[PvP] Dealing with Warriors (+ X)

in Engineer

Posted by: Atrox.9216

Atrox.9216

Hello,

I would like to hear how to handle the current condiwarrior meta as an engineer. I have already problems against warriors alone as i can´t really kite them as a meleeclass. Elixier C helps a lot but i don´t take it if there is only one condiclass in the other team.

I try not to hit them with stuns/dazes as theier stunbreaks heal them. So i just kite them through Hammer 5 and avoid jumpfinishers in lightning fields. I am forced to play very defensively but die in the end.

Even worser is it to fight alone vs Warrior + X. Recently I hold close against a druid. Was no problem, almost finished him but then warri comes in. The fight ended very fast and I kissed the floor. I can handle most 2 vs 1 situations somehow but if a warrior is one of them I get wrecked quickly. The amount of stuns, powerburst and condidamage kills me very fast.

Has someone tipps?

in Engineer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Hello,

I would like to hear how to handle the current condiwarrior meta as an engineer. I have already problems against warriors alone as i can´t really kite them as a meleeclass. Elixier C helps a lot but i don´t take it if there is only one condiclass in the other team.

I try not to hit them with stuns/dazes as theier stunbreaks heal them. So i just kite them through Hammer 5 and avoid jumpfinishers in lightning fields. I am forced to play very defensively but die in the end.

Even worser is it to fight alone vs Warrior + X. Recently I hold close against a druid. Was no problem, almost finished him but then warri comes in. The fight ended very fast and I kissed the floor. I can handle most 2 vs 1 situations somehow but if a warrior is one of them I get wrecked quickly. The amount of stuns, powerburst and condidamage kills me very fast.

Has someone tipps?

Are you running the meta build?

If so, some tips more or less related to it:

-Time your hammer3 and 4 in order to pressure him while he’s in berserker mode while dodging/blocking his burst skills. Also try to have stab uptime as much as you can when you’re in rnage, and kite him when you’re out of stab to prevent being stun-locked.
-Use your hammer 2 on safe windows where you can approach him. Warrs are really good at close range, but rly bad when you keep your distance. If you can play with it and pressure him while negating his skills, and kite while waiting for your cds you gain a lot.
-For that matter, you can use Elixir Gun 4 in order to keep your distance with him.
-Try to save your reflexive shield in order to reflect his pin down. Learning the pin down animation will help a lot.
-If you’re running turret heal you can use it to cleanse conditions and then pick it up without blasting it so the cd is lower. This helps a lot on early fights were you dont need a full heal.
-As far as I know, most warrs dont run the stunbreak trait, but if they do just use your hammer5 when they are in berserker mode so their stab prevents them from getting stunned while you get some extra dmg and a lightning field in order to blast swiftness or vulnerability.
-Managing your swiftness/superspeed will help you a lot in order to engage/disengage the warr based on your cds as I have said before.

Briefly, you need to kite him as he is a lot stronger than you in close range and just engage him when you have stab/blocks/evades up, do some dmg and disengage and keep your distance while waiting for your cds again.

EDIT: Typos

M I L K B O I S

(edited by Krysard.1364)

in Engineer

Posted by: Corrupt Is The Man.5769

Corrupt Is The Man.5769

i’d recommend running purge gyro instead. i’ve been running Bulwark and Purge gyro this season and i feel like ive had the most success with 2 gyros + elixir gun.
even taking Elixir B instead of Bulwark if i see a lot of condi classes. and the Elixir B stab is really good for headbutt.

in Engineer

Posted by: Atrox.9216

Atrox.9216

@Krysard: Thank you for the tips. I knew many of them but some gave me new ideas.

@Corrupt Is the Man: Thank you too. I tested Purge Gyro several times but in my Opinion Elixier C is way better in condition cleansing then this Gyro. It´s toolbelt ability is close to uselessness and it dies quickly in teamfights. I would also loose either the dmg-reduction of Bulwark Gyro or the knockback + stunbreak of Blast Gyro.