[PvP] Marauder Elixir Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Build Here

Not sure if anyone has tried this or not, but it is tons of fun. Basically just started with the in game template build, and kept tweaking it for more and more damage. Tried to avoid sacrificing too much survival.

So far with this build (keep in mind it’s off-season of course) I can dish out some pretty hefty damage, I have consistently high might stacks, high up-time on quickness, pretty decent condi clear, and two stun-breaks and a bit of stability.

The fun part about this build though, is Elixir X’s synergy with the build. While transformed, stability is constantly pulsing, meaning might is constantly pulsing, meaning at some point we’re getting more quickness. So I run up on a big mid fight, pop Elixir B mainly for might and fury, pop Elixir U to start things off with quickness, then pop Elixir X and pray for Rampage.

Rampage with high might stacks, quickness, and fury, is insanely fun. I have won many 1v2’s with this and wiped enemy teams in group fights with this. If you do get Tornado, it’s not the end of the world, you’ll just be focusing on AoE cc more and not so much damage.

So anyways, if you’re tired of the typical bruiser scrapper and want to toy with something during the off-season, give this a try. If you see room for improvements (not total remakes, just tweaks) then leave a comment below and let me know.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

there is nothing new . In my opinion the variant with elixir S and elixir C with all necro and mesmer around is stronger . The problem of this and other builds is that the meta with bulk gyro is stronger … and in any case the game play is the same of the meta. It is a melee class like warrior, something that many old engi players don’t love (who began before hot … 2012.. 2013.. ) . Engineer at start had a completely different gameplay and it was more fun.It was not a bruiser, you had to move for stay alive and to play piano … But now… we have this kitten of scrapper only viable ….

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

there is nothing new . In my opinion the variant with elixir S and elixir C with all necro and mesmer around is stronger . The problem of this and other builds is that the meta with bulk gyro is stronger … and in any case the game play is the same of the meta. It is a melee class like warrior, something that many old engi players don’t love (who began before hot … 2012.. 2013.. ) . Engineer at start had a completely different gameplay and it was more fun.It was not a bruiser, you had to move for stay alive and to play piano … But now… we have this kitten of scrapper only viable ….

Yeah…….hello there debbie downer…

So as for the issue with mesmers and necromancers, like I said the build has plenty of access to condi clear, mesmers are super fragile outside of blocks and whatnot, and it is extremely easy to simply cc necromancers to death. So haven’t run into any issues there yet.

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Yeah…….hello there debbie downer…

So as for the issue with mesmers and necromancers, like I said the build has plenty of access to condi clear, mesmers are super fragile outside of blocks and whatnot, and it is extremely easy to simply cc necromancers to death. So haven’t run into any issues there yet.

with elixir you remove 1 condi. When a necro transfers it to you it is an hell … and also with a warrior. This is the reason why i prefer elixir C ( I prefer elixir C to purge gyro ) .
Mesmer does not stack a tons of condi as other but elixirs are really simple to interrupt and a good mesmer count on this ….

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

True you remove 1 condi when consuming elixirs. So let’s see we have 2 condi removed from healing turret, 3 from Elixir Gun, 2 each from Elixir B, U, and X. If you are still having issues with conditions after that, I suppose you could swap out Elixir B or U for Elixir C.

It’s just been unnecessary for me so far. When fighting mesmers, dodge into the shatters. Warriors, kite berserk mode or just cleanse through it. Necromancers, just cc them to death and kite reaper shroud.

Also, I can’t think of a single time where my elixirs have been interrupted. I mean, you’d have to be not paying attention at all and just stand there as the mesmer clones come running at you. Lol.

Gate of Madness

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

My build has been buffed! Thank you Anet!

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I fought something veeeeeerry close to this yesterday in PvP and again in WvW. Was on my condi engi in PvP and my staff/LB druid in WvW. The one in PvP played very well, however my condi sustain was too much for their cleanse.

One in WvW was also not bad, however all I had to do was camp staff for 90% of the fight, only swapping to my LB when the reflects/blocks were on CD for a quickness LB burst. They would then pop their block/reflect but i was already on staff by then.

It’s an ok build tbh but if ppl have fun playing it then to each their own.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

I can’t see it being much use in WvW since it is a melee build meant for team fights. As for condi, haven’t ran into any issues against condi builds so far, and Anet just gave me more condi clear.

Of course, I’m stuck only playing this in unranked for now so I won’t be able to get any worthwhile testing on the build until the next season starts.

Gate of Madness