PvE Builds?

PvE Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

What are some, if any, decent PvE builds for the Engineer? I’ve tried going with Turrets and those things are about as flimsy as Rangers pets. I’ve tried Grenades but spamming those all day gets tiring on the fingers.

Is there perhaps a good support build for the Engineer for dungeon running?

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

PvE Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Duhh.4102

Duhh.4102

I’m not too familiar with dungeons, but in terms of Engi support options, the Elixir Gun is great for this. With a trait found in the first tier of Tools, you can cast a skill just by activating a kit. This creates a Super Elixir healing field just for taking out your Elixir Gun. It is then possible to drop down an additional Super Elixir with the 5 skill to create a ridiculous healing field. Not to mention the toolbelt skill for Elixir Gun grants regeneration to you and your allies. Obviously having points towards healing makes this effect more significant, so I would suggest putting points towards Inventions for this. I change my build around a lot, but I am currently running 30 in Firearms, 30 in Inventions, and 10 in Tools. The points towards Inventions can make turrets take less damage and give you more supplies for the Supply Crate elite skill (my personal go-to elite skill) which are useful for outputting some extra damage, or at the very least spawning a new target for enemies to beat instead of you.

Don’t mess with an Engineer, they have a box of piranhas.

PvE Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

You can also go with a Flamethrower build if you’re looking for more of an offensive build.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/engineer-pve-flamethrower-5716.html

PvE Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

What I used up to 80: Turrets. Nothing but. Great for farming if traited properly, simply because you can do something else and just check back and loot once in a while, but buggy traits (particularly Deployable Turrets (doesn’t deploy most turrets) and Accelerant-Packed Turrets (Turret explosions/detonations don’t activate Explosives traits)) and lack of scaling (Turrets scale only with traits and level, ignoring all other bonuses – a naked Turret Engineer is just as capable of fighting using nothing but Turrets as one in level 80 Exotic armor) drove me to switch to kits.

Right now, I’m using: 0E/30F/20I/20A/0T, specced for use of Elixirs, Elixir Gun and Flamethrower, with Elixirs H and B, with my Elite skill varying depending on my mood; currently, it’s the Asura D-Series Golem, but I’ve tried (and found a use for) each and every Elite skill I currently possess (all of them but Mistfire Wolves). As far as gear goes, I stick to tanky; I’m a bit of an aggromagnet, even with this build, so it’s important to be hard to kill.

I’ve also run a few areas with Grenade Kit, Bomb Kit, and Throw Mine (specced accordingly – pretty much the same, anyway, except the 30 points in Firearms is in Explosives instead); tends to work best in lower-level areas, from what I’ve seen. Will likely try both when I eventually run a dungeon.

Unsure of how useful this will be in dungeons, though – the current design of dungeons has left me disliking them, but one of these days, I’m going to have to run Sorrow’s Embrace three times a day (once on each path) for ten days. Should be a fairly good data sample.

PvE Builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Be a bomber that focuses on Explosions.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQFAUl0paZHxynF17IyoCdWoHS49pWfeIXtFEC ( copy if it is broken )

Focus on Power , toughness and precision .

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.