Quip/Fractal pistol or The Predator?

in Engineer

Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

I am able to get one of those sets…. but I can not decide.

What would you choose?

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

If I had to choose, I certainly wouldn’t pick Quip. I might be a flamboyant, purple-and-gold coated little kitten with a tankard of beer on his chest, but that doesn’t mean I want to shoot bubbles and confetti.

So…Predator, simply because it’s less of a joke.

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

You have the possibility to buy the legendary but you don’t have a favorite build yet? You should choose whatever you use the most.

Anyway I would pick none of these. Quip is very cool but it not matches my style since I want a sober/furious engineer. Predator on the other hand is a sniper and the engineer uses it as a shotgun and that looks stupid. My advice is that you don’t rush to buy it yet, wait a few more months for an expansion. Arena Net told us there would be more legendary choices.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

You have the possibility to buy the legendary but you don’t have a favorite build yet? You should choose whatever you use the most.

Anyway I would pick none of these. Quip is very cool but it not matches my style since I want a sober/furious engineer. Predator on the other hand is a sniper and the engineer uses it as a shotgun and that looks stupid. My advice is that you don’t rush to buy it yet, wait a few more months for an expansion. Arena Net told us there would be more legendary choices.

My opinion, really, mirrors this – none of the currently extant legendaries in any way, shape or form fit the Engineer. Predator is for Warriors, the shield is for Guardians, and Quip…I don’t really know if Mesmers can use pistols, but they’re the only ones who it might fit.

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

A very good decision to have patience. It’s better to choose between a bad-kitten Shotgun or Crossbow skin for a rifle than what we currently have.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

I would go Quip but then again my engineer is a little Asura that I went out of my way to make as cute as possible! So the quip wouldn’t go against her image.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Engineer

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

I would tend to go with neither for many of the reasons stated (Quip’s silliness, Predator’s sniper look vs engineer’s shotgun usage.) But if you’re dying for a legendary, why not consider The Flameseeker Chronicles?

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Oh, right, that’s the Shield that’s designed for the Guardian. Couldn’t remember the name and didn’t feel like looking it up.

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

I’d actually take frenzy over the other weapons… although only if you like running zerkers. No worthwhile condition damage on harpoon gun to speak of.

in Engineer

Posted by: Remillard.8691

Remillard.8691

Yeah Flameseeker Chronicles is more Guardian style, but it still looks cool. As an asura engineer, my options for legendaries is even more limited because you can’t freakin’ SEE any of them — except for the shield ;-).

I currently use the SAB shield skin because it felt like it would be something that would appeal to the character.

in Engineer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Would def be Quip for me. I love the P/P set for fun-factor use and I find Quip to be one of the best weapons in the game for trolling PVP when killing people…if only it didn’t require so much PVE to acquire.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

I am able to get one of those sets…. but I can not decide.

What would you choose?

This is how an Engineer Pistol should look like. Or maybe like this.

This kind of shield would look on an engineer. (With actual moving gears).

I wouldn’t mind using this rifle

in Engineer

Velron.3729

There are some pretty good gear shields that look Engineer. Check the Charr cultural weapons. I have the t3 shield skin for when I use a shield.

in Engineer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I would hold off on getting a legendary for the engi. Maybe find an alt you like then once you have them 80 and got a build you really like, get the legendary for them instead.

but if you HAVE to have one for the engi, pick the rifle, I cant tell you how much i hate the pistol skills. While the shield skills are great, it doesnt make up for how bad the main hand pistol is. SOOO much hate for them.

in Engineer

Velron.3729

I would hold off on getting a legendary for the engi. Maybe find an alt you like then once you have them 80 and got a build you really like, get the legendary for them instead.

but if you HAVE to have one for the engi, pick the rifle, I cant tell you how much i hate the pistol skills. While the shield skills are great, it doesnt make up for how bad the main hand pistol is. SOOO much hate for them.

Really?? A long duration poison on a short CD and a bouncing blind/confusion on a short CD are bad?

in Engineer

Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

mm i see…

I was going for quip, but a stroke of luck hit me and gave me The Hunter.

I was wondering if the laser/yellow aura coolness factor outweighs the p/p strength and the purple aura. I might just sell it if the predator is not worth it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Spalen.9483

Spalen.9483

Personally i would go with the quip, but that is mainly because my engi’s name has pew in it. Good luck with whatever u get your hands on.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I find it a bit odd that the problem is presented as a cosmetic one: which look do we prefer?

One is for rifle builds, the other is for p/p builds. These two types of builds tend to be at the other extremes of the engineer build spectrum.

So my first question is: don’t you have any preference to what build to use?
The answer could be that you don’t mind either way, but my experience is that most engineers do have a preference in weapon.
I’m a shield-pistol addict for example.

I wouldn’t take predator regardless of how good it looks to some. Simply because I don’t like using rifles all that much.

If you really don’t care, than it’s also very striking that you have no cosmetic preference between the serious rifle look of predator, and the completely opposite funny look of Quip.

I can’t help you there, it would depend on the race, the gear and the vision you have of your engineer. Given that you don’t have a preferred weapon build to start with of course.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I got predater and I don’t regret it even if it is a (beautiful) sniper rifle which my engi shots from hips *lol. Anyway the grenade barrage is awesome and this alone is worth the legendary.

But if i get serious – playing fraktals level 50+ or roaming wvw – I mostly switch on p/p and then I regret not having to legendary pistols :-/