PvE build that focuses around kits?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Is there a viable build out there that focuses on using the weapon kits of the Engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Weapon kits are Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, and Tool Kit.
The rest are classified as Utility(unarmed) Kit. You know that right?

Edit: Anyway it depends on the role you want to fill. Solo? Dungeon? Etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Define viable? I have to ask that because it is slung around these forums like some magic buzz word, and used creatively to the point that it has entirely varying definitions from poster to poster here.

That being said, there is a build out there, for every kit, that in my opinion, is effective and efficient enough to play well and be enjoyed.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Well, I’m wondering if there’s a soloing build out there that uses Flamethrower and Grenades, and something else in the last slot.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I would think grenades, FT, elixir gun would work well together or grenades, bombs, and elixir gun.

We have a stickied tread of builds at the top.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

I change my weapon/utility/elite/trait skills soooo much, depending on the situation (and my mood). Engineers are most probably the best proffession for having such a varied possibility of playstyle

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

I use elixir gun, grenade kit, and tool kit for my DPS / survival setup in dungeons.

Use grenade autos when nothing else is available, and every time grenade barrage is off cooldown – swap to rifle, use barrage, throw wrench, blunderbuss, jump shot, swap to toolkit and use prybar, then swap to elixir gun and use the backwards leap (that thing does a ton of damage!). Return to grenade kit and continue throwing those until your next burst comes.