PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Update:

I found a build I quite like now guys, two days ago someone in-game gave me some very in-depth helpful tips which led me to use the following build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCVYhVXBGpC0ehlJjieur7/Gs6yuQSsZKgAA-TBhFgAAKBpV+Zq+zlOCA-e

I wouldn’t say I am being the best or most damaging player ever with it, the damage is easily trumped by my condition build, but I am definitely having a lot of fun with it.

I am occasionally switching out Elixir R for Flamethrower and then taking Juggernaut, but being the naively friendly person that I am, I really like tossing Elixir R’s on downed players.

Med Gyro is not something I keep active, I usually destroy it as soon as I cast it, but I get another heal comboing Reconstruction Field with Rocket Charge.

Bulwark Gyro is awesome in PvE, I have no idea what people have against it.

Thank you for all your advice, everyone.

Old post beneath the line:

I don’t know what I am doing with scrapper in PvE, no matter what I do I feel so infinitely weaker and less flexible than compared to my Condition engineer or a regular zerk-nader.

I figured I’d go tanky with a lean towards damage and power with Soldiers gear over Toughness and Vitality, but even with the added survivability I still go down really fast, faster than squishier builds… Well my condition build is not all that squishy, it uses Rabid so… But still!

It takes AGES to kill stuff as well, just soloing in the world, it feels like while I did gain lots of HP and armor and can stay alive relatively well, I traded all my damage for that.

I am by no means a pro, I am in fact a guildless solo-scrubnub 90% of the time, but I can tell when I trade all my damage for only a neglible amount of survivability in comparison, so obviously I am doing something seriously wrong here!

Basically I am having little success with gyroes, and the daze in PvE is awesome, but I can have all the CC in the world and it wouldn’t matter because I can scarcely kill things fast enough.

I know this sounds like whining, and frankly, it is, but I desperately need some insight on how to play scrapper in PvE efficiently so I don’t drag people around me down with me when I go down!

EDIT: Maybe i’ll have more success with Carrion… A mix of condition and power for the hammer…

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

one big thing, your doing wrong is using all the gyro’s. Engies are meant to have at least 1 kit preferably 2 in their skill set. Plus in this new content some more support defensive stuff condi cleanse, Block, blinds etc. is really important I myself have no trouble with the scrapper, and the hammer has so many defensive skills and good cc, it should be no problem taking down the enemies. It’s just a matter of using what you’ve got and find a proper rotation on how to deal with different enemies.

Plus I would take alchemy or tools over inventions in PVE.

To me it seems mostly like a L2P issue, but GL and don’t mix condi with hammer since it’s got no condi dmg at all. If you go hammer you go power.

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

I’d just look to what you find fun and that works for you. Nobody can tell you how to make it viable just has to be through trail and error.

As far as other people that toss that L2P thing around and say you can’t do this or that. I wouldn’t put to much to it. They seem to get a kick from telling others their play style isn’t worth trying. I’m sure you’ll figure out what play style works best for you.

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

It’s definitely L2P issue, as I mentioned I literally have no idea what I am doing.

Thank you so much for the advice, guys.

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

well I didn’t mean to offend the guy, I was trying to help. But you have to admit if you are having trouble killing mobs, when using the hammer. Then it’s obvious you don’t know how to use it properly, hence the L2P it just means he needs more time to get a hang of it. And get a hang of his build.

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

TwiceDead.1963

Found something I quite like thanks to a helpful person in the game who gave me some tips. Thanks a lot!

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Something big that will help you with pve damage is might stacking. Take the alchemy line with elixers for one big source of Might, or take Flamethrower, Juggernaut in Firearms, and Mass Momentum in Scrapper as another source. Don’t neglect Might duration runes and Sigils of Strength either.

Fishsticks

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

scrapper isnt really a pve spec…

i mean its ok/viable/whatever, but youll get more out of base engi… especially as condi.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

This is what I use for General PvE, works well in fractals and dungeons.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBlYhtbBuoC0ehlRkieKvyvEsWylA47UWlWB-TBCBwAVeAAGV+Vb/BJKBxp+DgLAQKdEJM/RKgAHDA-e
This is not as much DPS as you could get going full nades spammer, BUT it has a lot more control and is way more fun. You can blast for swiftness with a little practice you don’t even have to stop much if at all either. Target about 600-800 units ahead with orbital strike, then thundclap on top of that and deploy your healing turret and detonate it in the lightning field. With practice you can do this without stopping and I have little trouble keeping myself and my party members trucking along at full speed.

PvE Scrapper... WHAT do?

in Engineer

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

don’t use gyros, they’re a pile of bullkitten. just go for the standard tk/nades/x setup.