You have alot of settings to set an accurate slider between tankiness, condition damage, and direct damage, and you can go for any direction, mixing two directions, and even all three of them, and with the weapons of your choice.

Tool Kit is awesome in general in most of builds, I’m sure you can afford to land a pry bar or two in combat. No matter if Hybrid, Condition, Tank, Direct Damage, it always have an use and costs nothing if you ever get to be in close range.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Prybar does surprisingly decent damage in condi builds.

I crit for around 1.5k (very low or 0 might stacks) in PvP.
Then you have the high damage from Confusion come in. Definitely worth using.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

confusion is one of the best condis in the game. It’s also the hardest to get any decent stacks for in PvP.

Either way, to answer your question, you have to accept that condis are a different source of damage than power. You won’t be seeing insane numbers coming from a prybar. A prybar on a target with a stack of condis will do the same, if not more damage, than a prybar with full zerkers.

By the same token it might also get cleared by an AoE clear instantly and do absolutely nothing. It really depends on what game mode you’re playing. In large scale WvW I would not recommend condi damage because of the insane amounts of clear. Small scale WvW with perp will destroy people. PvE there’s probably a better choice than toolkit for condi damage and power damage is probably a better choice overall. PvP is a lot different than all other game modes, but condi TK does fine.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Carrion gear, baby.