[PvP] Healer engineer...

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Sup.

This entire week ive been playing nothing but healer engineer.

For a moment i tought it could be possible, at least, helping 1 person to stay alive.

I did try many variants:

Variant 1: The standard build

Variant 2: The pure med kit build

Variant 3: The blast heal build

These were one of the most freaking hardest matches i eve had, winning a teamfight seemed impossible vs aoe spam budilds.

Another thing i did notice is that winning a 2v1 wasnt so ez with healer support, they were jsut more longer.

The heals that i did done in the match were always ending in a total of 110,000 – 350,000 healing done.

At best, i did 385,000 as my max healing done in 1 match, i felt i was sastisfied with these results….

Then i decided to see how healer ele was, going with magi amulet, and i took staff since it looked like the best healing option….

BULLkitten, i haven’t played ele in months, 1 match, 1 MATCH, just in 1 match i did more heal than what i was doing with engi, 550,000! healing done in just my first match!….

The most saddest part is that i did actually felt my teammates were staying alive with these than what i was doing with my engi…

Engi healer could had the potential, i saw potential, i could stay alive as long as i played smart! but alll the effort in making thoose heal bllast work, swapping trough kit trough kit, and all for just heal, what 2000k at best?, an amount that ele could have healed in jsut 1 skill?

The issue here i saw is, those medical packs werent healing enough, for the tiny they are, and the unload time you ahve to drop them… all that effort is also wasted if your ally ignore your med kits…

Same goes for the blast, i could blast a lot, but, those blast could gone wasted if my ally wasnt simply on range, thing that healer ele, all their skills are in range, and if not, you just have to tag with them without need of a gimmicky water field…

BS

Posdata: Heres the healer ele build i did try

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

One of the many reasons I don’t believe a pure support engi could work currently. In order to reach the healing potential of druids or ele’s, you HAVE to abuse fields constantly while hoping they aren’t overwritten in the middle of a fight. Furthermore, your teammates have to use them as well, which relying on that is just not going to happen, especially in pugs. Also you should note that a lot of your healing likely didn’t show up on your post-game screen, as any blasts/whirl/leap finishers through your water fields would apply to your allies healing total. So your numbers were likely a bit higher, but probably not by much.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Sadly we do make the same mistakes over and over. About two years ago I’ve been at the exact same situation. Back then we did not have durids, so I compared my healing with guardians and elementalists. Same result, siginifcantly lower healing output and the constant feeling of weakening my group.

Do the math and you will realize the big problem behind the healing engineer. To make it short, our skills scale horribly with healingpower. Nearly every other class out there has better scaling.

Then I tried out different stat experiments for more than a year. Until I reached the point where I literally ignored the healingpower-stat at all. My healing output is not that much weaker than before, but my damage output and survivability increased a lot.

I want to play engineer on support, I want to heal my group. But despite of combos and regeneration spams and condition removes, I can play a regular engineer. Every stat-point put into healingpower is mostly wasted :S. Due to the low scaling, you need to sacrifice way too many points to get any good result. Compared to other classes, it is a waste.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

And you know, i actually did had fun with this build at a beginning, the first few matches i felt it was working somehow and i was having fun!, too bad that playing many matches showed me some bad results later :/

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

just like ele and druid engi need to be looked at on healing power too are scaling is to low i will go for lower base healing if we get better scalling… basicly with like 1300 or more healingpower on medkit auto i would like to see 1.5k per cast on heals so in terms of tick i would like to see 500.

also if u look at are heals they are way to low even though we do have toolbelt for them too so im not especting a merical but i have 26k health and 1300 healing power and medkit heal only heals for 6k
orelixer for 7k
even the a.e.d does 5k for none leathal dmg but if u take death dmg it 15k…in term of that skill if i have over 1200 healing power that should be a full heal

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

First, I would like to see how your healing would look like if you played your ele first, then your engie. You might have done so well on the ele because you warmed up with your engie, thus allowing your ele rotations to perform better. Just a thought.

When I was bored this summer, I made a set of minstrel gear. Yeah. That was fun :/

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

First, I would like to see how your healing would look like if you played your ele first, then your engie. You might have done so well on the ele because you warmed up with your engie, thus allowing your ele rotations to perform better. Just a thought.

When I was bored this summer, I made a set of minstrel gear. Yeah. That was fun :/

The healing on the engie would have looked just as bad.

There absolutely no comparison in healing potential. An ele is crushingly superior. Ha, I bet an ele just standing in waterform doing nothing heals better than an engie going through all rotations.

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

There absolutely no comparison in healing potential. An ele is crushingly superior. Ha, I bet an ele just standing in waterform doing nothing heals better than an engie going through all rotations.

I don’t disagree. But I would still be interested to see the difference. For science.

[PvP] Healer engineer...

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

In fact, you are right, that’s what i did, i just sit in water staff all the time in that match, and just changing to Earth if i needed to survive