RIP Elixir S toolbelt and Stealth Gyro

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

Now that people will glom to the new sigil of revelation because of thiefhate, so much for having stealth ourselves I guess.

Anet can you at least give us a tp or blink ability like thief, and dh, and mesmer, and druid, and necro, and revenant, and ele? Something so we are not a slow lumbering tank? At least with stealth we had a slight chance of retreating from a fight…

EDIT: Sigil of Revelation cd has been nerfed to 18 seconds. Now it’s not so bad, running stealth as an Engi is still viable with the cd nerf to the sigil. GGWP Anet! Mods can delete this now if they want.

(edited by scorekeeper.6524)

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Just put evade on Rocket Boots and make it go a bit farther.

But yeah. Sneak Gyro was already not great because it only protects you from targeted attacks and only if you aren’t in the line of fire between your opponent and the gyro itself. It’s also a giant target that screams “AOE HERE”.

To add further insult, bouncing attacks that hit sneak gyro will bounce off and hit you while you’re in stealth…

Yes, this new sigil hurts stealth a bit, but on a long enough cooldown, on a pretty small radius, and at the cost of a weapon sigil. I think it’ll be fine. I doubt it’ll see too much play. However, it could be a problem for the game if people see thieves/mesmers on the other team and all put on this sigil to completely counter them.

I don’t think it’ll be a huge issue for engi, but I guess we’ll see.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Is tp teleport. What teleport and/or blink does druid have?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

scorekeeper.6524

Yes, tp means teleport. Druid staff 3.

in Engineer

scorekeeper.6524

Just put evade on Rocket Boots and make it go a bit farther.

But yeah. Sneak Gyro was already not great because it only protects you from targeted attacks and only if you aren’t in the line of fire between your opponent and the gyro itself. It’s also a giant target that screams “AOE HERE”.

To add further insult, bouncing attacks that hit sneak gyro will bounce off and hit you while you’re in stealth…

Yes, this new sigil hurts stealth a bit, but on a long enough cooldown, on a pretty small radius, and at the cost of a weapon sigil. I think it’ll be fine. I doubt it’ll see too much play. However, it could be a problem for the game if people see thieves/mesmers on the other team and all put on this sigil to completely counter them.

I don’t think it’ll be a huge issue for engi, but I guess we’ll see.

It’s a 9 sec cd (unless they changed it) and engi in PvP right now is a melee class…so yeah we’ll always be in range of it, most likely. Since most meta engis run elixir line and since having double elixir s is pretty much mandatory in a meta full of classes that can burst you down/lock you down quick, it hurts than toolbelt elixir S is backdoor nerfed in this way.

edit: Rocketboots buff would be nice (though usually Condi builds take boots since the burn from the toolbelt is pretty good). Or give us a portal thingy like Mesmers. We are engis, after all, we construct things, would it make sense to let us construct little mini Asura portals?

(edited by scorekeeper.6524)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

No one runs that sigil. Besides, Sneak Gyro PULSES stealth.

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

Um, druid staff 3 is an evade, not a teleport. Much like scrapper hammer 3 actually.

Gate of Madness

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dont think revelation will change anything about engi stealth and i think you are just doomsaying.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

scorekeeper.6524

Um, druid staff 3 is an evade, not a teleport. Much like scrapper hammer 3 actually.

Annnnnd how many eframes does hammer 3 get compared to druid staff 3? And distance who goes further? And which skill isn’t affected by small bumps in the terrain?

Point is, you’re being tickytacky with semantics-for all intents and purposes its a tp ability, you press 3 you become untouchable and you travel a great distance.

in Engineer

scorekeeper.6524

i dont think revelation will change anything about engi stealth and i think you are just doomsaying.

And I think you’re wrong, but that’s not really new. So I guess we’re done here.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

And I think you’re wrong, but that’s not really new. So I guess we’re done here.

the gyro already gives you away and it’s main purpose in pvp is as a target drop rather than a stealth because you also have 2 puddles to reveal you just as frequently as an enemy weapon swaps. therefore, the change in power is noticeable but not so much that stealth gyro becomes unusable. this is where pre game mind games can come into play to the extent that they can in gw2 – the other team has an engi, so does that engi take gyro or x, and do you take revelation or something useful. the answer to this question ideally adds depth to gameplay and counterplay. in reality, in gw2 its prolly too small to matter.

as for toss s, the play patterns for it are something like:

• use it as an engage, for which revelation provides no reasonable counter because the point is they don’t see you coming, won’t predict you, and may not even be in combat for weapon swap effects.
  • use it as a disengage, but at this point you are juking already and revelations 240 aoe is small. git gud at juking and it won’t be an issue.

please, why do you think this logic is wrong I want to know so I can ponder it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Annnnnd how many eframes does hammer 3 get compared to druid staff 3? And distance who goes further? And which skill isn’t affected by small bumps in the terrain?

Point is, you’re being tickytacky with semantics-for all intents and purposes its a tp ability, you press 3 you become untouchable and you travel a great distance.

No, he is just being correct, druid staff 3 is not a teleport, it can’t for example traverse the z axis like a teleport, go through obstacles like a teleport, it is not instant like a teleport, etc, saying staff 3 on druid is a teleport is like saying GS 3 on a warrior is a teleport, simply wrong.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Engineer

scorekeeper.6524

RIP thread, Revelation now has a 18 sec cd. Thank you Anet

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

No, he is just being correct, druid staff 3 is not a teleport, it can’t for example traverse the z axis like a teleport, go through obstacles like a teleport, it is not instant like a teleport, etc, saying staff 3 on druid is a teleport is like saying GS 3 on a warrior is a teleport, simply wrong.

Thank you. Also, if Druid is immobilized, staff 3 takes them nowhere. Not a teleport.

Gate of Madness