Quip Suggestion

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

What if you made it so the Quip causes your Grenades to make equally frustratingly large party sounds when you used them? I would get this legendary just for the auditory pain I would inflict when tossing my ’nades.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Or, they could completely delete the skin & make an entirely new one that doesn’t suck.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Or, they could completely delete the skin & make an entirely new one that doesn’t suck.

Ooooooooooh someones buthurt cuz they got corpse trolled by a quip auto in WvW.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Spalen.9483

Spalen.9483

That sounds like an awesome idea. I would personally love to see more Quip effects incorporated into our kits. For example Big Ol Bomb having confetti, party sounds, and a smiley face as a bomb cloud instead of just the default one.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Singer.8740

“a smiley face as a bomb cloud”

ME LIKEY.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

^ I lol’d so hard.
Small cute characters, annoying sounds and effects and stupid names = the most passive way to troll the most people.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Do you actually think before you post? It has nothing to do with a random player killing someone in WvW.

With Quip, your own friends and guildies will avoid playing dungeons and WvW with you. Because the soud effects will annoy them that much. You will not even want to play with you, because the noises from this pistol will annoy you.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Singer.8740

Do you actually think before you post? It has nothing to do with a random player killing someone in WvW.

With Quip, your own friends and guildies will avoid playing dungeons and WvW with you. Because the soud effects will annoy them that much. You will not even want to play with you, because the noises from this pistol will annoy you.

i own quip and i have never noticed these problems? i have noticed allot of people rageroiding there keyboards in WvW however. Take a chill pill and keep your assumptions to yourself thank you.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

coglin.1867

i own quip and i have never noticed these problems? i have noticed allot of people rageroiding there keyboards in WvW however. Take a chill pill and keep your assumptions to yourself thank you.

Hypocrite much ?
You made a smart mouth post “assuming” his issues were based on being killed by a use of quip.

I based my statements on personal experience. thus no assumptions. Again making me scratch my head at your post and question once more, if you actually think before you post.

They stated and hinted to there issues with the weapon, and you jump right to trolling and making absolutely false accusations. Further you go on to make false statements. You claim to have ESP and be able to tell us what players on other server think if you kill them? Your joking right? Your not really sitting here trying to convince us that you have any proof what so ever that a player on another server had an issue with dying to Quip specifically.

i know when I kill them, there dead body just layes there, no matter what happens to thier keyboard, so to your claim that you “*noticed allot of people rageroiding there keyboards in WvW *” I would love for you to explain how you know the player on the other server was upset in the least. I call shenanigans on this load om manure.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Spalen.9483

Back on topic i spent quite a bit today thinking of a good effect and what if it makes flame jet fire multi coloured fire. XD

Multi colored flames and fireworks!

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Kouta.4159

Kouta.4159

Or what if they would fix the legendary and backpack issue finally? I got my Quip since a while, and I can’t see the issue.
If you got granade kit with quip nothing happens, if you go for the nader trait, suddenly your toolbelt skill has Quip effect, how? why? Why can’t that be there without the trair? Why can’t the nades has the same effect with the condition colour (Chill nades with blue flags, poison nades with green flag…etc). It is an example what is in the game halfly. We are begging for these changes since betas…. (along with the backpack….)

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, having legendaries (main-hand ones, at least) affecting our kits would be nice, indeed.

(also, a multi-colored fire would be nice; what if we had a sort of rainbow-coloured flame for flamethrower, fireworks for explosions (coloured according to the effect of the skill), some funny skin instead of wrench & gear shield, and i have no idea at all for the elixir gun?)

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Quip is great over all:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i am accepting any seasoned/hard/elder/ancient log donations towards my quip.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

This would be mildly entertaining if A: I actually had game sounds on and B: if anyone ever did anything on my corpse other than bowing or saluting.

So, yeah, no.

I don’t like it because it’s stupid and I wouldn’t want it for myself. I think all legendaries should be highly sought after; it’s clear that quip does not fall in this category.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree 1000%. I don’t want a massively expensive joke pistol. I want a big bad kitten pistol.

Inb4 we get a pistol that shoots out cats due to the filter

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Shanks R Us.2489

I agree 1000%. I don’t want a massively expensive joke pistol. I want a big bad kitten pistol.

Inb4 we get a pistol that shoots out cats due to the filter

….I’d be ok with it shooting cats. As long as the cats were alive & proceeded to attack your target.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Worst Legendary in the game by far.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

That.

Quipp is really annoying. I dont know about pvp because i dont really play pvp anymore but having someone in the party using quipp make me rage for sure. I usually turn off the sound of gw2 and put music when that happen.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Quip is really annoying.

This small phrase alone, pretty much sums up my over all opinion, and the opinion of most I know.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: cdimgcc.1638

cdimgcc.1638

Regardless of whether or not the quip is annoying, they should make a different skin. It’s just stupid that engineers spend all this time playing the game, then finally getting all they need for a legendary only to be greeted by some clown gun.

The same goes for the predator. It’s really a warrior skin and it would just look silly when hipfiring that. I really wonder why they went with this specific skin, because a scopeless skin would’ve been more universal.

I know that silly stuff can sometimes be funny, but at least give people a choice.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Posted by: Maderas.9741

Maderas.9741

I’d say it’s pretty clear they made Quip with mesmers in mind. I wouldn’t be caught dead using it on a thief or engineer. It might be mildly amusing for a few days, but if I’m going to spend weeks grinding out a legendary I expect it to look good.

Fortunately I’m spared from that decision since I play the one class that gains pretty much zero benefit from having a legendary, anyway. Thanks, Arenanet… I guess.

Quip Suggestion

in Engineer

Spalen.9483

I’ve got another one. Upon dropping Super Elixir, dandelions and confetti appear floating around in the area of effect along with sounds of people cheering/party sounds on the first pulse.