Novuake.2691

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

PvP Explosives scrapper updated

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Why applied force and hoelbrak over adaptive armor and strength?

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Applied force allows you to land grenade bursts and damage a lot easier.

The problem with nades has always been that you need to setup grenade damage with CC. Since CC means less now than it did when nades were popular, you get a similar effect by being able to throw them out faster with quickness.

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

The problem is that without invention you have to take elixir B for speed ( no 25% more ) and you lose in survivability. Sure you have better dps and damage but you lose quite a lot in survivability and i think that the “great thing” of scrapper is that he can last really long and in meantime he can make good damage. Your build is fun ( i played something like that) and can works but it can not replace the meta for the same role

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

The problem is that without invention you have to take elixir B for speed ( no 25% more ) and you lose in survivability. Sure you have better dps and damage but you lose quite a lot in survivability and i think that the “great thing” of scrapper is that he can last really long and in meantime he can make good damage. Your build is fun ( i played something like that) and can works but it can not replace the meta for the same role

Its not designed to replace the meta scrapper. This build isn’t a cap holder and does not fair well vs revenants for example. You play it like you would a condi necro. In and out of the fight as your cooldowns and HP allows.
If you run the Seekers variant you don’t have issues with mobility. But yes in general the build is not quite as mobile as the meta one.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Its not designed to replace the meta scrapper. This build isn’t a cap holder and does not fair well vs revenants for example. You play it like you would a condi necro. In and out of the fight as your cooldowns and HP allows.
If you run the Seekers variant you don’t have issues with mobility. But yes in general the build is not quite as mobile as the meta one.

Instead of Hoelbrak, I would take Leadership. Then your swiftness lasts longer AND your quickness.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

Instead of Hoelbrak, I would take Leadership. Then your swiftness lasts longer AND your quickness.

Might as well go for the quickness seekers one then. But really weak to condis then.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

The problem with nades has always been that you need to setup grenade damage with CC. Since CC means less now than it did when nades were popular, you get a similar effect by being able to throw them out faster with quickness.

now theres a new problem with nades: new HoT things defend while attacking, and nades only attack or defend (blind).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

now theres a new problem with nades: new HoT things defend while attacking, and nades only attack or defend (blind).

Thats why hammer is used and not rifle FOr when defence is needed.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Thats why hammer is used and not rifle FOr when defence is needed.

when you use hammer, you have enough attack and defend things that you dont need attack or defend things and those attack or defend things are a waste of time in comparison ;(

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Novuake.2691

when you use hammer, you have enough attack and defend things that you dont need attack or defend things and those attack or defend things are a waste of time in comparison ;(

Only when running a defensive heavy trait setup, which this build doesn’t do. Meaning you can actually pressure when you are forced to disengage from a teamfight.
Not to mention the hammer is pure melee and forces you to commit fully a fight. Little to no range pressure on the metabuild.

Need to cleave a rezzing person? Back off and cleave with nades, promise you he won’t get the rez unless he is reflecting and even then Nade 5 is unblockable.

(edited by Novuake.2691)