RIP: Automated Medical Response

in Engineer

Posted by: ToffiKeks.6385

ToffiKeks.6385

Hi,

First of all: Great Changes.

But i miss the minor in Inventions: Automated Medical Response. This is essential for an extra water field in fights :/ I hope it is there, hiding in a new trait :’(

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I will miss it so much. the backbone of all my builds. a true friend and a true hero.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I really hope its not gone, its basically a must have trait in any build I run.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hi,

First of all: Great Changes.

But i miss the minor in Inventions: Automated Medical Response. This is essential for an extra water field in fights :/ I hope it is there, hiding in a new trait :’(

Also extra condi removal and bast finisher.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Well it looks like it is here to stay… Just as an alchemy grand master trait… Think that’s it anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hero Reborn.7625

Hero Reborn.7625

The whole Invention line is F-ed up. Seriously, what are they thinking? I hope they find a way to keep Stabilized Armor, Power Shoes, and Automated Medical Response.

(edited by Hero Reborn.7625)

in Engineer

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

yep i´m also disappointed, if they delete Protective Shield, Automated Medical Response and Powershoes.. Seems that i have to change to the boring meta gang :/. I like actually how this traitline works with mightstacks for the dmg compensation but after expansion its gone maybe.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinrut.1743

Xinrut.1743

There is an Automated Response (probably AMR) as a Grandmaster trait in Alchemy.

Powerpoint screencap: http://i.imgur.com/Mh0DUbq.jpg

With AMR placed in Alchemy, you can also take advantage of Self-Regulating Defenses and Projection Injection (or Invigorating Speed) all in one traitline. Streamlined defense.

Edit: Nevermind that, misread AR as AMR.

They should just make AMR as the TBD Grandmaster trait in Alchemy or merge it with Automated Response.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

(edited by Xinrut.1743)

in Engineer

choovanski.5462

There is an Automated Response (probably AMR) as a Grandmaster trait in Alchemy.

With AMR placed in Alchemy, you can also take advantage of Self-Regulating Defenses and Projection Injection (or Invigorating Speed) all in one traitline. Streamlined defense.

Automated Response is an exiting trait that lowers condition duration at low hp. it’s other the same trait. also self regulating defenses has been moved up and now competes with backpack rgn. what a shame.

in Engineer

Xinrut.1743

Automated Response is an exiting trait that lowers condition duration at low hp. it’s other the same trait. also self regulating defenses has been moved up and now competes with backpack rgn. what a shame.

That’s right. The name was very similar, so I interpreted it as AMR when it is not.

Self Regulating Defenses competing with Backpack Regenerator does limit the engineer.

Especially considering you get a class like Warrior that had both Defy Pain (similar to SRD) and Adrenal Health (a regen skill based on adrenaline level) both in one traitline, the latter of which was proposed as a minor trait in the Warrior defense line. They still can take advantage of both damage negation and regen.

Backpack Regenerator should just become a minor trait, and AMR should come back either in the Alchemy or Tools line if it has no place in Inventions.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

in Engineer

choovanski.5462

That’s right. The name was very similar, so I interpreted it as AMR when it is not.

Self Regulating Defenses competing with Backpack Regenerator does limit the engineer.

Especially considering you get a class like Warrior that had both Defy Pain (similar to SRD) and Adrenal Health (a regen skill based on adrenaline level) both in one traitline, the latter of which was proposed as a minor trait in the Warrior defense line. They still can take advantage of both damage negation and regen.

Backpack Regenerator should just become a minor trait, and AMR should come back either in the Alchemy or Tools line if it has no place in Inventions.

I would take AMR as a master or grandmaster in tools even. backpack rgn as a minor would be perfect, every kit running engineer has to take it.

I have this perfect healing bomb build, and the revamps to alchemy and inventions kill it. the loss of power shoes is major tears, AMR also.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ive found the times that i want to have SRD are times BPR doesnt do a whole lot. i want SRD when i zerg dive. when i zerg dive, SRD is my alarm clock that says “time to leave”, and im taking too much damage for BPR to be significant sustain. any other time, SRD is something my enemies can take advantage of by counting to 3, so BPR is the better choice, because those are more drawn out, small scale battles where the sustain from BPR really helps me out over a longer period of time.

the choice between invigorating swiftness and prot injection is more distressing to me

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Xinrut.1743

If they merged AMR with Automated Response that would be even better, actually. Automated Response as it is isn’t all that great unless it got a super buff. It needs its trigger HP increased from 33%+ and/or apply the duration reduction to conditions previously on the player before it triggers. As it is now if you’re at 33% HP and going down it doesn’t help if it’s layers of burning or bleeds applied before trigger that decimates your HP.

ive found the times that i want to have SRD are times BPR doesnt do a whole lot. i want SRD when i zerg dive. when i zerg dive, SRD is my alarm clock that says “time to leave”, and im taking too much damage for BPR to be significant sustain. any other time, SRD is something my enemies can take advantage of by counting to 3, so BPR is the better choice, because those are more drawn out, small scale battles where the sustain from BPR really helps me out over a longer period of time.

the choice between invigorating swiftness and prot injection is more distressing to me

Agreed, SRD for zerg diving is a must. Wouldn’t be too bad to have the Backpack Regen shuffled around with Invigorating speed, so Invigorating Speed becomes a minor. Choices, choices. The traits really have to be tuned in terms of placement.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW

(edited by Xinrut.1743)

in Engineer

choovanski.5462

automated response + automated medical response would be amazing. a very worthy grandmaster, I mean look at warriors shout trait.